Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who gets in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If the Jags beat the Cowboys, Jets and Texans but lose to the titans we would be 8-9

If the Titans lose to the Chargers, Texans and Cowboys but beat the Jags they would also be 8-9

Would we make it in because we would've beaten the Chargers, Cowboys and split with the Texans and Titans?

I was wondering if there was a way we could get in no matter what happens in week 18. Obviously we would have to win our next 3.
(12-17-2022, 10:13 PM)All AlsJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]If the Jags beat the Cowboys, Jets and Texans but lose to the titans we would be 8-9

If the Titans lose to the Chargers, Texans and Cowboys but beat the Jags they would also be 8-9

Would we make it in because we would've beaten the Chargers, Cowboys and split with the Texans and Titans?

I was wondering if there was a way we could get in no matter what happens in week 18. Obviously we would have to win our next 3.

All things being equal, I believe point differential is the next tie breaker.  I could be mistaken though.
(12-17-2022, 10:17 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2022, 10:13 PM)All AlsJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]If the Jags beat the Cowboys, Jets and Texans but lose to the titans we would be 8-9

All things being equal, I believe point differential is the next tie breaker.  I could be mistaken though.

I believe it goes:

1. W-L record
2. DIV Record
3. H2H Record
4. Conference Record
5. Points
Titans would go. We'd lose on division tiebreaker. If we go into the final weekend down a game, tied, or up a game it doesn't change the scenario in the season finale against titans. Would be winner goes to playoffs, loser goes home.

Can also play around with outcomes here....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
(12-17-2022, 10:13 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]If the Jags beat the Cowboys, Jets and Texans but lose to the titans we would be 8-9

The Titans would be in.  The first tie breaker is head to head.  In this scenario, they would have split.  The second tie breaker is division record.  Under your scenario, the Jaguars would have 3 division losses.  The Titans would only have 2.  With tied records, the Titans would be division champions.
Titans would make it in with your scenario.