Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Props to Trevor for playing much better football the past 2 weeks.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Regardless of how you feel about him, or how I feel about him overall he's shown some grit and progress the past 2 weeks. The loss today hurts, but seeing the QB play solid football at least gives hope for the future.
I agree. He doesn't have to play perfect to show improvement as long as we're seeing signs of getting better and he's showing that for sure the last couple of games.
I so agree, was posting at the same time of your post. Trevor was very good today. Needed O-Line help, which really was never there
(11-13-2022, 05:13 PM)JAGs Nation Wrote: [ -> ]I so agree,  was posting at the same time of your post.  Trevor was very good today.  Needed O-Line help, which really was never there

Yeah they got handled today. But unlike earlier games Trevor made things happen in spite of that, which was very good to see.
I will agree with this. His played has improved tremendously lately!
Trevor is clearly the guy. I know a lot of people don't understand football, so they couldn't see it last year, but he's the guy and the team needs to work hard to find talent to help him dominate.
What I like is that he is now showing some touch on his throws. All don't have to be laser shots, and today, I saw some passes drop into the receivers hands!
(11-13-2022, 05:33 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor is clearly the guy. I know a lot of people don't understand football, so they couldn't see it last year, but he's the guy and the team needs to work hard to find talent to help him dominate.

Yup. It was obvious last year. More obvious this year. He is our franchise QB.
The three deep passes were great throws.

Marvin caught his. Kirk and zay dropped theres
(11-13-2022, 06:20 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]The three deep passes were great throws.

Marvin caught his. Kirk and zay dropped theres
Zay was being held. Should have been PI. Kirk had his on the chest. We still need a legitimate, 6'4+, you can try and stop me but im muscling this damn ball down with me, receiver on the outside.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Yeah this game Trevor played well but the rest of the team just never really came through. That first drop by Kirk was so huge for momentum.
This was his best performance for me today from him. Big game. Big crowd. One of the best teams in football.

He didnt backdown. He kept bouncing back. Just a few missed opportunities today which has been par for the course all season long in these seven losses.

He held his own though. Pressure was on him most of the game. I liked what I saw. I think he's going to be great next year, provided they get him the help he needs.

Makes me sick that this team passed on Wirfs and Jefferson in that draft class for Henderson and Chaisson.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Lawrence 29/40 for 259 and 2

Solid day for #16

Etienne with 11 carries with a 4.1 avg

Kirk 9 for 105 and 2

Jones with 68

Marvin with his usual 33

Oline gave up 5 sacks

Dline got 0 sacks

Cisco with an int

Lloyd with a fumble recovery

Agnew with 91 yards on 3 returns

Patterson 1/3
(11-13-2022, 05:33 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor is clearly the guy. I know a lot of people don't understand football, so they couldn't see it last year, but he's the guy and the team needs to work hard to find talent to help him dominate.

Has nothing to do with knowing football or not. Last year a game like this would have been ten times worse because ontop of the oline playing horribly Lawrence would have had a handful of mistakes aswell. The past two games his individual mistakes were minimal, hes improved. It very easily could have stayed the same but hes clearly working to fix his issues.
(11-13-2022, 06:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence 29/40 for 259 and 2

Solid day for #16

Etienne with 11 carries with a 4.1 avg

Kirk 9 for 105 and 2

Oline gave up 5 sacks

Dline got 0 sacks

Cisco with an int

Lloyd with a fumble recovery

Agnew with 91 yards on 3 returns

Patterson 1/3

Lawrence is 295 and 3 TD if Kirk catches that one that bounces off his chest and Cam doesn't screw up that TD.
We was in a position to win this game 30-27. We left 13 points on the field today. Tough loss man.

I’ll get pummeled for this but, atleast we didn’t get blown out.

Give me a pass rusher like a 2017 Calias Campbell and a CB like a 2017 Bouye. And find a SS.

On offense Ridley ready and find somebody to backup Etienne and give me the Lawrence from the last 2 weeks and we can go to the playoffs next season.
He is improving in front of our eyes. Next year he gets Ridley and probably a couple of new skill players.
He's figured out the corner endzone fade route for sure. The TD last week to Kirk and the second one today
He's playing much better. If he continues to improve and play good the rest of the season, our best chance of success is to build this defense. With ETN, Ridley, Kirk, Zay, and bring back Engram we have a good set of weapons. I'd try to add to the oline a bit but we have to continue to try and add to this D. Number 1 we need to get rid of Caldwell.
(11-14-2022, 09:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]He's playing much better.  If he continues to improve and play good the rest of the season, our best chance of success is to build this defense. With ETN, Ridley, Kirk, Zay, and bring back Engram we have a good set of weapons.  I'd try to add to the oline a bit but we have to continue to try and add to this D.  Number 1 we need to get rid of Caldwell.
Not enough.

This is also assuming Ridley comes back as the same player and that's definitely not a guarantee. If Ridley doesn't come back as the same guy, then what? People will be screaming the FO should have added another WR. Zay is just a guy. I definitely want to bring back Engram but I also want to add another WR in the draft as well as a TE in round 3 or 4. Imagine an offense of Ridley, Johnson, Kirk, Zay as WR4, Engram and ETN. Those are playmakers that make the defense actually worry.

They spent almost their entire draft in 2022 on defense and now you wanna run it back again?
Pages: 1 2 3 4