Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Does Dave Caldwell deserve a second opportunity to hire a coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Outside of the 2013 draft, it's hard to argue with the infusion of talent he's brought to the team. Media often speak of these two as being "tied to the hip," but personally, I think Caldwell should have an opportunity to hire another coach should Bradley be fired at the end of this season. Thoughts?

100% yes
Definitely yes.
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
Why wouldn't he?
Not tied at the hip.  No clue why people continue writing that false assumption. 
Yes. Even If firing bradley is what you think you think this team needs then so be it, i can understand that sentiment. But letting go of the GM and going through another entire FO change after 4 years is stupid. not to mention the talent he was left with compared to the talent he has brought in, at least IMO, is an undeniable improvement. i cant see another GM doing much better than he has with the hand he was left with after Jeans smiff destroyed this franchise.

Of course, Caldwell's an excellent GM. The jury's still out on Bradley. If he (Bradley) fails this year, I'll chalk it up to Caldwell buying into the sales pitch of a young, high-energy coach. He'll learn from this experience and make a better decision the second time around.
Caldwell was a highly sought after rookie GM. Even if he whiffed on Bradley, he's been a monster on draft day. Zane Beadles aside, he's done well in FA too. Let Caldwell go and see how many teams fall over themselves trying to sign him. No offense, but the thread title is a silly question.
Dave is a gem. A bona fida gem
Quote:Not tied at the hip. No clue why people continue writing that false assumption.
Exactly.

Caldwell has proven himself repeatedly over the past four years. If Bradley continues to struggle, it will be Caldwell who will decide on his replacement. His seat isn't even remotely warm. Meanwhile, Gus may not survive the season if the team struggles early on. Too much has been invested to finish the build this year.
Quote:Of course, Caldwell's an excellent GM. The jury's still out on Bradley. If he (Bradley) fails this year, I'll chalk it up to Caldwell buying into the sales pitch of a young, high-energy coach. He'll learn from this experience and make a better decision the second time around.

Not to mention it took him a while to figure out GM and all his probably biggest mistakes (in hindsight) happened in that first year - his first draft, letting D. Smith leave, and letting Bradley hire his now-fired initial coordinators.

If you take that entire first year as learning on the job, everything else has been very good.
Is this a joke? 

Um...yes....
Lol, 1 vote for no. Brooklyn!!!
Quote:Lol, 1 vote for no. Brooklyn!!!

Already said Yes troublemaker.
Quote:Already said Yes troublemaker.

Lol sorry. It was just a guess/picking on you. Thanks for being a good sport about it.
Absolutely.
You know your question is bad when even bklyn says 100% yes
Caldwell is about as safe as safe can possibly be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5