Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Media disrespect continues...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Latest article posted on the NFL site here - covers Titans, Texans and Colts but not a word of the Jaguars. Disgusting.
(01-09-2023, 12:37 PM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]Latest article posted on the NFL site here - covers Titans, Texans and Colts but not a word of the Jaguars. Disgusting.

We're in there.
(01-09-2023, 12:37 PM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]Latest article posted on the NFL site here - covers Titans, Texans and Colts but not a word of the Jaguars. Disgusting.

Are you being sarcastic?  The article covers the mock draft of each team, including the Jags

Biggest needs: DL, OT, CB

EE: GM Trent Baalke has a history of targeting defensive linemen with plus athletic traits early in the draft, and he could do so again. DaVon Hamilton is a standout up front, and Folorunso Fatukasi likely isn’t going anywhere, but Roy Robertson-Harris could be a cut candidate. Reserves Adam Gotsis and Corey Peters are due to become free agents. Jacksonville could double dip up front and not be overdoing it.
Yes, was sarcasm, spoilt by the fact that either they changed the article after I first read it or I missed the second part of it. Could have sworn it was originally just a list of the teams with draft order already locked in and, of course, that doesn't include teams who are playoff bound.
(01-09-2023, 12:57 PM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, was sarcasm, spoilt by the fact that either they changed the article after I first read it or I missed the second part of it. Could have sworn it was originally just a list of the teams with draft order already locked in and, of course, that doesn't include teams who are playoff bound.

Lol .... yes, it probably did just include the non-playoff teams and then was updated to include all of the playoff teams.

"A" for originality (that was later smothered by their updated list)
Understandable mistake. We are all used to seeing our listing in the top 4, scrolling past pick 18 isn't the norm for us.
I’m just glad that on Black Monday, we aren’t making headlines for the wrong reasons
(01-09-2023, 01:54 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]I’m just glad that on Black Monday, we aren’t making headlines for the wrong reasons

I thought of this as I saw a few headlines about coaches and other personnel being fired. 

Damn it's good to be a Jaguar fan! 

I believe.
#itwasalwaysthejags
(01-09-2023, 01:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Understandable mistake.  We are all used to seeing our listing in the top 4, scrolling past pick 18 isn't the norm for us.

How will draft day even work when we have a bottom-four pick? Smile
(01-10-2023, 09:52 AM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2023, 01:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Understandable mistake.  We are all used to seeing our listing in the top 4, scrolling past pick 18 isn't the norm for us.

The network is scrambling to move their commercial break from the first pick to wherever we end up.
Jags are getting massive love from virtually every media outlet.
They earned it.
WaIt until Jags thump SD/LA and they play Bengals or Chiefs.
(01-10-2023, 09:52 AM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]

[Image: taven-bryan-3-david-rosenblum-icon-sport...1_orig.jpg]
We deserve any and all disrespect until with either win the superbowl or participate in the playoffs multiple years in a row.
(01-10-2023, 10:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2023, 09:52 AM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]How will draft day even work when we have a bottom-four pick? Smile

The network is scrambling to move their commercial break from the first pick to wherever we end up.

HA !!!   Perhaps the NFL will announce their 1st ever Draft Halftime in which they offer the 1st 2 hours commercial free followed by a 10 minute halftime break (of course this will correlate with the time the Jags are On The Clock).
(01-10-2023, 12:18 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]We deserve any and all disrespect until with either win the superbowl or participate in the playoffs multiple years in a row.

The following teams fit into that disrespect category ...

Jets
Browns
Texans
Jags
Chargers
Vikings
Lions
Falcons
Panthers
Cardinals

Many other teams would fit into that category as well if we are just talking about the past 20 years without a SB or recent playoff appearances (add Dolphins, Colts, Raiders, Broncos, Cowboys, Redskins, Giants, Bears, Saints, Seahawks).

I think we just covered 20 of the 32 teams that should be disrespected.
I think every fanbase probably feels their team has been disrespected by the media at large or that NFL is out to get them. It's that human nature thing that slights and negative comments tend to have more impact than positive ones.

It's why people will stew about one negative comment or criticism that someone made to them or that people often post on social media.
I kind of like being the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. Doesn't bother me one bit. When I was growing up, as well as the majority of this fanbase already knows and has also endured.

But, when I was growing up. All we heard about after that 1999 season was how the team should move to L.A or London. When we had the Superbowl here it was that schmuck over on ESPN, from PTI, bashing the city's appearance for the Superbowl when we had it here.

We're ultimately getting the last laugh now with the renovations to the stadium and Khan's firm commitment to making this city an attraction. Which it has become anyway. I think we're 2nd in a recent study of being one of the best places to move in the state of Florida.

Now we're finally winning football games. Look, I'll take in the bad with the good. Exposure is good. I'll enjoy these next 10+ years for as long as possible. We're really, really close to probably winning a Lombardi. At least it feels that way with Pederson and Lawrence.

I have to tip my hat to Khan. For all the up's and down's. For all the turmoil and issues that have happened since he bought this team. He stayed true to this city and it's fanbase. Just got goosebumps writing that. I am just glad there's a magic in the air again. There's people at my job that I had no clue were fans until this past Saturday.

There's teal towels, calendars everywhere in this office building. There's people rocking their gear. It's nice to see man. Really is. I was just telling my brothers the other day that in a few years. There's a real possibility we're all taking our little rugrats of our own to a home AFC Championship game. Cannot wait. Well, I can wait a little, he's only nearly three.

Man, they grow up fast. Love you all! What a regular season it's been. Whether we win or lose this Saturday. The future is bright in this little city on the east coast. Football matters again.
I don't think the Jags are targeted for disrespect, maybe it is but it could be something else. Respect is earned based on what you do. We have done nothing the last 10 years (except 2017) We have been a team with a questionable organization, unsuccessful coaches and players. This reflected in our won/loss record. What did we want them to talk about before this season? How questionable our draft picks were? How much of a dumpster fire we were? We are getting the respect we have earned. IF we can continue on our current path things will change.
I really don't care what the media thinks and never will. We will let our play on the field to continue to talk for us. All of them are idiots anyway and just do anything to get clicks, piss on em.

Well who wants to me lumped in with those loser teams?
Pages: 1 2