Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Walker Little
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1st quarter at about the 13:45 mark. That was pretty bad. He got bull dozed right out the gate. 

2nd quarter at about the 3:25 mark. Not as bad as above but not good. 

3rd quarter at about the 9:40 mark. He just can’t get his feet planted fast enough during his back peddle and gets bull dozed. 

Hopefully with more reps and another game to gel and get better. He looked good in the run game and he had some quality reps in pass pro. I saw a couple of screen passes and quick hitters I noticed he didn’t really go block anyone which tells me his in-game- cardio might not be where he needs it yet.

I tried posting the link but it won’t let me.
There were some positives. He kicked out a couple of times for some decent runs. He did not give up a sack against a top 5 NY defense.
He made some nice blocks.

I thought that overall this was a good game for him. He was lined up against some pretty good players and he held his own for the most part.

Overall I thought he played pretty well.
I didn’t notice any overall drop off. Guy played lights out
Trevor makes them look great. Knowing that you can’t give Taylor a big contract. Plug Little in an keep Trevor getting the ball out quick.
(12-23-2022, 05:00 AM)Holger Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor makes them look great. Knowing that you can’t give Taylor a big contract. Plug Little in an keep Trevor getting the ball out quick.

Yes, Doug Pederson being the genius that he is, he's got Trevor getting the ball out so fast, it's hard to sack him.
(12-23-2022, 06:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2022, 05:00 AM)Holger Wrote: [ -> ]Trevor makes them look great. Knowing that you can’t give Taylor a big contract. Plug Little in an keep Trevor getting the ball out quick.

Yes, Doug Pederson being the genius that he is, he's got Trevor getting the ball out so fast, it's hard to sack him.

This is actually the most exciting thing for me.  @ the ELITE ELITE level, QBs transcend the online.  Trevs tied for second in the league behind only Brady in quickest release time.  That kind of processor speed coupled with his athleticism...
His performance was a good improvement and hopeful for the next 2 gamed. Stable is good at this point and having good coaches will help through the remainder of the season.

Too bad it's not madden. I would keep taylor and put walker in at left guard. That would be a beast offensive line haha
Considering that he played against a strong defense in the Jets, he didn't do too bad.
I don't recall him getting called for a holding pently. Cam gets calld for holding once a game
Hopefully next game vs the texans will be some good reps for him. The more he plays, the better he could get.
Overall, I thought he played well.

He made some nice blocks in the run game.
Outside of his false start, which is forgivable considering the circumstance, I thought he held it down relatively well. He's a lot quicker than I realized before. I think he's got a better feel than Cam Robinson over there if I am being completely honest. His ability to pull and run around the interior was nice to see. That opens up a little bit more creativity in the running game as well.

I like him as a starter next year. I am really at that point where, I wish we could resign Taylor to play RT tackle and keep Little to play LT but I am not sure about the contract situation with Robinson. At any rate. Little will be a starter next year on this football team. Whether that's at LT or RT remains to be seen but, again, he's a good looking tackle out there in space. With more playing time he'll only improve.

I would take Skoronski in a heart beat. I wouldn't rule out Broderick Jones from Georgia as well if this team ends up falling into that 20th and down range in the draft. But, giving Lawrence more time in the pocket or wider running lanes for Etienne will only continue to bode well for this team's future and fortunes. Protect the franchise. That's all that matters.
For a young kid, he looked pretty good out there. He got burned a few times, but that's kinda expected. Other than that, he blocked pretty well in pass pro and really well in run blocking. I'm curious to see his PFF grading.

Dude, all I know is that when Sherff when down was a scary moment. We need to keep building depth on the O-Line. Especially if we are going to draft in the middle of the order, I think focusing on the best O-Lineman available is our best move. I like Fourtner, Sherff, and Little. I wish we could keep Taylor, but he's probably gone unless he's willing to take a team friendly deal... And Cam Robinson is up and down...

The game yesterday shows how important giving Trevor more time is. Lawrence never looked comfortable in the pocket and was constantly under duress. We need to keep improving the O-Line.
(12-23-2022, 08:50 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't recall him getting called for a holding pently. Cam gets calld for holding once a game

Maybe next time...
(12-23-2022, 09:46 AM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]For a young kid, he looked pretty good out there.  He got burned a few times, but that's kinda expected.  Other than that, he blocked pretty well in pass pro and really well in run blocking.  I'm curious to see his PFF grading.

Dude, all I know is that when Sherff when down was a scary moment.  We need to keep building depth on the O-Line.  Especially if we are going to draft in the middle of the order, I think focusing on the best O-Lineman available is our best move.  I like Fourtner, Sherff, and Little.  I wish we could keep Taylor, but he's probably gone unless he's willing to take a team friendly deal...  And Cam Robinson is up and down...

The game yesterday shows how important giving Trevor more time is.  Lawrence never looked comfortable in the pocket and was constantly under duress.  We need to keep improving the O-Line.

Yeah. I am on board with this. Keep stacking lineman until the depth is so good it hurts.
(12-23-2022, 09:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Outside of his false start, which is forgivable considering the circumstance, I thought he held it down relatively well. He's a lot quicker than I realized before. I think he's got a better feel than Cam Robinson over there if I am being completely honest. His ability to pull and run around the interior was nice to see. That opens up a little bit more creativity in the running game as well.

I like him as a starter next year. I am really at that point where, I wish we could resign Taylor to play RT tackle and keep Little to play LT but I am not sure about the contract situation with Robinson. At any rate. Little will be a starter next year on this football team. Whether that's at LT or RT remains to be seen but, again, he's a good looking tackle out there in space. With more playing time he'll only improve.

I would take Skoronski in a heart beat. I wouldn't rule out Broderick Jones from Georgia as well if this team ends up falling into that 20th and down range in the draft. But, giving Lawrence more time in the pocket or wider running lanes for Etienne will only continue to bode well for this team's future and fortunes. Protect the franchise. That's all that matters.

I wish we could get rid of Cam and keep Taylor as well....  But, based on the cap hit we'd take for cutting Cam early, I don't think we could do it, unfortunately.  I'm still learning the whole cap process, but we'd be hit with a huge dead money amount if we cut Cam in 2023.  We're pretty much stuck with Cam.  Which means Taylor, who is really our best Tackle is most likely gone at the end of the year.

I agree with all your saying.  Last night really proved we need to give our QB more protection.  The better Defensive teams are gonna molly-whop our current O-Line.  Plus, we have no depth!  We gotta build up our O-Line.  I
(12-23-2022, 09:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Outside of his false start, which is forgivable considering the circumstance, I thought he held it down relatively well. He's a lot quicker than I realized before. I think he's got a better feel than Cam Robinson over there if I am being completely honest. His ability to pull and run around the interior was nice to see. That opens up a little bit more creativity in the running game as well.

Robinson is guaranteed a $16 mil salary next year.

Even if we traded him, the team we trade him to would be responsible for the guaranteed salary, but we would still take a dead cap hit of $10 mil which is the remaining amount of his signing bonus still on our books.

In 2024 he no longer has any guaranteed money so we could release him and take a dead cap hit of $5 mil which would be the remaining part of his signing bonus still on the books.
(12-23-2022, 02:26 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]1st quarter at about the 13:45 mark. That was pretty bad. He got bull dozed right out the gate. 

2nd quarter at about the 3:25 mark. Not as bad as above but not good. 

3rd quarter at about the 9:40 mark. He just can’t get his feet planted fast enough during his back peddle and gets bull dozed. 

Hopefully with more reps and another game to gel and get better. He looked good in the run game and he had some quality reps in pass pro. I saw a couple of screen passes and quick hitters I noticed he didn’t really go block anyone which tells me his in-game- cardio might not be where he needs it yet.

I tried posting the link but it won’t let me.
So in his first start of the season, you managed to find 3 whole plays where he didn’t look good?

Wow! What a bust!
Pages: 1 2