Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We really might have backdoored our way into something special, huh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you consider the incredibly unlikely circumstances it took for us to get the 1st pick to land Trevor in the first place, and then the absolute clownshow of a coach hiring process that somehow, someway, one month and 6 (7?) hired coaches after it began, landed us with a guy in Pederson that has a legitimate career pedigree and a SB win on the resume to boot...

I'm so hesitant to let my guard down as a battered and beaten Jags fan, but I'm excited in a way that even 2017 didn't manage because I knew deep down the unsustainability of that success given the offensive limitations.
Pederson and Trevor are the real deal.

You can relax, and it doesn't matter how we got here.
Future looks bright. Lawrence has played some really damn good football this year already and that was just his 28th start. They have to keep building around him. Quality lineman, secondary killing receivers and tight ends, etc.

He looks the part. He's now playing the part. Just keep building around this kid and there's no telling how far this team can go. I think we finally got it right this time. Thank [BLEEP] God.
Shameless self bump, because I think the recent news about Leftwich really drives home the craziness that (according to the rumors ofc) Khan's refusal to give in to his demands to fire Baalke might be the only reason we even got Dougie P in the first damn place. Sometimes things just happen for a reason...
Crazy thing is that Trevor is only 23 years old. He is still a lot younger than most of the SEC QBs.
I hope we keep Trevor around for a long time. He can bring the spotlight to Jacksonville.
(01-17-2023, 11:22 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]I hope we keep Trevor around for a long time. He can bring the spotlight to Jacksonville.

Come contract time…

Shad Khan to his personal assistant: “Bring me the Special Checkbook.”

PA: (gasp) “Sir…”

Khan: “Immediately!”

PA walks to hidden vault. Upon opening he is bathed in bright golden light…
(01-17-2023, 11:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2023, 11:22 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]I hope we keep Trevor around for a long time. He can bring the spotlight to Jacksonville.

Come contract time…

Shad Khan to his personal assistant: “Bring me the Special Checkbook.”

PA: (gasp) “Sir…”

Khan: “Immediately!”

PA walks to hidden vault. Upon opening he is bathed in bright golden light…

Shad should follow Jalen's example and show up at practice in a Brinx truck, get out and toss The Man the keys.
I’m glad Trevor decided to enter the NFL draft a year early. This was supposed to be his rookie year.
(01-17-2023, 04:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m glad Trevor decided to enter the NFL draft  a year early. This was supposed to be his rookie year.

In many aspects, it is.
(01-17-2023, 05:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2023, 04:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m glad Trevor decided to enter the NFL draft  a year early. This was supposed to be his rookie year.

In many aspects, it is.

And we had the first pick again anyway, so...
We actually did luck out too with the Leftwich hiring then not hiring. I’ll admit I was excited to welcome him home but this year showed me why my friends who are Bucs fans incessantly complained about him
I’d be cautious about backdooring things without the right precautions and protection in place.  Last time I did, it was 1991.  I was in the navy and we had shore leave in Singapore. I thought I picked up a nice lady and she requested certain things.  After such, I tried the conventional approach.  But things just didn’t match up.  I’ve been itching and scratching ever since.

Id just would stick with/be happy with DP (no pun intended) and TL.  Let’s just ride that ride for as long as it takes us.
(01-17-2023, 10:54 AM)CaddyUTV Wrote: [ -> ]Shameless self bump, because I think the recent news about Leftwich really drives home the craziness that (according to the rumors ofc) Khan's refusal to give in to his demands to fire Baalke might be the only reason we even got Dougie P in the first damn place. Sometimes things just happen for a reason...

I remember reading all the people around here wanting Leftwich.  I know it would be a mistake to give leftwich the keys.  This team needed an experienced winner. They got one with Pederson.
I've said over and over again that, while 2017 was a fun year to be a Jags fan, that team was not built to be sustained. It was always win it in 2017, or it will implode. They had a locker room full of players that were looking out for themselves more than anything. That year fundamentally changed the organizations focus to high character player who happen to also be very talented. The end result is starting to come into focus, but it's being ushered in with a franchise QB and high quality coach (neither of which were here in 2017....). The key players are team first, city and fan-centric players that, above all else, want to win, even if it means they aren't the center of attention at times. Because of this, the future finally looks bright in Jax.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk