Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFF Grades against Chargers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1f02py8q2aca1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a...36b58ae33e]

Seeing Lawrence still grade out near positive after throwing 4 ints is amazing.  I disagree with the Walker Little score.

[Image: b4cvruht2aca1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a...e11ace55a0]

Josh Allen has been that dude for the last few weeks. Lloyd had a great game. Lloyd I feel is so bipolar from week to week.   I totally disagree with the Travon Walker grade. He was pushing that pocket plently last night.
PFF is a good general guide, but I place too much stock in their individual grades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put zero stock into PFF grades. In order to properly grade film, you have to know what the players actual assignment is on a given play. They dont know the blocking scheme and if an OL pancakes a DT instead of climbing to the backer its really a missed assignment but you have to know responsibilities when grading or its just a guess.
They knocked travon for coverage.
Defense as a whole was not that great. Allen and Walker aren't making a big impact. We have to get on the QB a lot more often. An interior rush is also lacking. We should be sitting on the short routes better. Copy what the Chargers did to us, we have to be physical with KC"s receivers.
(01-15-2023, 08:44 PM)ClemsonJag Wrote: [ -> ]I put zero stock into PFF grades. In order to properly grade film, you have to know what the players actual assignment is on a given play. They dont know the blocking scheme and if an OL pancakes a DT instead of climbing to the backer its really a missed assignment but you have to know responsibilities when grading or its just a guess.

This
If we hold KC below 27 points, I give them all 100's.

We haven't applied enough pressure for a playoff defense.
Ref. the Little vs Mack thread, Little gave up zero pressures on 55 dropbacks, yet his passblock grade is only 62,2?