Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Report: Cam Robinson likely done for season.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It’s being reported Cam is out the rest of the season with a meniscus injury to his right knee. 

Anyone hear any more detailed info on the severity of the meniscus? Is it a sprain that came so late in the season that a return would not be in time or severe enough that he would have missed 2022 with surgery if it had happened earlier?
That seems to be what is consistently being reported.
Meniscus isn't too bad. I had a left knee tear, and my football career posting on this board is still going.
Time for Little to step up and perform!
NBA players return from meniscus injuries pretty quickly sometime. I’m not a doctor nor do I have any expert knowledge of the injury. However, that is something I’ve noticed following the NBA.
I'm excited to get an extended look at Little in Pederson's offense.

Cam is probably gone after 2023 and Taylor is likely going to a higher bidder, so we need Little to be good.
Depends on the severity. May need clean up or full on surgery. Sounds like the latter, which is usually a 6 week or so deal. May be back for AFC Championship game Big Grin
(12-19-2022, 05:14 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: [ -> ]NBA players return from meniscus injuries pretty quickly sometime. I’m not a doctor nor do I have any expert knowledge of the injury. However, that is something I’ve noticed following the NBA.

He should be back to next season without problem but unlikely in time for the Superbowl.
Well the jags had very good luck (knock on wood) up until this. Sucks though. Cam is a beast.
(12-19-2022, 05:32 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on the severity. May need clean up or full on surgery. Sounds like the latter, which is usually a 6 week or so deal. May be back for AFC Championship game Big Grin

It's 3 months to full recovery for a big man who needs to move laterally.
Sucks to lose any player bit it's a good opportunity for Little
Next man up! Little its your time to shine. I do not think Cam's injury is too serious. I am not a doctor but I did stay at a holiday INN express last night!
The last time Cam went down for the season, the season went with him.

I hope Little knocks it out of the park, but this is terrible news.
I hope Robinson comes back strong. He’s been in those trenches battling with the best DE’s in the league. Losing that experience is going to hurt a little bit.

Little is about to step in and hopefully help this team get to the playoffs. They’re going to send the kitchen sink at him. Little has my full support.
(12-19-2022, 04:47 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Meniscus isn't too bad.  I had a left knee tear, and my football career posting on this board is still going.

Same here. I had a knee scope, fearing my meniscus was torn, but fortunately I just needed some scar tissue removed. My key strokes didn't miss a beat. I credit my rehab team -- my dog, my girlfriend, etc. Couldn't have done it without them.

(12-19-2022, 05:32 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2022, 05:14 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: [ -> ]NBA players return from meniscus injuries pretty quickly sometime. I’m not a doctor nor do I have any expert knowledge of the injury. However, that is something I’ve noticed following the NBA.

He should be back to next season without problem but unlikely in time for the Superbowl.

Little is gonna step up and Trevor is gonna have all day to throw. Book it.
(12-19-2022, 06:18 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]The last time Cam went down for the season, the season went with him.

If I recall correctly we lost both OT in that Pats game in 2018.
(12-19-2022, 06:18 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]The last time Cam went down for the season, the season went with him.

There's a lot of differences between that 2018 season/team and this season/team and I'll start with the big ones.

Doug Marrone and Blake Bortles/Cody Kessler

Doug Pederson and Trevor Lawrence
(12-19-2022, 07:10 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]

If I recall correctly we lost both OT in that Pats game in 2018.

No just Cam after the first 8 plays. Parnell played 13 games that season. Was inactive for week 14 and then put on IR for 15 and 16.

He never played another game in the league after that.
Hate to see anyone get hurt, hope he has a speedy recovery.
Get well soon Cam.