Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Funny Article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From Sports Illustrated

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/12/19/jaguar...nfl-season

"Beyond the Eagles, Chiefs, 49ers and Bills, shouldn’t we get one more team that offers an experience that really forces us to contemplate our life choices?
If the Super Bowl isn’t some combination of Josh Allen/Patrick Mahomes/Joe Burrow versus Dak Prescott/Jalen Hurts/Tom Brady, if we can’t order off the big-kids menu where the average dish is more than $100 a plate, why don’t we embrace our Guy Fieri and deep fry the whole season? Why don’t we root for the Jaguars?"

"In Jacksonville, we have one of the best ascending quarterback talents in recent NFL history. Trevor Lawrence is a kind of unhinged Justin Herbert with a more imaginative offensive coordinator. He has a running back in Travis Etienne who, while somewhat disappointing to this point, looks as though he could traverse the length of the field in 3.8 seconds on any given play. We have a handful of young defensive players who can’t pool a decent PFF grade among them but are all athletic enough to randomly palm an errant pass and return the thing for a touchdown."
“Travis Etienne who, while somewhat disappointing to this point”

Who wrote this? Etienne is averaging 5.0 yards a carry and well on his way to a 1,000 yard season.
That is funny. I like the theme, it seems appropriate.
It's 1996 all over again my dudes and dudettes! Let's [BLEEP] gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(12-19-2022, 09:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]It's 1996 all over again my dudes and dudettes! Let's [BLEEP] gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched the Morten kick live. I’ll never forget that feeling.
(12-19-2022, 10:00 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2022, 09:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]It's 1996 all over again my dudes and dudettes! Let's [BLEEP] gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, me too!  That was the best feeling I've ever had in my life.
(12-19-2022, 08:17 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]“Travis Etienne who, while somewhat disappointing to this point”

Who wrote this? Etienne is averaging 5.0 yards a carry and well on his way to a 1,000 yard season.

he's disappeared from games. That is, most would say, disappointing.

He did not disappear yesterday, which yay, good job. There's more to FB than a stat sheet.
(12-19-2022, 08:17 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]“Travis Etienne who, while somewhat disappointing to this point”

More fumbles lost than TDs scored.
That's a great article. It reminds me of a scene in the movie Mystery, Alaska where the locals who play Saturday Games of ice hockey are about to play the NY Rangers and are being described in a similar manner. I love that movie for it's tongue in cheek humor just as I do this article.
(12-19-2022, 10:00 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

I was at that game, sect 125. had my head down, couldn't watch it. I mean it's fricking Morton Anderson, he makes kicks like that in his sleep. Heard the crowd going crazy, I was like "what??? he missed it???!!!"

LOL etn didn't start until like week 7 and is nearly at 1k yards, what they smokin

(12-19-2022, 06:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

More fumbles lost than TDs scored.

Fumbles Lost: 3
Touchdowns Scored: 4

?