Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: LA Charger meltdowns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's crazy is outside of the gimme field position the defense played hard, and shut them down.
Good stuff
Glorious…. It sounds like this board did on October…

Teams really hate losing to the Jags, they should feel honored, eat it [BLEEP], eat it!!
Jags may be the cause of yet another coaching staff break up.

We are officially the home wreckers of the NFL.
I don't watch the chargers often, but after watching last night's game I'm left wondering if Herbert actually is such a great QB.

In the two games against us he looked like a guy that can make highlight throws, but isn't in the Trevor/Burrow/Allen/Mahomes conversation.
That message board is in full meltdown mode..... reading through the GameDay thread was crazy. The moment the jags scored that first TD, their entire mood changed and they started predicting the comeback.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
(01-15-2023, 01:40 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I don't watch the chargers often, but after watching last night's game I'm left wondering if Herbert actually is such a great QB.

In the two games against us he looked like a guy that can make highlight throws, but isn't in the Trevor/Burrow/Allen/Mahomes conversation.
That's always been the knock on him. He's a better Bortles.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
I'll take delight in our success, but not in the misery of the Chargers fans (except the ones who trash talked). They're long suffering too, and I have nothing against them (except when they play us.)
(01-15-2023, 02:37 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take delight in our success, but not in the misery of the Chargers fans (except the ones who trash talked). They're long suffering too, and I have nothing against them (except when they play us.)

The thing is that there are no Chargers fans anymore.

They were San Diego, and then the Owner betrayed the fans.

The LA Charger fans are not real fans, man.  

It's like if the Jaguars moved to London...  And then there were semi-soft fans in London being kinda bummed out about a loss that they really don't care about.  

Naw, man.  There is not Charger fan base.  It's just a bunch of LA losers they are too dumb to figure out what team to really support.
(01-15-2023, 03:02 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 02:37 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take delight in our success, but not in the misery of the Chargers fans (except the ones who trash talked). They're long suffering too, and I have nothing against them (except when they play us.)

The thing is that there are no Chargers fans anymore.

It's like if the Jaguars moved to London...  And then there were semi-soft fans in London being kinda bummed out about a loss that they really don't care about.  

Naw, man.  There is not Charger fan base.  It's just a bunch of LA losers they are too dumb to figure out what team to really support.

I agree. The Chargers were a San Diego team in every aspect of their identity. Without having to look it up, I believe it was a stadium deal which caused their relocation. Still a bad move. Moving to LA did that franchise no favors besides a better stadium.
(01-15-2023, 01:40 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]I don't watch the chargers often, but after watching last night's game I'm left wondering if Herbert actually is such a great QB.

Its Staley
That team/franchise has no identity
I think Spanos was counting on, and which to a certain extent has materialized, that the Chargers SD-based fanbase would come back around to still half heartedly supporting the team due to lack of an alternative. At the end of the day, LA is only a few hours up the highway from San Dog. That's not much further away than the 49ers are from San Fran these days. 

That says a lot though doesn't it? They're still relying on the San Diegans who just can't let go as the primary fan base for a team in *Los Angeles*. Just an embarrassing situation all around.
(01-15-2023, 03:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 03:02 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is that there are no Chargers fans anymore.

I agree. The Chargers were a San Diego team in every aspect of their identity. Without having to look it up, I believe it was a stadium deal which caused their relocation. Still a bad move. Moving to LA did that franchise no favors besides a better stadium.

No, you're absolutely right.  The Chargers owner was pushing for a new stadium deal, and the city voted against it.  So, instead of continuing to negotiate, he blew the whole thing up.  

This is why you never should let a billionaire control anything all on his own. They are rash, they are impulsive, and they are out of touch with their product.  

We lucked out with Shad, but we also had Weaver that forced his had to stay.  

There has to be a PhD level economic disertation regarding the SD owner's stupidity versus Shad Khan's management.  I'm too hung over to begin the analysis.  But I'm buzzed enough to know there is a great story there...
(01-15-2023, 03:12 PM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]

Its Staley
That team/franchise has no identity

He's not as good as Pederson, but he's not completely horrible. They had the right gameplan at the start of the game, anticipating what the Jaguars would try to do, but in the end, once the Jaguars made the adjustments, we started dominating them with (I believe) lesser overall roster talent.

The whole game reminds me of a sports focused anime I saw a long time ago where one guy had a great gameplan to make the other guy play to his weaknesses, and talked some [BLEEP] about it while they were facing off.

Then suddenly the plan stopped working for a few plays in a row and the other guy smiled and told him he had actually been playing to his strength the whole time, and that he had just been toying with him for fun. He then proceeded to come back and win the match in dominating fashion.

The chargers thought sitting on short routes would stop Trevor's strength, but Trevor actually wants to throw down the field, and is good at it. The reason Trevor throws so many short passes is because most teams focus on not letting Trevor throw over them, and try to make us have long drives.
I remember reading an excellent ESPN article about the whole LA move. Basically Kroenke and Jerry Jones wanted an NFL team in LA and Kroenke wanted to build a new stadium but he wanted a 2nd team to move aswell to help him recover the costs of the stadium. The league had a ridiculous vote where they were basically coming up with ideas on the fly and the Raiders were willing to move to LA but Kroenke didn't want them as he knew they would be the more popular team.

Spanos had a years long battle with San Diego to finance a new stadium but they wouldn't so he put the Chargers up as the 2nd team and Kroenke accepted. They completely screwed the San Diego fans and just expected them to travel the distance but the Chargers couldn't even sell out the 20,000 capacity soccer stadium in LA they played at for a year before the stadium was completed.

The craziest thing was once the Raiders moved to Las Vegas they sold more season tickets in LA than the Rams or Chargers did!

The San Diego Chargers fans got completely screwed by the owners but the current LA Chargers fans seem to be LA fans supporting whatever team of the Rams or Chargers are doing better.

Dan Fouts 2.0. Mind boggling numbers when it's loose and easy early; but once it starts getting tough and tight late...That can work for games as a singular or seasons as a whole
(01-15-2023, 03:42 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: [ -> ]

Dan Fouts 2.0. Mind boggling numbers when it's loose and easy early; but once it starts getting tough and tight late...That can work for games as a singular or seasons as a whole

Dak Prescott
[Image: giphy.gif]