Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Thread - Week 17 Jags @ Tinhorns ***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Figured i'd throw this up to get the conversations started early. Let's go Jags!  Banana

Score prediction: 50-3 Texans win (Undefeated strategy, let's keep the superstition rollin')

[Image: BWe0SqWIEAAQwiu.jpg]
Saw this stats on ESPN,

Jags have lost 7 straight games they have been favored in, 0-3 this season.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(01-01-2023, 03:58 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Saw this stats on ESPN,

Makes sense we’re totally about to get destroyed.
One of two games that's desperately needed is here. Everyone knows what's at steak w/respect to our Jaguars needing a victory today and we'll be concerned about the last game after this game. I'm at work today BUT I'll be glued to say the least. Play hard and play fast gentlemen and bring it home.

All Gas, No Brakes.
It was Always the Jags.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
Trevor is about to dunk in that indoor stadium. They don't score many points (usually). If the defense can start stepping up I like our chances today. The ultimate goal for me is to hopefully get a three score lead in the second half and start taking starters out, or sooner. If we are going to win next week against the Tacks, this game doesn't matter (unless a key player gets hurt or something like that). It has no bearing on our division or playoff hopes unless we plan on losing next week, then this week is crucial. 8-9 gets us to the playoffs as a Wildcard with (win over HOU, loss against TEN) New England beats Miami in Week 17, AND Seattle beats the New York Jets in Week 17 (likely) Week 18, Buffalo beats New England in Week 18 AND Pittsburgh loses to Cincinnati or Baltimore (likely).
Meanwhile, on their fan forum, everyone is hoping for a loss and the #1 pick.
(01-01-2023, 08:59 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile, on their fan forum, everyone is hoping for a loss and the #1 pick.

Sounds like some of us last year.  I'm waiting for us to come back down to reality and have that vintage terrible game that kills all aspirations.
Family in town last minute so I'm going to miss this game but will try to keep updated through the app. 

I'm feeling good about this game. For once in a very long time I have confidence in this team. Even if we don't win I know it's not for lack of solid leadership from Pederson, TLaw and solid play from the men. They are focused, they know what their mission is and what's at stake. 

I believe.
#itwasalwaysthejags
I know it all comes down to week 18. But I’m really excited for this game.
Let’s go Jags, show the AFC South who the new big dogs (cats) are now.
(01-01-2023, 03:58 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Saw this stats on ESPN,

While the compilation of statistical data is invaluable when it comes to understanding and enjoying the game, sometimes I think they take some perverse joy in compiling some of those stats and representing them as if somehow they are immutable characteristics of the team itself, instead of simply being the byproduct of two team's performance that time.  Anyne who knows anything about the Jaguars (admittedly a small group nationwide) knows we're a better team now than they were last year/  For that matter, they are a netter team now than they were earlier in the year.  It's a contrived annoyance.
(01-01-2023, 09:24 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2023, 08:59 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile, on their fan forum, everyone is hoping for a loss and the #1 pick.

Sounds like some of us last year.  I'm waiting for us to come back down to reality and have that vintage terrible game that kills all aspirations.

That's the spirit.

We always struggle against these, time for that to stop.

Jags 27 Them 6.
I have confidence in our offense

I believe our defense will have 11 guys on the field doing things
(01-01-2023, 10:20 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Family in town last minute so I'm going to miss this game but will try to keep updated through the app. 

I'm feeling good about this game. For once in a very long time I have confidence in this team. Even if we don't win I know it's not for lack of solid leadership from Pederson, TLaw and solid play from the men. They are focused, they know what their mission is and what's at stake. 

I believe.
#itwasalwaysthejags

That's okay today, but make it clear that it would be totally unacceptable next week!

They should get their wish.

Go Jags!
(01-01-2023, 10:57 AM)Butters Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2023, 09:24 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like some of us last year.  I'm waiting for us to come back down to reality and have that vintage terrible game that kills all aspirations.

That's the spirit.

We always struggle against these, time for that to stop.

Jags 27 Them 6.

Unfortunately, those types of games are a real thing with us. It’s a phenomenon we’ve been dealing with for years and years. A good streak is suddenly halted by some of the worst football ever played. Like, NFL record-setting suck. This team, literally, holds many of the league records for the worst statistics on a football field. 2017 was the last time we were exempt from that cruel vagary. 

With that being said, it definitely feels like we’re turning a corner. But there’s no way to prove it until we win out. Taking the AFC South will go a long ways towards convincing the fans the demons have been exorcised.
(01-01-2023, 11:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I have confidence in our offense

I believe our defense will have 11 guys on the field doing things
I think Cisco gets a pick today and Travon gets a sack.

Hey now!
I hope we win both of these next two but the history of the Jags the last 15 years has scarred me. I think this is going to end up being a trap game for the Jags and they'll lose a close game but believe they'll take the AFC South title next weekend.
This has the feel of a trap game.
(01-01-2023, 11:58 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]This has the feel of a trap game.

A division rival?!?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31