Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Divisional Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Let's talk scenarios. All of us know that likely it will be the Chiefs. However, if by some miracle the Bills and Bengals lose today, we get a home game again! 

Barring that, what scenario do you want to play out today and who would you want to play for our next game?
Bills and the Bengals both losing? Hey at this point we’re playing with house money, dream big…
i think we end up in KC, both Mia and Balt are missing there QBs but if i had to choose i would rather go to Buf or KC than CIN. either way play jaguar football and we stand a chance in any game.
I don't care who we play, as long as our last game of the season is against an NFC opponent.
If the Ravens win tonight we play the Bills. Bengals win we play the Chiefs.
(01-15-2023, 03:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care who we play, as long as our last game of the season is against an NFC opponent.

Yes
(01-15-2023, 06:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]If the Ravens win tonight we play the Bills. Bengals win we play the Chiefs.

Easiest opponent is probably the Bills. Give me the Chiefs, though. There is no team this Jaguars team can't beat.
I'm hoping Baltimore beats Cincy. As it stands now, we'd go to Buffalo and Baltimore goes to KC. If the Jags and ravens win those games, the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP is at the Bank. I can hope and dream.
(01-15-2023, 07:05 PM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 06:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]If the Ravens win tonight we play the Bills. Bengals win we play the Chiefs.

Easiest opponent is probably the Bills. Give me the Chiefs, though. There is no team this Jaguars team can't beat.

We have to figure out how to slow down Kelce on defense and on offense we have to find a way to block Chris Jones
Whoever was blocking Bosa last nite, turn him loose on Jones.
(01-15-2023, 07:27 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Whoever was blocking Bosa last nite, turn him loose on Jones.

Only if Jones was rushing from the edge
(01-15-2023, 07:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 07:05 PM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]Easiest opponent is probably the Bills. Give me the Chiefs, though. There is no team this Jaguars team can't beat.

We have to figure out how to slow down Kelce on defense and on offense we have to find a way to block Chris Jones
That’s pretty much what everyone has been trying to do and nothing works. But you’re right, if they can somehow figure that out and make Juju/Toney/Watson beat them, that’s a good thing.

I’m sneakily worried about McKinnon. He has a ton of receiving TDS for an RB.
(01-15-2023, 07:27 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Whoever was blocking Bosa last nite, turn him loose on Jones.

They'll move Jones around and let him feast on Fortner and Shatley, neither of whom are up to that challenge.  

It's a major concern IMO.
Both teams will be tough to beat. Bills would probably be a better match up, but we'll continue to be the underdogs regardless of where we go from here on out. This team is confident, they're riding high and we're playing on house money. Nobody expected us to be here.

Win or lose next weekend, the future is finally looking up for this franchise. We finally have the two most important pieces of the puzzle. The QB and the HC.
Hopefully we get a good timeslot
(01-15-2023, 07:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 07:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]We have to figure out how to slow down Kelce on defense and on offense we have to find a way to block Chris Jones
That’s pretty much what everyone has been trying to do and nothing works. But you’re right, if they can somehow figure that out and make Juju/Toney/Watson beat them, that’s a good thing.

I’m sneakily worried about McKinnon. He has a ton of receiving TDS for an RB.
Ekeler was your biggest concern as well and thought Lloyd was going to get torched.  He had a whole 2 catches for 8 yrds.  Our defense is 2nd in the league against covering RBs out of the backfield.  TEs is where we have had our biggest problems and we will likely be playing the best.  McKinnon has been really good this last month or so but backs haven't really been a problem for this defense
(01-15-2023, 08:51 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully we get a good timeslot

If Cincinnati wins we’ll almost certainly get the early game against KC on either day.  Each day will have one conference game for each conference and if I’m not mistaken they alternate which conference gets the early and late games.  Just can’t imagine cincy/buffalo not being the late game on whatever day it’s scheduled assuming cincy wins today.
A few posters said the Jaguars were playing with house money last night. I didn't agree. Considering the game was in Jacksonville, and the Jags had beaten the Chargers earlier, I expected a win. I felt like that was the way the storyline needed to go.
This week, I get that "house money" feeling. I definitely want them to play to win, I definitely think they can win. But at this point my expectations for 2022 have been totally met and I'll be able to put a loss in the rear view mirror pretty quickly.
(01-15-2023, 09:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 08:51 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully we get a good timeslot

If Cincinnati wins we’ll almost certainly get the early game against KC on either day.  Each day will have one conference game for each conference and if I’m not mistaken they alternate which conference gets the early and late games.  Just can’t imagine cincy/buffalo not being the late game on whatever day it’s scheduled assuming cincy wins today.

To add, the league won’t make the Dallas/TB winner play on Saturday next week because that would be an extremely short week for them. 

Whoever wins that gets San Fran almost certainly on Sunday, so that is probably the late game especially since it’s hosted on the west coast. So I think the AFC will get the Saturday night game and the early Sunday game.
(01-15-2023, 11:26 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 09:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]If Cincinnati wins we’ll almost certainly get the early game against KC on either day.  Each day will have one conference game for each conference and if I’m not mistaken they alternate which conference gets the early and late games.  Just can’t imagine cincy/buffalo not being the late game on whatever day it’s scheduled assuming cincy wins today.

To add, the league won’t make the Dallas/TB winner play on Saturday next week because that would be an extremely short week for them. 

Whoever wins that gets San Fran almost certainly on Sunday, so that is probably the late game especially since it’s hosted on the west coast. So I think the AFC will get the Saturday night game and the early Sunday game.

I think KC will host Saturday night and BUF will host Sunday 1pm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5