Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: To all those believers since day 1, this win is for you.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wasn't pretty at times but we played complimentary football and it was a great team win! Playoffs baby!
I don't think anybody thought we were going to the playoffs throughout the entire season. But it's a damn sweet moment to be a part of.
I said 9 - 8 months ago. This team has been frustrating to watch. Enjoyable. But damn they are frustrating. LOL.

They're still a year or two away from being "that" team. Where they hit double digit wins and they make it look easy in games when they are expected to bury opponents.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Before the season i called 11 wins. I was 2 off. We should have 11 wins but those losses earlier in the season made this team stronger
(01-08-2023, 02:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I said 9 - 8 months ago. This team has been frustrating to watch. Enjoyable. But damn they are frustrating. LOL.

They're still a year or two away from being "that" team. Where they hit double digit wins and they make it look easy in games when they are expected to bury opponents.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I think if we have a solid off season that's what we'll see next season. Outside of Lawrence regressing outta nowhere I don't think we are gonna have a hard time being a pretty good football team next year.
Hell, at first I thought 7 wins this year would be great, and then going 3-1 during this last stretch would have been a huge success
We have won 5 straight, have a top 10 offense, and the defense is starting to click. Anything is possible.
(01-08-2023, 01:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think anybody thought we were going to the playoffs throughout the entire season. But it's a damn sweet moment to be a part of.

I got mocked for uttering playoffs after we beat the Colts and took the division lead. They hit me with the “PlAyoFFs?”

There were a few guys that said 8 or 9 could win the South. Prolly lost some faith a few games later, but playoffs were discussed.
(01-08-2023, 01:11 AM)ClemsonJag Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't pretty at times but we played complimentary football and it was a great team win! Playoffs baby!

Teams play better when the players encourage each other.
It was always the Jags.
Thank You and this thread needs to be pinned. It feels DAMN Good to eyewitness what I envisioned during the pre-season. Yes I felt that it was possible (9-8) but I had no clue to the position that our team is in at this point. I always have been and Always will be positive w/respect to our Jaguars. One Game at A Time and let's hope for the best.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(01-08-2023, 01:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think anybody thought we were going to the playoffs throughout the entire season. But it's a damn sweet moment to be a part of.

No doubt. It's great in part because it was unexpected. Shades of 1996.
It's hard to judge if this win was as good as the one against the Broncos - but damn, after a decade a futility it does feel good.
(01-08-2023, 10:39 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to judge if this win was as good as the one against the Broncos - but damn, after a decade a futility it does feel good.

Nobody gave us a chance in ‘96
Everybody expected us to win last night.
(01-08-2023, 02:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Before the season i called 11 wins.  I was 2 off.  We should have 11 wins but those losses earlier in the season made this team stronger

I said 9 wins in week 4. 

Should be 12. Commandos, Giants, and Broncos game we gave away.
Now that we made the playoffs, and I can't Jinx anything, I had a feeling we were destined for the AFC South title after we beat the Ravens!

It was Jaxson DeVille's Cat-Kini that was the the sign. He came out in that Cat-Thong, and willed this team to a win. It was then that I thought, OK, we have a real chance here. The team was always so close in every game. And Pederson is a great coach. It just seemed like everything was beginning to line up.

Here's to everyone that harkened back to 96! I didn't even know there was a similarity. But after the Baltimore win, that's when I began to believe that is was always the Jags!
Thank you.
If you’re gonna be 9-8, this is exactly how you want it to play out.
Thank you, thank you very much.

I did! However I had moments where I was like damn jags in deep $hot. Losing those early games that the jags should have won, really made this extremely unbelievable that they hit the comeback run. A More remarkable run than 1996 because of the quality of opposition for this current jaguar team. (Play off teams) 

It's all about the jags defense.