Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lawrence evens the score
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Two games separated by less than one calendar year. Trevor evened the score against Zach Wilson. 

First Game for Trevor he went 26/39 for 280 yards. Tonight he was 20/31 for 229 yards. Total in 2 games is 46/70 (65.7%), 509 yards, 88 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, 2 sacks, and 3 fumbles.

First game Zack went 14/22 for 102 yards and 1 passing/1 rushing TD. Tonight he was 9/18 for 92 yards. Total in 2 games is 23/40 (57.5%) for 194 yards, 91 rushing yards, 1 passing and 1 rushing TD, 4 sacks and 1 INT.

Lawrence also has started 32 games over the past 2 seasons. Wilson has started 22. Wilson got benched tonight for a 4th string practice squad player that was just elevated TODAY. I don’t see how Wilson comes back from that.

You gotta think that was the most costly 1st down conversion that Frank Gore made against the Rams.
If we had Zach Wilson, he'd literally be Blaine Gabbert 2.0. Damn we got lucky.
Jags should have won last year too. Those last few plays at the end of the game were horrible calls.
Hopefully we would have taken Fields at 2, but it would still sting knowing we missed out on Trevor.

And no, I’m not necessarily sold on Fields long term, I just think he’s got the highest ceiling of everyone besides Trevor from that class.
(12-23-2022, 01:02 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Two games separated by less than one calendar year. Trevor evened the score against Zach Wilson. 

First Game for Trevor he went 26/39 for 280 yards. Tonight he was 20/31 for 229 yards. Total in 2 games is 46/70 (65.7%), 509 yards, 88 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, 2 sacks, and 3 fumbles.

First game Zack went 14/22 for 102 yards and 1 passing/1 rushing TD. Tonight he was 9/18 for 92 yards. Total in 2 games is 23/40 (57.5%) for 194 yards, 91 rushing yards, 1 passing and 1 rushing TD, 4 sacks and 1 INT.

Lawrence also has started 32 games over the past 2 seasons. Wilson has started 22. Wilson got benched tonight for a 4th string practice squad player that was just elevated TODAY. I don’t see how Wilson comes back from that.

You gotta think that was the most costly 1st down conversion that Frank Gore made against the Rams.

I've been reading Jets boards.

I'll just say I am VERY VERY thankful!  Very thankful!

Did I mention thankful?
(12-23-2022, 01:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2022, 01:02 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Two games separated by less than one calendar year. Trevor evened the score against Zach Wilson. 

I've been reading Jets boards.

I'll just say I am VERY VERY thankful!  Very thankful!

Did I mention thankful?
Now I gotta go read the Jets Board!
TLaw. Dub
https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/17085...d-trevor…/

Some are trying to convince themselves Trevor “isn’t even that good.”….
IMO Fields will break down in about year 3 unfortunately
How many MILFs has Trevor slain though?
No QB or offense looked that great tonight. We did enough to field goal them to death basically. Defense hung in there but was getting embarrassed by Streveler. All in all it was just good enough, not ideal conditions.
(12-23-2022, 01:04 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]If we had Zach Wilson, he'd literally be Blaine Gabbert 2.0. Damn we got lucky.

I still can't believe there were a bunch of people who actually thought winning a couple of meaningless games in 2020 was more important than getting Trevor Lawrence.  It just blows my mind.  Those people need to eat some major crow with their "You just don't hate losing as much as me!"  LOL!
(12-23-2022, 01:36 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]No QB or offense looked that great tonight.  We did enough to field goal them to death basically.  Defense hung in there but was getting embarrassed by Streveler.  All in all it was just good enough,  not ideal conditions.

Jets actually have a good defense. Jags have a backup tackle in with little in-game experience. And playing in severe inclement weather.

The game plan was to use short quick passing, probably because they saw in film study that the Jets will give it up. And with the Jets offense it was enough to win.

Trevor made some great throws in tight windows, but no need to rely on that or force him to do that consistently under those conditions.

Defense didn't game plan for Streveler. It is not easy to completely change your containment rules on the fly like that, especially for defense that already has issues with communication and busts.
(12-23-2022, 01:42 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2022, 01:04 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]If we had Zach Wilson, he'd literally be Blaine Gabbert 2.0. Damn we got lucky.

I still can't believe there were a bunch of people who actually thought winning a couple of meaningless games in 2020 was more important than getting Trevor Lawrence.  It just blows my mind.  Those people need to eat some major crow with their "You just don't hate losing as much as me!"  LOL!

Tell me about it.

You think the Jets fans relish/cherish those wins last year over the Rams and Browns over what they would have with Trevor Lawrence?

The "non tankers" would have preferred to beat Chicago and ??? at the end of last year and finish 3-13 as opposed to getting TL.
(12-23-2022, 01:07 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully we would have taken Fields at 2, but it would still sting knowing we missed out on Trevor.

And no, I’m not necessarily sold on Fields long term, I just think he’s got the highest ceiling of everyone besides Trevor from that class.

At least if we'd taken Wilson we'd be picking second at worst this time in a really strong QB class  Smile

Actually Thank God it didn't come to that Lol
(12-23-2022, 01:42 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]

That is almost a direct quote from the Jets message board.  

And in hindsight, I seem to recall I was one of the people who said winning is always better than losing, or something to that effect.  I admit that the possibility of drafting Trevor Lawrence was a very special case where losing was far better than winning.  We need to put up a statue of Frank Gore.  What a pro.  Always giving total effort, no matter the situation.

(12-23-2022, 01:44 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2022, 01:36 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]No QB or offense looked that great tonight.  We did enough to field goal them to death basically.  Defense hung in there but was getting embarrassed by Streveler.  All in all it was just good enough,  not ideal conditions.

Jets actually have a good defense. Jags have a backup tackle in with little in-game experience. And playing in severe inclement weather.

The game plan was to use short quick passing, probably because they saw in film study that the Jets will give it up. And with the Jets offense it was enough to win.

Trevor made some great throws in tight windows, but no need to rely on that or force him to do that consistently under those conditions.

Defense didn't game plan for Streveler. It is not easy to completely change your containment rules on the fly like that, especially for defense that already has issues with communication and busts.

It looked like our game plan was to avoid their CBs.  I don't recall our WRs having many balls thrown their way.  

Streveler scared me.  Zach Wilson made our defense look like the '85 Bears.
How do you feel if you are J Robinson? You get traded from a team that you think is a sinking ship and wont make the play offs to a team that looks to be a lock for the play off. He looked so happy at his introduction press conference. Now he doesnt even get touches. Have to feel bad for the guy.

As far as zack and the jets, that was a nice pay back to the jets for when zach embarrased the jags defense with that 52 yard td run last year.
(12-23-2022, 08:24 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you feel if you are J Robinson? You get traded from a team that you think is a sinking ship and wont make the play offs to a team that looks to be a lock for the play off. He looked so happy at his introduction press conference. Now he doesnt even get touches. Have to feel bad for the guy.

As far as zack and the jets, that was a nice pay back to the jets for when zach embarrased the jags defense with that 52 yard td run last year.

Didn't he say something about being happy he was traded to a winning team?  

Here's what he said: "5-2 from 2-5, feels pretty good to be part of this team"

Colin Cowherd: "Zach Wilson has gone from B-Y-U to B-Y-E."  
(12-23-2022, 08:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2022, 08:24 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you feel if you are J Robinson? You get traded from a team that you think is a sinking ship and wont make the play offs to a team that looks to be a lock for the play off. He looked so happy at his introduction press conference. Now he doesnt even get touches. Have to feel bad for the guy.

Didn't he say something about being happy he was traded to a winning team?  

Here's what he said: "5-2 from 2-5, feels pretty good to be part of this team"

Colin Cowherd: "Zach Wilson has gone from B-Y-U to B-Y-E."  

Yes I remember him saying that. 

Oops lol
Gotta sting being pulled for a 4th stringer in crunch time. Now THAT made me smile.
Pages: 1 2