Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: No more Ping Pong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:The Jaguars got their first look at the re-organized locker room upon returning to the facility Monday.

Gone is the ping-pong table that was a constant presence in the middle of the locker room.

Tom Coughlin effect

"Put that ping pong paddle down. Ping pong is for closers."

Quote:"Put that ping pong paddle down. Ping pong is for closers."

I really did not expect "closers" as the descriptive word of choice there.
For what it's worth, the table pre-dated Bradley
Quote:For what it's worth, the table pre-dated Bradley

For what it's worth, we sucked then too.
Foosball is for the devil!

Will they be serving high quality H2O on the sidelines instead of that Gatorade?

Quote:I really did not expect "closers" as the descriptive word of choice there.

Yeah, it was awkward.
Quote:For what it's worth, we sucked then too.

Sure did. Just wanted to make sure people know this wasn't just a Gus thing
No word yet on whether the soft serve machine has been removed.
You know you find football players where you find football players....  I guess we are abandoning the idea of converting small school Table Tennis champs to become quality starters.  The last vestiage of the genius of gene is on the way out.

Wink

Meh...  it's not really that big of a deal.  People read way too much into the smallest and most insignificant things.

Word on the street is the ice cream truck is banned during practices and scrimmage games.

Quote:For what it's worth, the table pre-dated Bradley
Gene knew the choirboys needed something more up their ally so they wouldn't drink party or beat women.
Just makes you think how soft and relaxed the last coaching staff under Bradley was with this team. Pathetic. 

Seems silly. What the hell does a pong table have to do with the W/L record? Like they were playing pong instead of what they were supposed to be doing?

I can guarantee that if the team starts winning the lack of a  pong table wont in any way be a contributing factor. Kinda petty IMO.

This is like Major League when Rachel Phelps took away everything from the team including the Jacuzzi. They had to create their own Jacuzzi with a boat motor and ice bin. But you know what? They started winning!

Quote:Seems silly. What the hell does a pong table have to do with the W/L record? Like they were playing pong instead of what they were supposed to be doing?

I can guarantee that if the team starts winning the lack of a  pong table wont in any way be a contributing factor. Kinda petty IMO.

I think it's more a symbolic gesture. The focus will be on football and winning, and nothing else. After watching this team fold like an accordion in the fourth quarter, I'm all for it.
So we get rid of the ping pong table, but keep the s*p*r*in*k*l*e machine?.....
Imagine the collective disappointment when it's revealed the real reason for the ping pong table removal was TC's preference for Badminton.

Pages: 1 2