Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Some Crow For Breakfast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I try to be consistent in applying my principles, even if it's the source of some humility.  I don't always succeed, and sometimes if I do, the application of those principles don't go as smoothly r as efficiently as I'd like.

So after I excoriated media types for their constant disrespect of the Jaguars from my computer, ny conscience , which I thought I had surgically removed apparently returned and started nagging at me.  If I were going to bash those who bash my Jaguars, I needed to be called on the carpet myself for my misses this past offseason, where I expressed doubt about the prospects for success for Zay Jones and, to a lesser extent, Christian Kirk.  My misgivinggs about Jones stemmed primarily from an ugly off season off field incident that happened when he was with the Bills.  Since then he has had very limited success in his previous NFL stops.  I judged Zay Jones and perhaps on his worst off season incident.  It likely was premature and unfair, based on the success he's had this year.  As for Kirk, I was wrong about him because I was unsure about his prospects for success where he wasn't surrounded with stud WRs like he was in Arizona. 

While I hate that I misjudged and underestimated both here, I'm thrilled to admit I was wrong and extactic to see how successful they have been here, bith on and apparently on field.  Make mine a double helping of crow, because they are helping to make the Jaguars successful!
Thank you for admitting your transgressions. Next up, CJB.
Christian Kirk should keep the yellow shoes. It helps me track him on the field, maybe Trevor too.
We all should admit when we miscalculated. It's a good thing. Much respect.
Zay Jones by a mile for me.

He’s been awesome
Being luke warm on the team and the season, I have huge potential for crow consumption. I will happily be wrong when the team turns it around.
Honestly, I was hopeful they would all work out, knowing that it almost never works out so well in free-agency. Pretty surprising to see it work so well with as many guys like it has - hopefully we can keep them all here beyond this year.

On a side note, isn't it refreshing to have a coach who actually knows who was involved in a given play when asked about it, as opposed to someone who doesn't even know who played in the game?
I will take some crow. I thought this team was done for any post season hope a month ago.
(12-19-2022, 06:16 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Being luke warm on the team and the season, I have huge potential for crow consumption. I will happily be wrong when the team turns it around.

[Image: popeyes-meme-social.png?auto=webp]
(12-19-2022, 06:18 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I will take some crow. I thought this team was done for any post season hope a month ago.

Ah yes, I wrote them off longer ago than that I think...  After the two blowouts over the Chargers and tacks, I allowed myself to believe that maybe something special was brewing.  Then Philly - ok, we turned it over 5 times and were still close in that game - no judgment for this one, but then the Texans game happened.  I decided at that point the team simply wasn't ready yet and haven't really let any of the losses since then bother me all that much at all.  

This season was always about Trevor and his growth in the offense anyway, right?  I was just hopeful at that point that Trevor would turn a corner and solidify himself as a bona fide franchise QB, but he's been the best QB in football the past few weeks, surpassing my hopes and expectations.  Dude has been so unbelievable that he has poised this team for a potentially special run after all!  

Partial thanks to the tacks for firing their GM and falling on their faces over the last few games - keep it up!
(12-19-2022, 06:18 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I will take some crow. I thought this team was done for any post season hope a month ago.

Yep, same here. I also thought they should have kept Matthew Wright instead of signing Patterson
(12-19-2022, 02:34 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for admitting your transgressions. Next up, CJB.

I mean I never said Trevor wont be good and i've all but been on my knees for the guy for the past month. The [BLEEP] yall want  Smile

Back on topic, in terms of this offseason I didn't hate Kirk or Zay Jones but I was one of the few who really wanted to see Allen Robinson return and well.. yeah glad we didn't go that way lol.
We all get one or two takes wrong Bullseye 

I wanted to pay Ngakoue and Ramsey!
(12-19-2022, 09:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]We all get one or two takes wrong Bullseye 

To be fair, if they got paid they probably wouldnt have wanted to leave so I don't think that woulda been a bad move. Imagine Ramsey-Campbell as a duo, Yannick is still getting sacks to this day.. we'd be better off with them than without.
(12-19-2022, 09:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]We all get one or two takes wrong Bullseye 

1.  I get plenty more than a couple of takes wrong.

2.  I still think we could have used their skills on this team.  That said, this team seems to be in a good place right now and is trending in a good direction.
This was from last year, but I didn't like the Tyson Campbell pick.  I'm so glad that I was wrong.  He's been an excellent pick.
(12-19-2022, 09:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

1.  I get plenty more than a couple of takes wrong.

2.  I still think we could have used their skills on this team.  That said, this team seems to be in a good place right now and is trending in a good direction.

I loved Yan but he's done nothing since he left. Thought he was going to be a true elite pass rusher. Ramsey was the most talented player we may ever have had (now it's Lawrence) but the drama was getting OTT and I worry what he could do to a locker room as a Captain or as a Vet around rookies. McVay has done well with him in L.A. but I think that's as they have Donald and even Ramsey knows he's better.

We hurt ourselves for a few years letting some of our better players walk but you look where we are now and from the top down the whole franchise looks in a better place.

(12-19-2022, 09:13 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]

To be fair, if they got paid they probably wouldnt have wanted to leave so I don't think that woulda been a bad move. Imagine Ramsey-Campbell as a duo, Yannick is still getting sacks to this day.. we'd be better off with them than without.

Ramsey would have wanted crazy money and probably would have had a hold out by now for more money. He played well for us but there were questions about his motivation way before the Coughlin/Marrone/Caldwell argument. Spent way too much time in Tennessee for Jags fans liking.

Ramsey was great and is still a very good CB but the off field stuff was always the big negative and I don't think anything would have changed for the better if he was still here.

Could you have imagined him here with Meyer?!
Zay jones was with Raiders after he was with bills. He became Raiders top wr when hennry ruggs got in trouble with the law.
(12-19-2022, 09:31 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]This was from last year, but I didn't like the Tyson Campbell pick.  I'm so glad that I was wrong.  He's been an excellent pick.

When the pick was still made, I didn't really feel ANYTHING about it.  Wasn't that familiar with him...wasn't on my radar.

When he first got action in the preseason and early regular season, he couldn't play the ball well, and in my experience I'd never known a CB who couldn't turn and play the ball well and be successful at the position.

But he wound up developing nicely.

To the degree I didn't like the pick I eat crow.  Now I didn't preclude him from developing...but I was almost ambivalent about the pick when it was first made.
I'll eat some crow for thinking that Shaq griffen was gping to have a pro bowl caliber season. Thank God campbell has been even better than I could have imagined.
Pages: 1 2