Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Arizona’s chief election officer And Dem Candidate for Governor, Something is fishy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Kari Lake slams Dem opponent for not recusing herself as election chief despite run: 'Major ethical problem'

'Obviously, just the optics of it looks bad,' Kari Lake says

Republican Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake took issue with her Democratic opponent not recusing herself as Arizona’s chief election officer amid days of election officials counting ballots. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kari-lake-sla...al-problem
This isn't about ethics.. This is about power and to hell with how you get it..
It's exactly what governor Kemp in GA did in 2018.
If you didn't have a problem with it in GA in 2018, then you don't get to have a problem with it in AZ in 2018.
Personally I think SoS is mostly a ceremonial role, and if one of them ever put their hands on the scales it would be obvious and we would know.
(11-13-2022, 03:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It's exactly what governor Kemp in GA did in 2018.
If you didn't have a problem with it in GA in 2018, then you don't get to have a problem with it in AZ in 2018.
Personally I think SoS is mostly a ceremonial role, and if one of them ever put their hands on the scales it would be obvious and we would know.
It was a problem in GA. He won because he gave a huge contract for the machines. Now he ends up wining by the same % as each other but no one really likes the SOS and somehow the senate race goes the other way. They are cheating for their races and then giving away the senate so they stay in power.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(11-13-2022, 03:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It's exactly what governor Kemp in GA did in 2018.

Secretary of State... the ceremonial role, lol. You are just so bad at this. You'll get what you want. It makes me laugh because the elites think you're stupid. They think you're too dumb to govern yourself. Every time you post, I agree with them more and more. At this point, I'm literally just trying to resign myself to processing this future where our voice is an illusion because of folks like you, and Cleatwood, and HB, and Marty. You'll sit there while the "ceremonial" Secretary of State wins the election due to a voting infrastructure that is clearly broken. Despite years of polling data that shows Republicans are underrepresented in polling and winning the popular vote, they lose almost every 50/50 toss up race this election. Sure thing, idiots.
I honestly hope the democrats defeat all odds and win the house too. Genuinely. That's not sarcasm.
If the only way you're willing to accept democracy is if your side is always in charge then you don't really accept democracy.
(11-13-2022, 05:11 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]

Secretary of State... the ceremonial role, lol. You are just so bad at this. You'll get what you want. It makes me laugh because the elites think you're stupid. They think you're too dumb to govern yourself. Every time you post, I agree with them more and more. At this point, I'm literally just trying to resign myself to processing this future where our voice is an illusion because of folks like you, and Cleatwood, and HB, and Marty. You'll sit there while the "ceremonial" Secretary of State wins the election due to a voting infrastructure that is clearly broken. Despite years of polling data that shows Republicans are underrepresented in polling and winning the popular vote, they lose almost every 50/50 toss up race this election. Sure thing, idiots.
Dude. Take a break ya big baby.

You whine more than anyone on this board. You’re like a more educated Ronster.

Relax.
(11-13-2022, 07:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2022, 05:11 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Secretary of State... the ceremonial role, lol. You are just so bad at this. You'll get what you want. It makes me laugh because the elites think you're stupid. They think you're too dumb to govern yourself. Every time you post, I agree with them more and more. At this point, I'm literally just trying to resign myself to processing this future where our voice is an illusion because of folks like you, and Cleatwood, and HB, and Marty. You'll sit there while the "ceremonial" Secretary of State wins the election due to a voting infrastructure that is clearly broken. Despite years of polling data that shows Republicans are underrepresented in polling and winning the popular vote, they lose almost every 50/50 toss up race this election. Sure thing, idiots.

Relax.

Thanks for a nice laugh after another Jags loss
(11-13-2022, 03:09 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Kari Lake slams Dem opponent for not recusing herself as election chief despite run: 'Major ethical problem'

'Obviously, just the optics of it looks bad,' Kari Lake says

Republican Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake took issue with her Democratic opponent not recusing herself as Arizona’s chief election officer amid days of election officials counting ballots. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kari-lake-sla...al-problem

Is she trying to say a Secretary of State should never run for another office?

That's ridiculous.
(11-13-2022, 07:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2022, 05:11 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Secretary of State... the ceremonial role, lol. You are just so bad at this. You'll get what you want. It makes me laugh because the elites think you're stupid. They think you're too dumb to govern yourself. Every time you post, I agree with them more and more. At this point, I'm literally just trying to resign myself to processing this future where our voice is an illusion because of folks like you, and Cleatwood, and HB, and Marty. You'll sit there while the "ceremonial" Secretary of State wins the election due to a voting infrastructure that is clearly broken. Despite years of polling data that shows Republicans are underrepresented in polling and winning the popular vote, they lose almost every 50/50 toss up race this election. Sure thing, idiots.

Relax.

Is rather be an educated ronster than an uneducated drive by poster that can't use his brain to be critical of anything but other people. This is the only way the left makes ground. They convince people like you demagogue people instead of confronting ideas, and the demagoguery becomes the goal instead of the issue itself. 

There isn't a complaint from someone on the left with regards to policy that i can't understand the sentiment behind it, but you don't even bother yourself with that type of empathy. Your only sense of superiority comes from being part of the ingroup. It's pedantic, uncritical, and uninformed.

You know... there isn't a single person on this board that wouldn't feel cheated if they were in the exact same position as Kari Lake. If you can't look at that situation and recognize that something is seriously broken, that speaks to your own cognitive bias or ability. Yet, not enough people are willing to speak out about it, because they are afraid of being called an election denier. It's all rhetoric. People like you are just a tool to keep them in line. Great job, tool.
And let me be clear. I am not a fan of Kari Lake. I think she's the wrong kind of candidate. I am tired of people overlooking the obvious because they are afraid of being labeled something.
(11-13-2022, 08:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2022, 07:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Dude. Take a break ya big baby.

Relax.

Is rather be an educated ronster than an uneducated drive by poster that can't use his brain to be critical of anything but other people. This is the only way the left makes ground. They convince people like you demagogue people instead of confronting ideas, and the demagoguery becomes the goal instead of the issue itself. 

There isn't a complaint from someone on the left with regards to policy that i can't understand the sentiment behind it, but you don't even bother yourself with that type of empathy. Your only sense of superiority comes from being part of the ingroup. It's pedantic, uncritical, and uninformed.

You know... there isn't a single person on this board that wouldn't feel cheated if they were in the exact same position as Kari Lake. If you can't look at that situation and recognize that something is seriously broken, that speaks to your own cognitive bias or ability. Yet, not enough people are willing to speak out about it, because they are afraid of being called an election denier. It's all rhetoric. People like you are just a tool to keep them in line. Great job, tool.
Man. Lots of words when you could have just said “I’m better and smarter than everyone. Bow down to me peasents!”

You called people out for no reason at all and then call them a tool?

Tough keyboard guy huh? Take a break big boy because you’re looking a little desperate for attention.
Lol. Internet tough guy? That's what you got? I'd like to say I'm shocked that you choose to focus on the person over the substance of the argument, but I'm not. If I did a search for your last 100 posts in this forum, what percentage of them would have contributed anything to the subject of the debate? Why don't you take a break, go read a book, and come back here when you can make an argument about a topic.
(11-13-2022, 09:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. Internet tough guy? That's what you got? I'd like to say I'm shocked that you choose to focus on the person over the substance of the argument, but I'm not. If I did a search for your last 100 posts in this forum, what percentage of them would have contributed anything to the subject of the debate? Why don't you take a break, go read a book, and come back here when you can make an argument about a topic.
Hey! Best part is that I can post about whatever I want.

I’ll keep driving by and you keep beating up on Mike to make yourself feel better.
(11-13-2022, 08:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2022, 07:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Dude. Take a break ya big baby.

Relax.

I would feel cheated if I was her.  It's not hard to make me feel frustrated. I would feel very frustrated.  But just because a person feels a certain way doesn't mean he or she has a point about anything.

If we think this situation is unacceptable, nothing can be done now.  Kari Lake agreed to play the game under these rules.  You don't change the rules in the middle of the game.  

Like Marty suggested, we could make a rule that a state's SoS can't run for office while in office, and that would prevent this from happening again, but it would not solve this particular case.  And it would be pretty ridiculous,  as Marty said.
(11-13-2022, 09:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2022, 09:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. Internet tough guy? That's what you got? I'd like to say I'm shocked that you choose to focus on the person over the substance of the argument, but I'm not. If I did a search for your last 100 posts in this forum, what percentage of them would have contributed anything to the subject of the debate? Why don't you take a break, go read a book, and come back here when you can make an argument about a topic.
Hey! Best part is that I can post about whatever I want.

I’ll keep driving by and you keep beating up on Mike to make yourself feel better.

You post about what you can, not about what you want.
(11-13-2022, 10:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2022, 08:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ].

I would feel cheated if I was her.  It's not hard to make me feel frustrated. I would feel very frustrated.  But just because a person feels a certain way doesn't mean he or she has a point about anything.

If we think this situation is unacceptable, nothing can be done now.  Kari Lake agreed to play the game under these rules.  You don't change the rules in the middle of the game.  

Like Marty suggested, we could make a rule that a state's SoS can't run for office while in office, and that would prevent this from happening again, but it would not solve this particular case.  And it would be pretty ridiculous,  as Marty said.

Thank you. This should be the national sentiment. It should have been the national sentiment LAST election. However, democrats were too busy calling people election deniers. Why? Most likely because they don't actually want to fix these problems. People need to stop being afraid of being called names. This narrative is ridiculous on its face. 

Personally, I think the democrats are cheating. I spent a good amount of time looking at the numbers last election, and I posted what I thought were OBVIOUS cases of fraud in swing states. This election, I did the same and I couldn't find it. I still believed they cheated, based on the fact that they blew away the polls and republican turnout was HUGE this year except in a few key blue counties, but they did it well if they did it. I was resigned to just accept the results, because if it's that clean, what can you do about it?

Then there is AZ and all the seats that are slowly turning to Dems days after the election. The odds of them winning all these toss up elections was astronomically low. This kind of failure deserves nationwide scrutiny.

I think it's fair that we can't do anything about it after the fact... especially if nothing has been proven. My complaint is that the sentiment that there is the appearance of fraud should not only be acceptable, but it should also be mainstream. Instead, the talking heads and prevailing powers say you can't even mention it or you're an election denier. That's just absurd. Even more so, are the people that carry their water for them. WE need to make THEM do our bidding. I just can't get over how short sighted we are as a species.
(11-14-2022, 08:18 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2022, 10:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I would feel cheated if I was her.  It's not hard to make me feel frustrated. I would feel very frustrated.  But just because a person feels a certain way doesn't mean he or she has a point about anything.

Thank you. This should be the national sentiment. It should have been the national sentiment LAST election. However, democrats were too busy calling people election deniers. Why? Most likely because they don't actually want to fix these problems. People need to stop being afraid of being called names. This narrative is ridiculous on its face. 

Personally, I think the democrats are cheating. I spent a good amount of time looking at the numbers last election, and I posted what I thought were OBVIOUS cases of fraud in swing states. This election, I did the same and I couldn't find it. I still believed they cheated, based on the fact that they blew away the polls and republican turnout was HUGE this year except in a few key blue counties, but they did it well if they did it. I was resigned to just accept the results, because if it's that clean, what can you do about it?

Then there is AZ and all the seats that are slowly turning to Dems days after the election. The odds of them winning all these toss up elections was astronomically low. This kind of failure deserves nationwide scrutiny.

I think it's fair that we can't do anything about it after the fact... especially if nothing has been proven. My complaint is that the sentiment that there is the appearance of fraud should not only be acceptable, but it should also be mainstream. Instead, the talking heads and prevailing powers say you can't even mention it or you're an election denier. That's just absurd. Even more so, are the people that carry their water for them. WE need to make THEM do our bidding. I just can't get over how short sighted we are as a species.

"...all the seats that are slowly turning to Dems days after the election."

More Democrats than Republicans are voting by mail.  So as they count the mail in ballots, the Democrats pick up votes.  They have Republican observers in all the vote counting places in AZ.  They're watching everything.  

In 2020, Trump actually discouraged Republicans from voting by mail, and the Democrats encouraged it.  Then, very predictably, as they counted the mail in ballots, and Biden picked up votes, Trump claimed fraud.  It might be the same thing happening this time.  

"Instead, the talking heads and prevailing powers say you can't even mention it or you're an election denier." 

I think what the talking heads are saying is, stop claiming fraud if you can't prove it.  People need to have faith in elections, and if you claim elections are being stolen, without any proof, it just tears the country apart.
Why are we dropping our standards? The standard used to be to avoid even the pretense of corruption. This is why people should recuse themselves even if they feel like they can be fair. It's not because they are liars, but because other people need to know the system is fair. I would not be up in arms about this mess if Democrats simply defied odds. I mean, I don't doubt for a second I would be pointing out the implausibility of that situation, but that's not really the issue I'm addressing now.

Literally everything they do with regards to voting weakens our confidence in the integrity of the voting process. That is their POLICY. Voter ID? Nope. Signatures on ballots? Nope. Illegal immigrants? Sure. Underage voting. Let's do it. Extended voting. Early voting. Mail-in voting. Ballot harvesting. We can't open things up unless we are technologically securing ballots, and we can't do that if we can't make a system with checks and balances with regards to that technology.

Our system needs to be as pure as possible so that people can trust it. I feel like you guys constantly get the cause and effect wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3