Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Do-Gooder Movement that Shielded Sam Bankman-Fried
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This will feed right into Lucky2Last's paranoia.  But I have to post it anyway, because it's so interesting.  

I hope you don't hit a paywall when you click on this link.  I didn't, even though I no longer subscribe to the Washington Post.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolog...tx-crypto/

"During Bankman-Fried’s ascent, media portrayals invariably noted that the crypto wunderkind drove a Toyota Corolla and planned to give his billions away, even as he courted celebrities and Washington power brokers. Indeed, his proximity to EA’s brand of self-sacrificing overthinkers often helped deflect the kind of scrutiny that might otherwise greet an executive who got rich quick in an unregulated offshore industry."
It's not paranoia when it's what's actually happening.
(11-18-2022, 01:23 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]It's not paranoia when it's what's actually happening.

Nothing to see here, move along.
Millions huckstered into investing in a non-standard currency that now went bust. LOL. Same people who invested in the Game Stop fiascos and Ponzi schemes. Fools and thier money....are always parted.
Is that the guy who worked 4 pfizer?
I was getting new tires for my truck today and in the lobby was a copy of Fortune Magazine from September I believe touting him as the next Warren Buffett. That certainly didn’t age well.
(11-18-2022, 04:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Millions huckstered into investing in a non-standard currency that now went bust.  LOL.  Same people who invested in the Game Stop fiascos and Ponzi schemes.  Fools and thier money....are always parted.

I made about 12k on Gamestop.
Anyone else remember Buffets interview from a few years ago?

That interview saved my bankroll.. I did invest a little in crypto, like a few hundred, but that was it for crypto.
(11-18-2022, 08:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else remember Buffets interview from a few years ago?

That interview saved my bankroll.. I did invest a little in crypto, like a few hundred, but that was it for crypto.

It's interesting, because not only did he basically denounce crypto since it doesn't really produce any value, but he actually specifically calls out "charlatans" who will start exchanges with bad intentions of stealing money from people.  Talk about being spot on.
(11-18-2022, 09:16 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2022, 08:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else remember Buffets interview from a few years ago?

It's interesting, because not only did he basically denounce crypto since it doesn't really produce any value, but he actually specifically calls out "charlatans" who will start exchanges with bad intentions of stealing money from people.  Talk about being spot on.

Yes.. He.. Was.. 100%
(11-18-2022, 08:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2022, 04:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Millions huckstered into investing in a non-standard currency that now went bust.  LOL.  Same people who invested in the Game Stop fiascos and Ponzi schemes.  Fools and thier money....are always parted.

It's all about buying on a day when everyone wants out,  and selling on a day when everyone wants in
Yup. That's all it is. That's why we're all rich.
(11-18-2022, 10:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Yup. That's all it is. That's why we're all rich.

That is all there is to it, but few are able to do it.
(11-18-2022, 08:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

Good for you. My statement should have been 'fools left holding the empty bag at the bottom out'.
(11-18-2022, 04:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Millions huckstered into investing in a non-standard currency that now went bust. LOL. Same people who invested in the Game Stop fiascos and Ponzi schemes. Fools and thier money....are always parted.
(11-19-2022, 12:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2022, 08:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I made about 12k on Gamestop.

Good for you. My statement should have been 'fools left holding the empty bag at the bottom out'.
Long-term it's a good stock to hold. Look what they are doing with NFTs and while I hate them, they make lots of money. Their stores are also getting profitable soon, so it's going to go back up.

Will it ever take off like some people say, doubtful as the stock is manipulated like crazy but if they continue to buy and DRS it then it will have to go up. The market can only hide the cheating and fake shares for so long and if you have real people who are holding shares then the volume will become 0 at some point.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

You need to go outside the MSM for the story. This really has the potential to take most of DC down. From the money laundering side, a bunch of illegal funding and business being done, and even trying to pay off congress to look the other way.

The uniparty is in trouble if anyone in the government actually does their job.

This even kills Ukraine now.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(11-19-2022, 08:01 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2022, 10:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Yup. That's all it is. That's why we're all rich.

That is all there is to it, but few are able to do it.

Are you able to do it?
(11-20-2022, 10:08 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2022, 08:01 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]That is all there is to it, but few are able to do it.

Are you able to do it?

I've had my moments.  But I would not be able to earn a living that way.
Frequent stock trading is a bit like sports betting.  With sports betting all you need is better information than most of the other bettors.  People bet based on unreasonable expectations.  It's hard to lose money betting against the Packers early.  Lots of binge drinkers in Wisconsin driving those lines up early each season.  If you think you're more informed or less of a homer than the average bettor, lots of opportunities. 
But with stock trading it is much, much harder to have better information than the people who have a lot of money.  And even if you do, they get the new information faster than you, and their trading servers react on the microsecond while you're hours behind, most likely.
So, what you're saying is that there's more to it.
Hey if you have like $30k laying around, go get you a Bloomberg terminal.
The info coming out from the independent journalists and conspiracy side is showing FTX was funding everything for the democrats and RINOs.

I hope it all turns out to be true and someone actually takes all of DC down.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2