Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Was that the greatest win in Jaguars history?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was debating this with some of my friends. It is hard to argue against. This season has been a true Cinderella tale that matches the 1996 IMO.  We have seen some tremendous Jaguar comebacks this year but this is in a whole new league.  Coming back from 27-0 late in the second Quarter to seal the primetime Jaguar playoff win is simply huge. The Jagaurs have now won 6 straight. Seeing Lawrence transform from Hyde into Jekley in the second half was also simply amazing to watch.  Ripping off Touchdown drive after Touchdown drive while watching the Chargers hearts sinks was just deliteful.  Looking back at the Upset in Buffalo in 96, the upset in denver in 96, the Marino 62 point massacre, the Morton Anderson Miss, this just trumps them all in my opinion.  Overcoming that kind of adversity against a more talent team just is amazing. Do you agree or believe another game trumps this?
Considering that we are the only team to win after 5 turnovers in a playoff game and being down 27. This could almost be the biggest comeback in history considering we got zero turnovers.
Since I've started following this team 100%

My reaction to the fg was delayed as I thought it went wide and I was worried about the flag lol
In short. Yes.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Yes, it was a delivery vehicle to begin the legend that is Trevor Lawrence in the minds of the nation.
It's close between this one and the 96' Denver victory, only because we were given zero chance to win in Mile High against the SB favorite. But in terms of winning a game that was close to statistically impossible to win being down 27 - 0 with a TO margin of 0 to 5, this one is up there. The Denver game also got us to the championship game, so there's that.
The ‘96 Denver game was the best. The ‘96 Bills game is 2nd, followed by the Chargers game.
I still think 96 broncos. Don't forget how good that Broncos team was. That team was stacked. Won the next two super bowls in 97 and 98. Might have been three in a row if we hadn't upset them. Was somewhat controversial as they had clinched home field so early in 96 they began resting some of their starters three weeks out. We were such a huge underdog. And it was such a close game throughout. Is still one of the biggest upsets in playoff history. Will be hard to beat that game outside of winning super bowl.
The '96 games were probably better. Because they weren't supposed to win either and scrapped and scraped the whole way.
But I can't think of a better game ever being played in Jacksonville.
Its has to be Top 3

So far, the wins during the 96 season, when the Jags were just fresh as an expansion team and the ultimate underdog are the reason why a lot of us core Jaguar fans are here and so passionate about this team.
A QB that can't throw spirals dueling, matching and surpassing Big Ben is top 5 as well but.... last night was special as heck.
It is, at the least, the greatest Jaguars win of the Khan Era.
The greatest win in Jags history may end up being a jets win
Can I give a shout out to that 2007 season when the Jags upset the Steelers at Heinz field? I can? Good!

This win against the Chargers was even better. Not just the comeback, but going for 2 with the idea that a field goal wins it. Then making the defensive stop, then making the drive, converting a crucial 4th down with an unconventional run scheme. And done 5 years removed from our last playoff run, continuing the winning streak.

We've had some special games, but I think Saturday night eclipses them.
This one is way up there. Only one that might be better, imo, is the Miami playoff game. That one was pure domination from start to finish. This one was historical blunders followed by historical comeback...... Kind of a toss up.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
(01-15-2023, 10:50 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: [ -> ]The greatest win in Jags history may end up being a jets win

There's something to be said to that. Without the Jets win, we have Zach Wilson.
Yeah can’t say it’s #1 for sure but, it’s very much near there.
If the Jaguars make the Super Bowl this year, the Chargers game will go straight to the top as the best Jaguars game of all time.
(01-15-2023, 11:36 PM)Sibelius Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 10:50 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: [ -> ]The greatest win in Jags history may end up being a jets win

There's something to be said to that. Without the Jets win, we have Zach Wilson.

[Image: stinky-clint-eastwood.gif]
Pages: 1 2