Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Return of the 1995 expansion franchises
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rewind if you will to 1996:
Carolina and Jacksonville go to their respective championship games in their 2nd year.  Both lose.

FFWD to now: At the end of week 16, if both Jacksonville and Carolina can win their next 2 games, they will have completed improbable comebacks to win thier divisions and enter the playoffs as 2 of the hottest teams in the playoffs.

Could we be seeing history repeat itself?
That would be pretty cooool maaaan
Why not? Stranger and less interesting things have happened.

I think it's pretty cool.
I wanna see a Jags v Panthers (or Lions) SB
Literal cat fight. Lol
There are some differences. As I recall Carolina was expecting to make the playoffs that year, finishing 12-4 and getting a first round bye. Our run was a good deal more improbable but it would have been interesting to have seen a Jags/Panthers Superbowl. I remember someone, maybe Tony Kornhiser, derisively calling such a matchup the Micro-Market Bowl. As we know, it never happened. Would be interesting if it did this year but I would be most pleased about the Jags even if the Panthies don't, lol.
(12-26-2022, 01:37 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I wanna see a Jags v Panthers (or Lions) SB

People are gonna be confused when the kitty bowl comes on the day before.
(12-26-2022, 04:17 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]There are some differences. As I recall Carolina was expecting to make the playoffs that year, finishing 12-4 and getting a first round bye. Our run was a good deal more improbable but it would have been interesting to have seen a Jags/Panthers Superbowl. I remember someone, maybe Tony Kornhiser, derisively calling such a matchup the Micro-Market Bowl. As we know, it never happened. Would be interesting if it did this year but I would be most pleased about the Jags even if the Panthies don't, lol.

Not sure why the Panthers going 12-4 and the Jags 9-7 makes it any different. I didnt compare how they got there in 96 with how they are getting there today. What i did compare is how they can both get there this year.
This is from week 14, but it's still pretty funny regarding Jags, panthers and the other "cat teams"

(J-Dub super sky point)

https://twitter.com/tomgrossicomedy/stat...6P6vlRSw4g
(12-26-2022, 05:30 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2022, 04:17 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]There are some differences. As I recall Carolina was expecting to make the playoffs that year, finishing 12-4 and getting a first round bye. Our run was a good deal more improbable but it would have been interesting to have seen a Jags/Panthers Superbowl. I remember someone, maybe Tony Kornhiser, derisively calling such a matchup the Micro-Market Bowl. As we know, it never happened. Would be interesting if it did this year but I would be most pleased about the Jags even if the Panthies don't, lol.

Not sure why the Panthers going 12-4 and the Jags 9-7 makes it any different.  I didnt compare how they got there in 96 with how they are getting there today. What i did compare is how they can both get there this year.

Don't be so sensitive. You literally said, "could we be seeing history repeat itself?" There was a difference between how the two teams ascended in 96 vs what is going on this year is all.
(12-26-2022, 04:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2022, 01:37 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I wanna see a Jags v Panthers (or Lions) SB

People are gonna be confused when the kitty bowl comes on the day before.

Even more confusing if they name it the [BLEEP] Bowl lol
(12-26-2022, 08:14 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2022, 04:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]People are gonna be confused when the kitty bowl comes on the day before.

Even more confusing if they name it the [BLEEP] Bowl lol

If Gabbert was still our QB thats exactly what it woulda been named.
(12-25-2022, 10:16 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]That would be pretty cooool maaaan

Screw Carolina!

They've already been to two Super Bowls.

They need to watch us get to the show and win it.