Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFF Defensive grades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few takes,

Cisco played the best game of his career.  He gave me some flashes of Donovan Darius laying some wood on receivers. God I miss that kind of football.  Picked off Mahomes while being an enforcer. I loved that version of Cisco!

Travon Walker once again was our best pass rusher. He only has one move and that is the bull rush. It is effective and he does push the pocket. I believe once he gets more moves he will be a consistent pass Rusher.

Tyson Campbell has been a real Gem since drafted. Another solid performace.

Josh Allen is not the guy we need to build this defense around.  I honestly would move him for a 3rd round pick right now. He has time to turn his career around but right now we cannot give him a big time contract.

Look at the pass rush win percentage here. Walker leads the team while Smoot is number 2 in the game

[Image: 9AQrjY8.png]

[Image: ec5amv20fxz91.png]
Agreed on Cisco. We all knew about his ball skills but like you said, he looked like DD out there laying people out and all clean hits too. If he continues to improve and play like that he will set the tone for this D with his physicality. We have needed a guy like that on this D and it was a blast to watch
Cisco just took that step to being the safety we drafted him to be. A good NFL safety will get fined multiple times throughout the season.

He had his best game as a pro against the best QB in all of football, and he picked him off while sending 1 player to the locker room for an early shower. Came back the next couple of plays and layed out another receiver.

Seems like Cisco got fed up with guys running across the middle without any consequences. I’m proud of the ol boy! He needs to hit like that in every game from here on out.

Like Bad Boys II , Now that’s how you drive, from now on, that’s how you drive.

I’d give the bag to Smoot instead of Allen. And then I would put him as our starting DT and let him eat.

Montaric Brown, bro…what are you even doing?
Josh Allen is a bust. Can't believe we extended him.
I would love to see Walker implement some more stepping into his game

Prehaps he should play flag football, I've never played it but I think it's similar to a game we have in aus called Oz-Tag which is rugby but instead of tackling they utilise the tags which u have to rip-off

That game requires alot or fancy stepping and spinning to evade defenders
(11-14-2022, 08:17 PM)Preach Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Allen is a bust. Can't believe we extended him.

We didn't extend him
(11-14-2022, 08:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2022, 08:17 PM)Preach Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Allen is a bust. Can't believe we extended him.

We didn't extend him

We did pick up his 5th year option.
(11-14-2022, 08:39 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2022, 08:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]We didn't extend him

We did pick up his 5th year option.

Yes, that's not a contract extension
Sad that only cisco was above 90. Campbell want really targeted so he should be a 90 as well. Im disappointed in the DL. I know we don't have a calius Campbell but we can be even get sacks. Even the worst teams get sacks. Were middle of pack. But our DL plays like the worst
(11-14-2022, 08:41 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]Sad that only cisco was above 90. Campbell want really targeted so he should be a 90 as well. Im disappointed in the DL. I know we don't have a calius Campbell but we can be even get sacks. Even the worst teams get sacks. Were middle of  pack. But our DL plays like the worst

I still miss Calais.
(11-14-2022, 11:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...9751672838
Bizzaro Ngakoue.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 5af1d7d9c6f2922240b9ee4508c7d7d7.jpg]
(11-15-2022, 12:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2022, 11:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...9751672838
Bizzaro Ngakoue.

It's hilarious.

So many people in this fan base wanted to run off Yannick because he wasn't elite against the run. Now they want to run off Allen because he isn't an elite pass rusher.

So many didn't care about Yan's ability to rush the passer because he wasn't a run stopper. Now so many want to ignore the things Allen does because he isn't getting sacks. LOLOLOLOL.

The fans of this team love trying to run off young talent and then they're the first to complain because there's no talent.
(11-15-2022, 01:13 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 12:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Bizzaro Ngakoue.

It's hilarious.

So many people in this fan base wanted to run off Yannick because he wasn't elite against the run. Now they want to run off Allen because he isn't an elite pass rusher.

So many didn't care about Yan's ability to rush the passer because he wasn't a run stopper. Now so many want to ignore the things Allen does because he isn't getting sacks. LOLOLOLOL.

The fans of this team love trying to run off young talent and then they're the first to complain because there's no talent.

Allen possibly could net a decent draft selection because of where he was drafted and because of the fact that he's still young. I don't think it'd be worth just throwing him away for nothing but if I was offered decent compensation i'd run with it because I highly doubt he's here after next year barring an insane 2023 season because we know he wants to be paid.
(11-15-2022, 01:13 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 12:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Bizzaro Ngakoue.

It's hilarious.

No arguments from me there. I just find the whole situation hilarious and had to point out the duality of it all. You can't have both. It's rare you will find one player that encompasses the total package. When you do find those freaks of nature? They tend to physically exhaust themselves and have shorter careers. JJ Watt probably being the most recent player I can think of in this category. You could probably put his brother TJ in that category as well.

Again, I am fine with keeping Josh Allen, provided, he and his agent seek a fair deal based on what's been displayed on the football field. Whether we like it or not. Whether they like it or not. Premium salaries are handed out to premium pass rushers at his position. Not run defenders. He's a perfectly good football player for this team and this division though. 

I honestly don't want to trade him unless it gets to that Ngakoue level of conversation with the price tag. I wanted Cam Robinson retained because he was a 2nd RD pick (caught [BLEEP] for it). I still want Jawaan Taylor retained because he was also a 2nd RD pick. I am honestly tired of seeing this team run off good enough talent only to turn right back around and try to backfill it with players that couldn't get it done. Henderson and Chaisson being recent examples. 

Taking players like Henderson and Chaisson cost you players like Tristan Wirfs and Justin Jefferson. That's the problem with this team. The tunnel vision in the front office. The short sightedness of not keeping up with the NFL trend of going heavier offensively. The inability to properly protect and add firepower around your signal caller. 

Bortles ran for his life half the time he played here. Foles didn't even make it one half before his career was over in Jacksonville basically due to his collarbone getting crushed. Minshew was tough as nails but was also running for his life. All of these issues should have been addressed long before trying to fix their issues they had in house with personnel. 

This team, in classic fashion, is always 15 minutes late to the party and the trends of the NFL. We're archaic as [BLEEP].
(11-14-2022, 08:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Cisco just took that step to being the safety we drafted him to be. A good NFL safety will get fined multiple times throughout the season.

He had his best game as a pro against the best QB in all of football, and he picked him off while sending 1 player to the locker room for an early shower. Came back the next couple of plays and layed out another receiver.

Seems like Cisco got fed up with guys running across the middle without any consequences. I’m proud of the ol boy! He needs to hit like that in every game from here on out.

Like Bad Boys II , Now that’s how you drive, from now on, that’s how you drive.

I’d give the bag to Smoot instead of Allen. And then I would put him as our starting DT and let him eat.

Montaric Brown, bro…what are you even doing?

Yay headhunting!
Surely that won't bite us in the [BLEEP] in the future!

Pro tip, you get a rep for putting people into mannequin poses on the turf and you're gonna start drawing a metric crapton of flags. Good safeties get fined. Better safeties make the play without risk of fine or flag.

(11-15-2022, 01:13 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's hilarious.

ayuh.

(11-15-2022, 02:41 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Allen possibly could net a decent draft selection because of where he was drafted and because of the fact that he's still young. I don't think it'd be worth just throwing him away for nothing but if I was offered decent compensation i'd run with it because I highly doubt he's here after next year barring an insane 2023 season because we know he wants to be paid.

you got a source on that one?
(11-15-2022, 02:41 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2022, 01:13 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's hilarious.

Allen possibly could net a decent draft selection because of where he was drafted and because of the fact that he's still young. I don't think it'd be worth just throwing him away for nothing but if I was offered decent compensation i'd run with it because I highly doubt he's here after next year barring an insane 2023 season because we know he wants to be paid.

Allen’s current value has nothing to do with where he was drafted. He ain’t worth a 4th round pick as of right this minutes.
Cisco should have been starting last year. And it annoyed me with how he was barely in the game most of the season. He is a steal from the 3rd round. It's showing. He's already grabbed some interceptions with a pick 6 this season.

Josh Allen needs to be on the line more. He is a liability in coverage when presented in the situation. Also, his rookie season? On the DL. He is not a standing rusher. Won't be surprised if they tag him at the most.
I don't know. It's tough for me. Starting to warm up to Jalen Carter again if he's there in RD1. Especially if Josh Allen is due for a big year on the option that was picked up in 2023.

The idea of having Carter - Fatukasi - Hamilton seems ideal. It should enable Walker and Allen to potentially do a little bit more off the edge. It's frustrating that the pressure is high on these two guys but they just can't finish the job.

If it takes a player like Carter to enable that and open the flood gates defensively? So be it.

BUT.... again, even with Ridley potentially being that WR1 next year? They MUST draft a taller target with speed and 50/50 skills on the outside. We [BLEEP] blew it by skipping out on Pickens and Pierce back in April. We're missing that on the edge. So, like Cleatwood, you're going to keep hearing it from me.

You have to land Demus Jr. out of Maryland. If it's ONE receiver I have to have from that class right now? It's him, would I rather have Johnston? Sure. But you're not getting him unless you take him over Carter. So, give me Demus Jr., maybe AT Perry and I'll shut the hell up with the rest of the draft for the most part.

Still think they need to sign Engram back to keep the TE position strong. Farrell will probably get more time next year in that Arnold/Manhertz role. But, again, if there's an option like Kincaid, LaPorta, Washington or Kuntz there? Take one.

Need to get a LG/RG to groom behind Scherff or be in the ready of Bartch is no good. Fully expect Walker Little, for better or worse, to be the starter at RT next year as it feels more likely than not that Taylor hits the market free to go elsewhere.