Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The New Beginning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As we hit the bye week, my hope is that we see the beginning of the true future of this franchise in the second half of this year. Trevor has been progressing, Etienne is a star, and overall offense has been clicking. Hopefully we can start to close out these games and finish this season strong. I would take a worse draft pick in exchange for more momentum for this team headed into 2023. Do you guys think we can win 3-4 of the next 7? What would you have to see to have confidence heading into 2023?
Ravens and Cowboys will be tough but they’re at home.

I don’t think that anyone else is that good so it’s certainly possible.
I will say this.

We have improved. Drastically. We are legitimately a competitive team now, and that was all i wanted this year. I still don't think we win any more than 6 games.
Just win. Nothing else matters.
(11-17-2022, 09:07 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]Just win. Nothing else matters.

Yes, the moral victories have lost their luster. Time to get some Ws.

(11-17-2022, 09:07 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]Just win. Nothing else matters.

Yes, the moral victories have lost their luster. Time to get some Ws.
I said I wanted six wins. Sticking with it. They have the tinhorns one more time and the tacks twice. Would like to see them get all three here but I can take them splitting it and going 3 - 3 in the division.

I think they could win in a shootout with the Lions. The Jets I think is tough. See a similar game like we had with the Giants against them.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
(11-17-2022, 08:54 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]I will say this.

We have improved. Drastically. We are legitimately a competitive team now, and that was all i wanted this year. I still don't think we win any more than 6 games.

I agree with this. And there were some other posters that said they would be happy if we are just competitive. This team reminds me of the 1995 team. Competitive in 1995 and then made some moves the following year and went on a roll.

If we can just find a way to get a DE that gives you impactful production with a true WR1, Ridley should be that guy next season.
I expected the team to be playing games in the second half of the season like we saw them play in the first. In my mind we're a bit ahead of schedule and I don't expect a whole lot more with this roster this year. I think they're playing at about the peak of their potential. After the coming offseason though we should be a threat for the playoffs.
It's a new dawn
It's a new day

Its a new lifeee
I'm not too concerned with the record. At this point we are already 3-7. Any win for the rest of this season is a moral victory (thinking long-term). As long as we stay competitive in every game like we have been doing so far this season, I will be content. Next season with Ridley, new draft picks, and Doug's 2nd year growth I think we will be a very solid team.
So many near wins this season. It's been agonizing. A lot of what ifs
For the rest of this season I just want to see consistency from Trevor and continuing to build on his performance against the Chiefs.
If he can do that the offence should be fine.
On defence if Allen can make a strong case for a new contract.
Wins and losses aren't as important since we're out of the playoff picture ,barring real miracles,
Beat the tacks once. That’s true progress
Whatever.
(11-18-2022, 07:13 AM)WYjagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]For the rest of this season I just want to see consistency from Trevor and continuing to build on his performance against the Chiefs.
If he can do that the offence should be fine.
On defence if Allen can make a strong case for a new contract.
Wins and losses aren't as important since we're out of the playoff picture ,barring real miracles,

Same here. I just want to see continued growth. It looks like Trevor is taking that next step. Build on that and I want to see Walker flashing more by season end. Allen is what he is. Even with his production, we have him cheaper than market value next year so just roll with it and see what he does. He's still better than most guys you'd be able to replace him with for that dollar amount.

(11-18-2022, 08:24 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Beat the tacks once. That’s true progress

Good god, please.
(11-18-2022, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever.

[Image: gladiator-russell-crowe.gif]

By the 1 score losses anymore?!? lololol
A loss is a loss. That said, I agree I see some growth from the offense. I'm not convinced about the defense and since they've been garbage for several years I think it's just as much on the players as on the coaches.

Don't forget we've missed on several first rounders on the D. If Bryan, Chaisson and to some extent Allen had been what their draft position required we'd be in better shape.
NFL is watered down and weak. Parity is at an all time high because it is a league of individual play. Why not our mediocre maybe rising team?
I think every single game on our schedule is winnable. The Chiefs was a winnable game. We beat the Bills last year. We can hang with the big boys. We just can't close. I want to see them close for the rest of the year.

I said 7 wins before the year. I think we'll hit that but it won't surprise me if we get more.
Every game is winnable for this team. They're not getting owned or destroyed. They just have to tighten up their assignments in critical situations. You never want to turn the football over, but, you especially never want to turn it over when you're within striking distance. Defensively they just need to convert a few of these pressures into sacks and figure out the backend with the zone coverages.

I think they can split the series with the tacks. I think they'll get their revenge in Houston against the tinhorns. That's my six wins there for the year. I will be happy. Anything after that? I'll take it. That's just a bonus. Win in a shootout with the Lions. Upset the Jets. Make it a close game with the Ravens. Fine by me. I just don't see them losing severely anymore.

Pretty impressive with this coaching staff. Had they hired Pederson last year we're probably looking at a divisional winning team or in the play off hunt at the moment. Good football is just around the corner.
Pages: 1 2 3