Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Another win for the 2nd amendment and firearm owners.........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dangerous Use of Serial Numbers Found Unconstitutional

The most dangerous use of a serial number on a firearm is as a registration number. In effect, gun registration is gun confiscation. It was not the intent for which serial numbers were made. They were created to track firearms with production changes and as a way for government arsenals to track the production and military use of weapons.

A federal court recently held a law passed in 1990, which makes possessing a firearm with a removed serial (registration) number illegal, is unconstitutional.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/11/dangero...z7kaddKmJd
Nice.
I'm not sure I understand how guns with serial numbers make crimes easier to solve. Has it ever happened, where the cops said, "we wouldn't have been able to prove this one, but the serial number on the gun clinched it!'
I think democrats should have serial numbers.
(11-14-2022, 06:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure I understand how guns with serial numbers make crimes easier to solve. Has it ever happened, where the cops said, "we wouldn't have been able to prove this one, but the serial number on the gun clinched it!'
You know who's gun it is and can therefore know where to start. It's not that it solves it as it's probably stolen but it makes it easier and also can also bring more problems on the gun owner who most likely did nothing wrong.

A license plate on a car makes it easier for the cops to find you but that doesn't mean you were driving or that it wasn't stolen.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(11-14-2022, 07:00 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think democrats should have serial numbers.

Little blue jack [BLEEP] they have to wear on their shirts at all times
(11-14-2022, 07:52 PM)I’m flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2022, 07:00 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think democrats should have serial numbers.

I agree, yet, they usually tell on themselves anyways.
Would be nice to put an actual number to them.  To really single their [BLEEP] out when need be.
(11-14-2022, 07:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

I would prefer to use training collars.