Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fred Taylor misses finalists list for HOF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We got Boselli so they are done with our team. I love Fred and he is HOF to me.
(01-05-2023, 01:22 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]We got Boselli so they are done with our team. I love Fred and he is HOF to me.

Not if the kid (Trevor,) is who we think he is.
Total disrespect. 11k+ rushing yards and over 13k all purpose yards. Won’t see numbers like that from many, if any RBs today. The fact that Devin Hester is a finalist is mind boggling.
I'll keep hoping for him each year.
They'll wait until his last year of eligibility then finally let him in. Jerks.
(01-05-2023, 10:25 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]They'll wait until his last year of eligibility then finally let him in. Jerks.

I believe guys like him and Jimmy Smith won't get due consideration for Canton until Jacksonville wins a Super Bowl.

The voters have shown a biad aganst Jacksonville dating back to the expansion race, and until they can associate the Jaguars with greatness via a team winning a Super Bowl or two that anti Jacksonville paradigm will dominate.
(01-05-2023, 10:25 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]They'll wait until his last year of eligibility then finally let him in. Jerks.

This. 

Don’t worry guys, he will get in. Just gotta wait.
(01-05-2023, 11:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe guys like him and Jimmy Smith won't get due consideration for Canton until Jacksonville wins a Super Bowl.

The voters have shown a biased against Jacksonville dating back to the expansion race, and until they can associate the Jaguars with greatness via a team winning a Super Bowl or two that anti Jacksonville paradigm will dominate.

You can't have a newcomer come in and steal the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVQ160TF5U
His time will come but he'll go through some heart ache during this process.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

How many years of eligibility do players get?
Fred was a great player but his candidacy is weak. There wasn't a single year of his career where he was the best running back in the game. Every year he was the 4th or 5th best guy, and he did that for over a decade, but that's simply never going to make the Hall and it's legitimate that he doesn't. He's a classic 'Hall of the Very Good" candidate.
I didn't want to start a new thread and don't know where it should go so, I'll put it here.

Greg Jones did a segment with Josh Scobee on Jaguars Weekend. Jones said he didn't work out. He would stretch before games but wasn't a gym rat. Greg Jones said that! The man who effortlessly threw tacklers like rag dolls says he didn't work out!

Obviously, some folks are swimming in better gene pools that the rest of us mere mortals.