Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Local Broadcast Info (Just to be Sure)12/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the game be broadcast on local TV if you don't have Amazon Prime>

I know on NFL Network broadcasts, that's the case.  Did Amazon a agree to a similar arrangement?
as you know i  don't live in Jacksonville,but the way i understand it game is only on Amzon Prime no matter were you live.
Good question.

I'm out of the area and on watching on prime for this one.

This site shows it airing on the local FOX affiliate in JAX:
https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/listin...Night.html
Correct, Fox30 in the home market. I don't know if it's still exactly the case, but the NFL used to require that the home markets for the national games had to be shown on broadcast channels, so even when MNF went to ESPN those games would still be shown on a local channel too. The game was not permitted to be on a cable channel only and I think that carries over to streaming too.
Definitely on Fox in the local market.
All NFL games, including preseason, get broadcast through a local affiliate in each team's home market no matter what type of network is covering the game, unless there is a blackout.

It's a contractual thing between the NFL and the franchises. There is always a local station that owns the rights to broadcast every game over the air that is not being produced by the normal broadcast networks like FOX or CBS. They just take the covering network feed and broadcast it over the air.

Channel 4 used to have that right. I guess Fox 30 has it now.
They stream the game on Twitch for free if you don't have Prime, or aren't in the local market. Twitch is owned by Amazon.

twitch.tv/primevideo is for the broadcast view

twitch.tv/primevision is for the all 22 view/different camera angles/extra stats view