Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ratbirds Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Didn’t see a thread on this. 

Ravens to me are less intimidating than the Chiefs but still a great team. 

Still don’t think we’re quite there yet. Ravens by 6.
Looking for another competitive gamr
Key things I would like to see

-Trevor to continue his recent run of awesome form
- The O-Line to do a decent job for once
-Improvements In the pass rushing department from Llyoyd, Allen & Walker
-Patterson to nail all his kicks

Oh and a fair share of love from the reefing department would be nice as well
The next 3 weeks are going to determine if the Jags have any shot left at the division. The Titans have back to back tough games against Cinci and Philly. If we can find a way to beat the Ravens and Lions we could go into Tenn with a 5-7 record with the [BLEEP] at 7-5. Win that game and its only a half game between us and the tacks. Hopefully Doug has the boys ready off the bye and we come out hot, this is the time to heat up as the division could get spicy if Tennessee goes 0-2 leading to our game with them.

Titan's/Jags remaining games
CIN BAL
PHI DET
JAX 2x TEN 2x
LAC DAL
DAL NYJ
HOU HOU

We dont know how Doug will do vs the Titians, 100% unknown but outside of those 2 games, The titans have 1 sure win in the Texans, that is a brutally tough schedule for the Titans. For us, the only ones outside of TEN that is a sure 100% loss is likely the Cowboys game... Everything else IMO is winnable, even this week vs BAL.
I hate the fact that they had an awful offensive performance against the Panthers.

Now it feels like they’re due.
(11-21-2022, 11:22 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t see a thread on this. 

They still carry the stink of Art Modell on them.

When was the last time you met someone who admitted to being a fan of the ratbirds? I don't think they even exist. For a team that's had as much success as they have, to end up with zero bandwagoners? Just a disgusting franchise.

The Jeff Fisher 7-9 [BLEEP] isn't good enough for them. I want them to spend eternity making wildcards, and exiting immediately. False hope is worse than no hope.

Unfortunately, we won't have enough to stop them this week.
(11-22-2022, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

When was the last time you met someone who admitted to being a fan of the ratbirds? I don't think they even exist. For a team that's had as much success as they have, to end up with zero bandwagoners? Just a disgusting franchise.

The Jeff Fisher 7-9 [BLEEP] isn't good enough for them. I want them to spend eternity making wildcards, and exiting immediately. False hope is worse than no hope.

This morning lol

I live in Maryland though and they're everywhere. Way more Ravens fans than Commanders fans for sure.
(11-22-2022, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL, your Raven's hate rivals my Tacks hate.

I like John Harbaugh tho; a really good guy and a SB winning coach. Sort of their version of Doug P, except more defensive minded.
(11-22-2022, 09:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2022, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]They still carry the stink of Art Modell on them.

This morning lol

I live in Maryland though and they're everywhere. Way more Ravens fans than Commanders fans for sure.

This, most football fans I know are Ravens fans.
Need to limit Lamars touches. Gotta hope for a turnover or two to have a chance. Statistically they've given up passing yards but they have two very highly graded corners, so might have to work the middle of the field and use the run game a lot.
(11-22-2022, 09:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2022, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]They still carry the stink of Art Modell on them.

This morning lol

Good gravy, when choosing fandom is like choosing between a colonoscopy and a kick in the groin
(11-22-2022, 12:26 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2022, 09:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]This morning lol

Good gravy, when choosing fandom is like choosing between a colonoscopy and a kick in the groin
Once Snyder sells the team, all the Commanders fans will come back out. I know numerous people who refused to give Dan a dime.
Baltimore have been a weird team this year, have had absolute collapses and good wins then performances like last week and you can't tell if they are an OK team, a good team or a great team. 

We need to try and contain Jackson and try and take away Andrews for him. 

The Baltimore D is where I'm worried. Be another great test for Lawrence against a D with good players at all 3 levels

And it will be great to see the Mayor of Sacksonville return.
(11-22-2022, 12:05 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Need to limit Lamars touches. Gotta hope for a turnover or two to have a chance. Statistically they've given up passing yards but they have two very highly graded corners, so might have to work the middle of the field and use the run game a lot.

Lamar running for over 100 on us seems like a guaranteed lock. Hell, Danny Jones went for over 100, so Lamar will probably go for 200.  Laughing
Ratbirds by 1 score.
I don't get it. Why are Ravens considered Ratbirds? I would think that would be crows, pigeons, or seagulls?
(11-22-2022, 09:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2022, 12:05 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Need to limit Lamars touches. Gotta hope for a turnover or two to have a chance. Statistically they've given up passing yards but they have two very highly graded corners, so might have to work the middle of the field and use the run game a lot.

Lamar running for over 100 on us seems like a guaranteed lock. Hell, Danny Jones went for over 100, so Lamar will probably go for 200.  Laughing

He may set the NFL Qb rushing record.
(11-22-2022, 08:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Baltimore have been a weird team this year, have had absolute collapses and good wins then performances like last week and you can't tell if they are an OK team, a good team or a great team. 

We need to try and contain Jackson and try and take away Andrews for him. 

Yup, Baltimore is tough to figure this year. They have been inconsistent to be sure. At times, they have looked great but then collapse.  Other times, not so great. Their last 2 games against the Panthers and Browns they have not looked very good, winning them close pretty late. 

Ravens have won some close ones this year (which is what the NFL is about and good teams can do), but I'm not convinced they are very good.

That said, they are due and so is Andrews for a big game after his injury and slow return last week. Can the Jags defend a top TE yet?  We'll see.

Ravens defense is getting better with the recent addition of R. Smith and JPP starting to increase his level of play. They are still suspect against the pass. 
Jags need to get a couple scores early on them and try to force Jackson to be in passing situations most of the game (assuming Jags are covering Andrews well). 

I hate the Ravens. Go Jags, you can do this!
Color guy James Lofton, aka snowwolf, prepare yourself for his acute nfl acumen.
When is Shaq Griffin coming back
(11-23-2022, 12:03 PM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]When is Shaq Griffin coming back
Never

His last game as a Jags was when he got torched.
Pages: 1 2