Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Congratulations to Travis Etienne- 1,000 yards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
204 rushing attempts, 1000 rushing yards, 4.9 yard average.
30 receptions, 267 receiving yards.  

2 games to go.
That 1000 looks really nice and especially with his average per carry. 2 more games to go to hopefully add to those stats. Maybe he can have a big game vs the texans. Right now hes about 300 yards away from king henry and etn is #7 on the rushing yards list. (He is one game ahead) lol but it looks really good.
I hope he can hold up. He plays hard and is quick. I am eating some crow on not liking the pick. It is crazy that he had a serious injury as well.
And only a hundred fumbles along the way!

All kidding aside he's been okay from a production standpoint, but taking him in the first round still represents bad value. Also he's bad at minimizing contact, and the team still needs another guy on the roster who can take some snaps from him to preserve his health.
(12-23-2022, 09:05 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]And only a hundred fumbles along the way!

All kidding aside he's been okay from a production standpoint, but taking him in the first round still represents bad value. Also he's bad at minimizing contact, and the team still needs another guy on the roster who can take some snaps from him to preserve his health.

It's true that he doesn't know how to take a hit. 

Dude's career longevity outlook is NOT good at this rate of punishment. 

Between he and TL last night - I spent 3 quarters just hoping they didn't cough up the ball. 
Rain is clearly not a friend of the Jacksonville Jaguars but they got the dub.
Congrats to ETN, for a RB coming off Lisfranc, he's been great. A lot of us are pretty hard on him, but he's been pretty dog gone durable this season. I bet he's even better next year, better at protecting the ball and better at avoiding the big hits.
well deserved
And he did that with splitting carries at the beginning of the season. He just needs to learn to hold onto the ball now.
(12-23-2022, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2022, 09:05 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]And only a hundred fumbles along the way!

Between he and TL last night - I spent 3 quarters just hoping they didn't cough up the ball. 

ETN was wearing gloves to start the game, but after a couple near losses of the football, I noticed he took the gloves off about half wayish through the game. He seemed to have a better hold of the ball after that.
Good for him though he does make me a bit nervous with how he runs.
Great season for the young man, hopefully the best is yet to come.
(12-23-2022, 08:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2022, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It's true that he doesn't know how to take a hit. 

ETN was wearing gloves to start the game, but after a couple near losses of the football, I noticed he took the gloves off about half wayish through the game. He seemed to have a better hold of the ball after that.

He said in a interview that he tried the gloves but he felt it was more slippery with the gloves than without.
(12-23-2022, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Kinda agree, he always seems to get hit hard, almost as if he runs into contact thinking hes henrys size.
Great game for him last nite, especially considering the line still cant get him decent holes to run thru. The only good thing Urban Liar did here was emphasize getting speed players, and this has become a HR pick.
Gotta say I like smart players, guys who can think under pressure, keep cool, make good decisions ... Give me the intelligent guys all day long ... 

To which I thought one of his best moments last night was the intelligence to stay in bounds on his 4th and 1 run. He probably didn't know exactly how much time was on the clock and how many time outs we're on the board but he clearly was clued in enough to know that if he simply stayed in bounds we could run the clock out and not give the bolts another chance.

Shows he knows what's going on in the game and is keyed into what's going on around him. I know it's just a little thing and maybe in the wider context of the game it would have made no difference but quite often they end up making a huge difference. 

The mind goes back to that idiot on the Steelers a couple of years back who insisted on celebrating a first down and ran his own team out of time on the game winning drive... Little things. Like Engram fighting like mad to get out and stop the clock a couple of weeks ago... I like those guys.