Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The play that tells about this season imo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The play where Trevor threw to Evan Engram and rather than going out he threw Sauce in front of him and then just kept swinging and fighting. I know it was nothing special but damn, that play summed up how this team has felt. 

Sauce was the terrible years and Engram just grabbed it and threw it out of the way.

I don't know, I just loved that play.
Ya, it didn’t go unnoticed.
For me it was the 2 point conversion to go for the win instead of kicking the extra point for overtime against the Ravens.

That was the play where the tides changed.
(12-25-2022, 08:34 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]For me it was the 2 point conversion to go for the win instead of kicking the extra point for overtime against the Ravens.

This. I think Pederson made a decision right there. We're either for real or we're going to fumble the bag all on this play here. How bad does this team really want it? After that play it all started to change. 

The fact that they went up to Detroit and had their teeth kicked in and then proceeded to respond the way they have since then is incredible. This team is completely different under Pederson's coaching and Lawrence's play. Amazing what happens when you have the two most important jobs in this sport supported by talented and driven individuals. 

One week at a time. I get it. We still have the tinhorns and tacks to get through. If they get make the play off's and get bounced in week one? It was BETTER than what anybody was mostly expecting. I was looking for a 9 - 8 record with the 4th seed this year at the MOST. Wouldn't speculate on their play-off run though. They could go deep with Lawrence though. It's undeniable.
I think I’m on team “Engram getting out of bounds to save a timeout” club.

It just proves that everyone on this team fights. They fight for the extra yard or to make the right play to keep the win alive. They don’t give up after bad plays happen (multiple fumbles on opening drives) or when they get down by multiple scores.
(12-26-2022, 09:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I think I’m on team “Engram getting out of bounds to save a timeout” club.

It just proves that everyone on this team fights. They fight for the extra yard or to make the right play to keep the win alive. They don’t give up after bad plays happen (multiple fumbles on opening drives) or when they get down by multiple scores.

Ya, that play was indicative of how they are all playing. It’s a combination of everyone doing something. This is not just one player doing everything, they are playing as a team , you can tell they don’t want to let their teammates down. That kind of thinking wins championships.
For me it was when we can back from Balt and Dal shows how much both Offense and Defense are playing together.

Remeber It's all about the Jags
I know I'm in the vast minority, but I think when the Defense held up Henry, and then Quarterman channeled Zeus and laid a fumble inducing thunderous hit on Henry was the the play that signified our season.

The significance of really laying the smack down on Henry, a player that has basically owned the Jaguars for at least 5 years, was huge. Plus, like our season, we got caught off guard, but we rallied as a team, and made a HUGE play to knock out the opponent, and it couldn't have happened unless all the players kept at it and didn't quit on the play.
Has not happened yet. Tune back on February 12th.
Quaterman hit on Henry to cause the FF was the play of the year IMO. The bully got punched in the face and folded like a cheap chair. That was priceless to me.
(12-25-2022, 08:34 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]For me it was the 2 point conversion to go for the win instead of kicking the extra point for overtime against the Ravens.

You know whats funny if we did that last year against the Texans i believe and didn't get it. It's one of those if it works its awesome if it dosen't it's a head scratcher type thing.