Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Annual loss to the tacks week - Part 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Any doubt that Henry eats the defense alive? I also may start tannehill in fantasy. 

tacks 35, Jags 21
Yulee High School Hornets Represent!!!! https://www.nassau.k12.fl.us/Domain/12
I literally LOL'd at this title thread. Thanks for that.
(12-06-2022, 11:37 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Any doubt that Henry eats the defense alive? I also may start tannehill in fantasy. 

tacks 35, Jags 21

Something is wrong with Henry.  He only has 208 yards in the past 4 games on 78 carries for 2.7 yards per carry.

That said, this should be his Get Healthy On Stats game.
I thought our defense was allowed to stop the run this year? Shouldn't we hold Henry to a respectable number? Tannehill OTH... Oof! He's likely to look more like Brady or Montana than Tannehill.
Haha yeah I don’t see a win here
I think when a defense gets absolutely embarrassed like this D did last week, they come back and play better the next game.

I think the D plays better but I am not sure if that will lead to a win. The tacks OLine is no where near as good as the Lions.
(12-06-2022, 12:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I think when a defense gets absolutely embarrassed like this D did last week,  they come back and play better the next game.

I think the D plays better but I am not sure if that will lead to a  win. The tacks OLine is no where near as good as the Lions.

Tanny was sacked six times last week. 

Watch us get zero
They just fired their General Manager today. Jon Robinson. They're going to be motivated coaching staff wise in this one. Vrabel has been a pretty steady, decent football coach but he's also been barely hanging on here and there. Much like Frank Reich was with the clots before he was canned.

Man, this is an opportunity for Pederson and this whole franchise to start changing the trend and shifting the tide in our favor. You have to beat them on the road. Make a bounce back statement. You built this defense for the division to stop the run. So, stop it. Lawrence just needs to keep doing what he's doing and the guys around him need to hold onto the damn football.

I think we bounce back this Sunday. Jaguars 27, tacks 23.
I am a realists,and i have put the jags play,and team down at times,im still a die hard jags fan. Here is why  I wouldn't ever not ever take a player from the tittians.  I don't care if the player is a superstar,im still not takeing a tittian player in Fansty football.  tittians are long time enemy,and rivals,colts came over from  dolphins division. Texans were added ,tittians were in division when we were in same division as Steelers if i recall corecttly.
(12-06-2022, 01:31 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]I am a realists,and i have put the jags play,and team down at times,im still a die hard jags fan. Here is why  I wouldn't ever not ever take a player from the tittians.  I don't care if the player is a superstar,im still not takeing a tittian player in Fansty football.  tittians are long time enemy,and rivals,colts came over from  dolphins division. Texans were added ,tittians were in division when we were in same division as Steelers if i recall corecttly.
Yeah, they were the Houston Oilers back then IIRC
Im tempted to start Tannehill and henry in a FD lineup, I swear everytime I do that the jags D steps up to screw me out of money.
We will likely be picking top 5 again after Sunday
(12-06-2022, 11:37 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Any doubt that Henry eats the defense alive? I also may start tannehill in fantasy. 

tacks 35, Jags 21

I am starting to doubt Henry, I think the years and miles are slowly catching up to him.

On the other side of the coin, though, I fully expect Tannehill to look like an All-Pro.
Their interior DL scares me.

I think our only hope is that they dismissively look beyond us on their schedule and lay an egg, much like the Bills did last season.

(12-06-2022, 12:15 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]I thought our defense was allowed to stop the run this year?  Shouldn't we hold Henry to a respectable number?  Tannehill OTH... Oof!  He's likely to look more like Brady or Montana than Tannehill.

We spent bunches to address the run.
Instead of 200, Henry gets 120.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
(12-06-2022, 01:31 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]I am a realists,and i have put the jags play,and team down at times,im still a die hard jags fan. Here is why  I wouldn't ever not ever take a player from the tittians.  I don't care if the player is a superstar,im still not takeing a tittian player in Fansty football.  tittians are long time enemy,and rivals,colts came over from  dolphins division. Texans were added ,tittians were in division when we were in same division as Steelers if i recall corecttly.

Yes, the Memphis Oilers were part of the AFC Central before we were.
I'm done being optimistic this year, every single time I feel like we have a game we definitely should win, we get beat. So I'm just gonna go with my gut and let it unfold.

Titans 28 Jags 21
OK, get ready for a needle full of Hopium!!!

Derrick Henry's YPG average over the last 4 games:
  •       Dec 4    @Eagles        2.7 yards
  •       Nov 27  vsBengals      2.2 yards
  •       Nov 17  @Packers       3.1 yards
  •       Nov 13  vsBroncos      2.8 yards

I'm not saying anything.  

I'm just sayin'...
(12-07-2022, 01:06 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]OK, get ready for a needle full of Hopium!!!

Derrick Henry's YPG average over the last 4 games:
  •       Dec 4    @Eagles        2.7 yards
  •       Nov 27  vsBengals      2.2 yards
  •       Nov 17  @Packers       3.1 yards
  •       Nov 13  vsBroncos      2.8 yards

I'm not saying anything.  

I'm just sayin'...

Means he's overdue if you're a pessimist. LOL. 

"Jacksonville is the team you play to get right".
Their offense stinks. Their front 4 is what scares me. They have alot of talent there with Simmons, Dupree, Tart and the list goes on.
(12-07-2022, 01:57 PM)MyKids Wrote: [ -> ]Their offense stinks.  Their front 4 is what scares me. They have alot of talent there with Simmons, Dupree, Tart and the list goes on.

I'm not scared of their offense. I'm scared of our defense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4