Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wild stats...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the AFC South, the Jags are the only currently team on a winning streak (ONE game...), and the only team over the past 5 weeks with a winning record (3-2). We're also the only team sitting at ZERO net points (PF: 294, PA: 294). Every other team is negative in net points.

Crazy
Whodathunkit?
(12-12-2022, 06:00 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]In the AFC South, the Jags are the only currently team on a winning streak (ONE game...), and the only team over the past 5 weeks with a winning record (3-2). We're also the only team sitting at ZERO net points (PF: 294, PA: 294). Every other team is negative in net points.

Crazy

@I blame the owner@
Are we.... mediocre????

Shhh... NO. Don't jinx it. We still suck
I believed the whole time. 6 wins was the minimum but I expected this offense to start elevating itself with Pederson and Lawrence. Massive big boy test coming up this Sunday at home with Dallas. If we beat those sons of [BLEEP] we're winning this division. BOOK IT. We're going to win out, run the table like the 1996 team and we'll be the media darling down the stretch and going into next year.

JUST KEEP BUILDING AROUND LAWRENCE. That's all I can say. Just keep adding around him. Get him the best lineman, get him the best receiving threats at ANY position and everything else will fall into place. He's [BLEEP] playing lights out right now. We all know it. We all see it. Consistency is there. Just needs that X receiver, a little more time in the pocket and a steady ground game.

He's living up to the hype now and putting all doubt to rest. He's a completely different QB out there. That confidence is rising out of him with these clutch games and big wins. He's taking accountability. Putting the team on his back. Making the right reads, making the right decisions. He's [BLEEP] awesome.
(12-13-2022, 10:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I believed the whole time. 6 wins was the minimum but I expected this offense to start elevating itself with Pederson and Lawrence. Massive big boy test coming up this Sunday at home with Dallas. If we beat those sons of [BLEEP] we're winning this division. BOOK IT. We're going to win out, run the table like the 1996 team and we'll be the media darling down the stretch and going into next year.

JUST KEEP BUILDING AROUND LAWRENCE. That's all I can say. Just keep adding around him. Get him the best lineman, get him the best receiving threats at ANY position and everything else will fall into place. He's [BLEEP] playing lights out right now. We all know it. We all see it. Consistency is there. Just needs that X receiver, a little more time in the pocket and a steady ground game.

He's living up to the hype now and putting all doubt to rest. He's a completely different QB out there. That confidence is rising out of him with these clutch games and big wins. He's taking accountability. Putting the team on his back. Making the right reads, making the right decisions. He's [BLEEP] awesome.

I REALLY want to see the offense of Trevor slinging it to Ridley/Kirk/Zay with Engram at TE and Etienne at RB. Solid line play from Cam/Shatley/Fortner/Scherff/Taylor (or Little). If Ridley is HALF the player we think he is, that will be a HIGH POWERED offense.
(12-12-2022, 06:00 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]In the AFC South, the Jags are the only currently team on a winning streak (ONE game...), and the only team over the past 5 weeks with a winning record (3-2). We're also the only team sitting at ZERO net points (PF: 294, PA: 294). Every other team is negative in net points.

Crazy

The division of rejects, leftovers, or whatever you want to call the AFC South.

I think it's time to better regionalize the divisions as I think the younger generation would be more in tuned with establishing local rivalries now that the Baby Boomers are getting too old to attend games.  Probably the most extreme example of this would be that 10 years ago I would have rejected any notion of ever pulling the Cowboys out of the NFC East but I don't think the Cowboys-Redskins game means nearly as much to the younger generation that it did for us back in the day.   Our division would be much better with Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville and likely Carolina in the mix
(12-13-2022, 12:33 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Crazy

I think it's time to better regionalize the divisions as I think the younger generation would be more in tuned with establishing local rivalries now that the Baby Boomers are getting too old to attend games.  Probably the most extreme example of this would be that 10 years ago I would have rejected any notion of ever pulling the Cowboys out of the NFC East but I don't think the Cowboys-Redskins game means nearly as much to the younger generation that it did for us back in the day.   Our division would be much better with Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville and likely Carolina in the mix
Why not Miami/Tampa/Jax/ATL? I could even see a Carolina/Blt/DC/maybe Cincy division....
(12-13-2022, 01:51 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2022, 12:33 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]The division of rejects, leftovers, or whatever you want to call the AFC South.

Why not Miami/Tampa/Jax/ATL? I could even see a Carolina/Blt/DC/maybe Cincy division....

I can see the argument for Dallas not being in the NFCE with the death of the Redskins name and the distance they are from the 3 other division rivals, but the NFCS is pretty well regionalized and they have some fierce rivalries.  Would be a shame to break that up.  I've looked at the NFL city map a few times and some changes make sense, but I don't think you can completely remap the divisions without still winding up with some divisions that don't make sense.
(12-13-2022, 12:21 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2022, 10:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I believed the whole time. 6 wins was the minimum but I expected this offense to start elevating itself with Pederson and Lawrence. Massive big boy test coming up this Sunday at home with Dallas. If we beat those sons of [BLEEP] we're winning this division. BOOK IT. We're going to win out, run the table like the 1996 team and we'll be the media darling down the stretch and going into next year.

I REALLY want to see the offense of Trevor slinging it to Ridley/Kirk/Zay with Engram at TE and Etienne at RB. Solid line play from Cam/Shatley/Fortner/Scherff/Taylor (or Little). If Ridley is HALF the player we think he is, that will be a HIGH POWERED offense.

I'm with you. The way I see it, the offense needs four more pieces in this order:

1&2. Resign Engram and resign Arnold and actually use him or sign another decent pass catching TE. 
3. Draft or sign a starting quality guard to overtake Bartsch or provide depth. Center is set with Fortner/Shatley, Tackle: Little should be able to capably replace Taylor, who will be too expensive/overrated to retain. 
4. Draft a talented WR prospect, either Quentin Johnson to be the 50-50 ball guy or an overlooked gem anywhere in the draft. Ridley, Kirk, and Zay is a strong trio. 

Nice to have but not needs: Another tackle prospect and maybe another RB prospect, although Hasty is stepping up and developing. 

Trevor will be helped most by drafting 75% defense, with edge and corner at the top of the wish list. I don't care that the defense is overpaid and Lloyd and Walker aren't ROY candidates. They're still developing, and Muma was great value. Sunk cost shouldn't be a factor. Just keep drafting and developing until the problem is fixed. 

1. Smoot must be resigned. 
2. Arden Key and Shaq Griffin can walk. 
2. Josh Allen should be traded to some sucker who overpays based on "potential." He's a Dante Fowler clone - strong against the run, but not a pass rushing force.
(12-13-2022, 12:33 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Crazy

....and yet TLH would still get stuck with failcons games every Sunday. Tongue
If they let Engram walk after all these years of not addressing the TE position it will be one of the dumbest moves in Jaguars history.

I am one of those that want to keep adding to Lawrence in any way we can. Engram has earned it. Pay the man.
I think if we keep engram we are set for starters next year with ridley, zay, kirk and Engram.

Keep the core group together
I’d love to resign both Engram and Agnew.
(12-15-2022, 01:24 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote: [ -> ]I’d love to resign both Engram and Agnew.

Agnew is under contract in 2023
(12-15-2022, 05:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2022, 01:24 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote: [ -> ]I’d love to resign both Engram and Agnew.

Agnew is under contract in 2023

I don't see either player resigning, either, they are young and still have many years of football ahead of them.
(12-16-2022, 08:58 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2022, 05:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Agnew is under contract in 2023

I don't see either player resigning, either, they are young and still have many years of football ahead of them.

Hyphen Schmyphen
(12-16-2022, 09:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2022, 08:58 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see either player resigning, either, they are young and still have many years of football ahead of them.

Hyphen Schmyphen

ahem.

Hyphen-schmyphen

Big Grin
(12-13-2022, 02:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2022, 01:51 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Why not Miami/Tampa/Jax/ATL? I could even see a Carolina/Blt/DC/maybe Cincy division....

I can see the argument for Dallas not being in the NFCE with the death of the Redskins name and the distance they are from the 3 other division rivals, but the NFCS is pretty well regionalized and they have some fierce rivalries.  Would be a shame to break that up.  I've looked at the NFL city map a few times and some changes make sense, but I don't think you can completely remap the divisions without still winding up with some divisions that don't make sense.
I'd go
Jets - Pats - Eagles - Giants
Bills - Steelers - Ravens - Commanders
Lions - Packers - Bears - Vikings
Browns - Bengals - Colts - Titans
Panthers - Falcons - Jags - Dolphins
Bucs - Saints - Texans - Cowboys
Chiefs - Broncos - Seahawks - 49ers
Chargers - Raiders - Rams - Cardinals

The only one that doesn't make a ton of sense to me is the chiefs broncos hawks 9ers. But those were the 4 teams left after the closest teams were all put in a division. What I like about this one is each division still has a "classic" rivalry in it. Jets - Pats, Steelers Ravens, Browns Bengals & Colts Titans, the whole NFC North stays intact. Panthers Falcons, Bucs Saints, Chiefs Broncos and Hawks 9ers, Chargers Raiders and Rams Cards.
(12-16-2022, 02:28 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2022, 02:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I can see the argument for Dallas not being in the NFCE with the death of the Redskins name and the distance they are from the 3 other division rivals, but the NFCS is pretty well regionalized and they have some fierce rivalries.  Would be a shame to break that up.  I've looked at the NFL city map a few times and some changes make sense, but I don't think you can completely remap the divisions without still winding up with some divisions that don't make sense.
I'd go
Jets - Pats - Eagles - Giants
Bills - Steelers - Ravens - Commanders
Lions - Packers - Bears - Vikings
Browns - Bengals - Colts - Titans
Panthers - Falcons - Jags - Dolphins
Bucs - Saints - Texans - Cowboys
Chiefs - Broncos - Seahawks - 49ers
Chargers - Raiders - Rams - Cardinals

The only one that doesn't make a ton of sense to me is the chiefs broncos hawks 9ers. But those were the 4 teams left after the closest teams were all put in a division. What I like about this one is each division still has a "classic" rivalry in it. Jets - Pats, Steelers Ravens, Browns Bengals & Colts Titans, the whole NFC North stays intact. Panthers Falcons, Bucs Saints, Chiefs Broncos and Hawks 9ers, Chargers Raiders and Rams Cards.

I like that realignment.  50 years down the road, the AFC/NFC distinction is not nearly as important to maintain.  There would still be the conferences, of course.  But the old passionate antagonism isn't there anymore for the most part.
Pages: 1 2