Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The never out of it Jaguars vs Chargers! Players of the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Doug Pederson:  This should go down as the coaching performance of the year. (one of the best ever)   Calling plays like the 2 point conversion and outside ETN run on 4th and short took balls of steel. If we miss either of those plays he is under real hot water.  He rolled with the calls and coached one of the best comebacks in NFL history today. WOW!  He may not be on the field but his coaching in the second half may have been the most important aspect of the game.

Trevor Lawrence:  I admit after the third int I doubted.  Lawrence came out in the second half just gun slinging. A career high 4 TD passes, a key run for a first down, making the tough throws, the golden boy shined today! 4 tds to 4 different receivers.

ETN: That long run on 4th and short along with the awareness to stay in bounds was fantastic. A few key first downs today.

Walker Little:  He held his own out there. We may have a long term LT here! 2 of them with Cam!

Kirk/Jones/Engram/Jones all made huge catches today.  Kirk had some rough drops in the first half.  He bounced back in the second.

Roy Robertson-Harris had a great game today. A few key plays and was causing havoc!

Travon Walker: Minus the bs penalty he got. It does not show up on the stat sheet but he was collapsing the pocket. I think his play has improved dramatically since putting his hand in the dirt.
WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY.. even when it's 27-0.
(01-15-2023, 01:36 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY.. even when it's 27-0.

Leave the ice cream guy out of it.
Evan Engram just had the best playoff game in Jaguars history for a TE.

Etienne ran the ball hard and fought for extra yards and stayed in bounds on the 4th and 1 play.

Lawrence was throwing darts in the 2nd half.

Kirk came up with big catch after big catch.

Riley Patterson with the biggest kick of his life!

Pederson with a masterful gameplan and the biggest comeback in Jaguars history down 27-0

What an awesome game!
All our new free agent offence players has really great games. They were not good on the first as a team but over the course of the game they all balled
(01-15-2023, 01:38 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 01:36 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY.. even when it's 27-0.

Leave the ice cream guy out of it.

Doug is the ice cream guy

Gus was the sprinkle guy.
https://youtu.be/TRt4hQs3nH0https://yout...Rt4hQs3nH0

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
IWATJ
Whoever neutralized Bosa and got in his head
*added another

Walker Little
Hard to say, the entire defense in the second half and Lawrence in the 2nd half were clutch.

Shout out to Marvin Jones for being clutch even tho we rarely use the guy.
Zay Jones for channeling Khalif Barnes on the ETN 4th down run. YEESH ixnay on the ref crying.
(01-15-2023, 02:21 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to say, the entire defense in the second half and Lawrence in the 2nd half were clutch.

4.75 targets per game (81 reg season targets) 
and 29 first downs

+ tonight

Seems a bit more than "rare" to me.
We just need the ball to bounce our way in KC.. like the Chargers had in the first half against us, just gift after gift.
(01-15-2023, 03:12 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]We just need the ball to bounce our way in KC..  like the Chargers had in the first half against us,  just gift after gift.

Apparently we need the ball to bounce THEIR way just enough to light the fire. 
Big Grin
(01-15-2023, 03:12 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]We just need the ball to bounce our way in KC..  like the Chargers had in the first half against us,  just gift after gift.

So you're saying we need the ball to bounce our way once and then have the Refs gift us at least 6 calls in the 1st half.
(01-15-2023, 02:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 02:21 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to say, the entire defense in the second half and Lawrence in the 2nd half were clutch.

4.75 targets per game (81 reg season targets) 
and 29 first downs

+ tonight

Feels like we never see him until we need a big play, is what I mean. He'll go all game without a catch/target and then be the focal point of our game winning drive.

(01-15-2023, 03:15 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

So you're saying we need the ball to bounce our way once and then have the Refs gift us at least 6 calls in the 1st half.

Yo on some real [BLEEP] tho, since we won it don't feel as bad but man the refs in this game were worse than the ones in the afc title game vs the pats and that's tough lol.
(01-15-2023, 03:16 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 02:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]4.75 targets per game (81 reg season targets) 
and 29 first downs

+ tonight

Feels like we never see him until we need a big play, is what I mean. He'll go all game without a catch/target and then be the focal point of our game winning drive.

(01-15-2023, 03:15 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]So you're saying we need the ball to bounce our way once and then have the Refs gift us at least 6 calls in the 1st half.

Yo on some real [BLEEP] tho, since we won it don't feel as bad but man the refs in this game were worse than the ones in the afc title game vs the pats and that's tough lol.

Honestly, I think we win this game by 20 if the Refs don't heavily change the game in the Chargers' favor during that 1st half.