Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tacks fans are not optimistic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Honestly, in my 28 years of despising the Oilers/Titans, I never thought I would see the day where Tacks fans were hoping to NOT make the playoffs so that it would be easier for the owner to fire Vrabel. That being said, most fans in their threads seem to see their Tacks as a car having broken down on the railroad tracks, and the 5:30AM Jags train is speeding down the tracks and unable to stop.  All the Tacks can do is just brace for the inevitable crushing impact.  It's awesome to behold.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/45675...n/page/19/
My understanding is that even if we win the next two games and the Titans lose the next two games, if they then beat us in the final game, they win the division.
(12-19-2022, 03:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]My understanding is that even if we win the next two games and the Titans lose the next two games, if they then beat us in the final game, they win the division.

Not sure how it works, to be honest. If Tacks lose the next 2 and then beat us, they'll finish 8-9 and finish 4-2 in the division. We'll also finish 8-9 and 3-3 in the division, so what you are saying seems to make sense. Blast that Houston/Denver/Colts/Commanders loss!
It's one game at time. Jags need to keep winning. If the titans dont want the playoffs, the jags would love to take their place haha
So the Jaguars can only make the Playoffs by winning vs. Titans in Week 18. If they lose that game, they are not in regardless?

Also if Jags win vs. Jets and Titans lose vs. Texans, Jags Game vs. Texans in week 17 would be irrelevant.
(12-19-2022, 06:01 AM)Holger Wrote: [ -> ]So the Jaguars can only make the Playoffs by winning vs. Titans in Week 18. If they lose that game, they are not in regardless?

Also if Jags win vs. Jets and Titans lose vs. Texans, Jags Game vs. Texans in week 17 would be irrelevant.

Yes.  All roads to the playoffs run through the bank in the last game of the regular season.
(12-19-2022, 06:01 AM)Holger Wrote: [ -> ]So the Jaguars can only make the Playoffs by winning vs. Titans in Week 18. If they lose that game, they are not in regardless?

Yes.  Essentially, we just have to win one of the next 2 games.  Then we have to beat the Titans in the finale.
Just win out and don't worry about it.
Just like in 1996, win and we’re in.
Its simple now. 1 game behind tittians. Don't worry about other teams. Jags need to worry about winning thier games and letting pieces fall were they do.
(12-19-2022, 10:45 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Its simple now. 1 game behind tittians. Don't worry about other teams. Jags need to worry about winning thier games and letting pieces fall were they do.

This is correct, look no further than the next game. Ever.
Worry only about the current game...
The tacks will have the advantage of knowing the result of our Thursday night game going into their game against the tinhorns this weekend. If we lose to the Jets, they can try to render the week 18 game meaningless by playing hard to win and doing the same against the cowgirls the following week. If we win Thursday night, Vrabel might consider taking the approach that their next 2 games probably don't matter so don't game plan too hard, let your big dog Henry rest a bit and use him sparingly or not at all, let Malik get some playing time in, etc. and just get ready for what will essentially be a week 18 playoff game against our Jags.
(12-19-2022, 10:45 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Its simple now. 1 game behind tittians. Don't worry about other teams. Jags need to worry about winning thier games and letting pieces fall were they do.

You better have a belly full of salmon come Thursday at 8pm.

Yeah, that's how I've figured it after piecing everything together as well.  We could end up resting starters against the Texans, but I wouldn't be surprised if the team wants to bury that losing streak to those bastages once and for all.
(12-19-2022, 10:45 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Its simple now. 1 game behind tittians. Don't worry about other teams. Jags need to worr about winning thier games and letting pieces fall were they do.

All is good now wolfie

Or until jags lose to a winless texans again and you go full depression mode again lol

Banana
(12-19-2022, 02:48 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, in my 28 years of despising the Oilers/Titans, I never thought I would see the day where Tacks fans were hoping to NOT make the playoffs so that it would be easier for the owner to fire Vrabel. That being said, most fans in their threads seem to see their Tacks as a car having broken down on the railroad tracks, and the 5:30AM Jags train is speeding down the tracks and unable to stop.  All the Tacks can do is just brace for the inevitable crushing impact.  It's awesome to behold.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/45675...n/page/19/

Firing Vrabel would be patently silly.

Please God let them do it!

It would set them back years.

(12-19-2022, 04:16 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2022, 03:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]My understanding is that even if we win the next two games and the Titans lose the next two games, if they then beat us in the final game, they win the division.

Not sure how it works, to be honest.  If Tacks lose the next 2 and then beat us, they'll finish 8-9 and finish 4-2 in the division.  We'll also finish 8-9 and 3-3 in the division, so what you are saying seems to make sense.  Blast that Houston/Denver/Colts/Commanders loss!

Under this scenario, the tacks would win the tiebreaker with best division record.
(12-19-2022, 07:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes.  Essentially, we just have to win one of the next 2 games.  Then we have to beat the Titans in the finale.

No, that is incorrect.  That would only be true if the Titans lose another game.  If they win the next 2 games, then we have to win all 3 of our games.
We need to be within a game of the Titans by that last game. If we are, then whether we're a game ahead, a game behind, or tied with them, we win the division if we beat them and lose it if they beat us.
Pages: 1 2