Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: No Surprise...Not a single Jaguar in the Pro Bowl announced.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not even the leading tackler in the NFL, Foye Oluokun, made it in. Nor did an ascending CB in Tyson Campbell. Logan Cooke had no chance due to Townsend in KC.

No surprises in the NFL''s popularity voting system.
(12-22-2022, 08:51 AM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]Not even the leading tackler in the NFL, Foye Oluokun, made it in. Nor did an ascending CB in Tyson Campbell. Logan Cooke had no chance due to Townsend in KC.

You may have a case with Foye.

I'll admit that even before he was in Duval though, I had no idea who he was, and he was leading the league in tackles back then, too.

Once we get to consistently winning and more national broadcasts, I have a feeling the popularity will increase for our players.

I still think in the end a number of guys will get in, there's always players who sit out the exposition. It will be bigger news when our guys are passing on their bids because they're busy prepping for the SB Smile
(12-22-2022, 09:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2022, 08:51 AM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]Not even the leading tackler in the NFL, Foye Oluokun, made it in. Nor did an ascending CB in Tyson Campbell. Logan Cooke had no chance due to Townsend in KC.

You may have a case with Foye.

I'll admit that even before he was in Duval though, I had no idea who he was, and he was leading the league in tackles back then, too.

Once we get to consistently winning and more national broadcasts, I have a feeling the popularity will increase for our players.

I still think in the end a number of guys will get in, there's always players who sit out the exposition. It will be bigger news when our guys are passing on their bids because they're busy prepping for the SB Smile

Nobody is sitting out of a game that is no longer played. FWIW
(12-22-2022, 09:46 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2022, 09:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]You may have a case with Foye.

Nobody is sitting out of a game that is no longer played. FWIW

Well, now instead of one, there are three (flag) games to sit out, pedant.
Pro bowl becoming less and less of a real credential or accolade anyway.

I'm just happy this team has a real coach, a real QB, several capable receivers, a dynamic back and 3 or 4 core pieces on defense.

Pro bowl stuff is gravy and that can wait for a year with a better reg season w/l record.
(12-22-2022, 10:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Pro bowl becoming less and less of a real credential or accolade anyway.

I'm just happy this team has a real coach, a real QB, several capable receivers, a dynamic back and 3 or 4 core pieces on defense.

Pro bowl stuff is gravy and that can wait for a year with a better reg season w/l record.

It apparently still carries some weight when being evaluated for HOF.
(12-22-2022, 10:31 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2022, 10:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Pro bowl becoming less and less of a real credential or accolade anyway.

It apparently still carries some weight when being evaluated for HOF.

That's a shame.
Heard CMC was snubbed. I so don't care about the Pro Bowl anymore, if anything hopefully we can use this as a "chip" on the shoulder and motivation to perform above and beyond the next few weeks
Bros, this is the last year that happens.

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but we're still flying under the radar. Even after the cowboy win, we're not respected as an actual team by the majority of media.

That'll change if we win tonight and make the playoffs. This franchise has been so trod upon for so long, the only way we begin to get recognized is with sustained success. That's just the way it is. And rightfully so.
BFD
I was hoping for Trevor as I want see him in the qb competition ?
I'd rather be in the playoffs than in the pro bowl. One means everything, the other means nothing. Not in the grand scheme of things. Our guys need to be focused on what's happening right now if they want to make it to the postseason. The Pro bowl is a distraction at this point.

Not saying some of our guys don't deserve the recognition but I really don't care about a "game" or accolades that mean nothing when looking at the big picture.
Since the Pro Bowl started, has there ever been a Super Bowl team without a pro-bowler?

Asking, y'know, just in case.
Should happen after the regular season in general, but, as said above, this is the last year this happens.
(12-22-2022, 11:26 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather be in the playoffs than in the pro bowl. One means everything, the other means nothing. Not in the grand scheme of things. Our guys need to be focused on what's happening right now if they want to make it to the postseason. The Pro bowl is a distraction at this point.

Not saying some of our guys don't deserve the recognition but I really don't care about a "game" or accolades that mean nothing when looking at the big picture.

Exactly.

I just think that if we shock the NFL and actually win the division and then win our home game in the playoffs, this discussion regarding pro bowlers will be a non-issue...

And I honestly think that if we make the playoffs, we beat whoever comes to The Bank
Pro bowl. LOL. Can't remember the last time I even watch a snap. I stopped trying when the players did.
Campbell and Foye probably deserved it but who cares. I gave up caring about the probowl crap when it became fan voted.

(12-22-2022, 11:51 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Since the Pro Bowl started, has there ever been a Super Bowl team without a pro-bowler?

Yes, but i'm a time traveler from 2023. Wink
(12-22-2022, 01:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Campbell and Foye probably deserved it but who cares. I gave up caring about the probowl crap when it became fan voted.

(12-22-2022, 11:51 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Since the Pro Bowl started, has there ever been a Super Bowl team without a pro-bowler?

Truth.  It's a popularity contest now.  Getting in on past reputation.  Kyler is in and hes gone for the year.  Lamar and Deebo are in injured. Anyone here think any of those three had Pro Bowl years? And Tyrann Mathieu? LOL please.
(12-22-2022, 01:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2022, 01:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Campbell and Foye probably deserved it but who cares. I gave up caring about the probowl crap when it became fan voted.

Truth.  It's a popularity contest now.  Getting in on past reputation.  Kyler is in and hes gone for the year.  Lamar and Deebo are in injured. Anyone here think any of those three had Pro Bowl years?  And Tyrann Mathieu?  LOL please.

KYLER MURRAY GOT IN THE PRO BOWL? WHAT L0L HES GOT 14 TD 7 INTS

This doesn't completely satisfy the conditions you posed in your question, but oddly enough, the 1992 Cowboys  were the top ranked defense in the league but had no defensive Pro Bowlers, and they won the Super Bowl.
Pages: 1 2