Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3 Jags in ESPN 2022 Top 100
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider...alen-hurts

8. Lawrence 
49. Campbell
90. Etienne
Oluokun wuz robbed
8. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jaguars
Lawrence's numbers don't jump off the page, but I'm partial to the notion that Lawrence carried an offense without a ton of help. The Jaguars ranked 31st in pass block win rate, for example. Kevin Cole illustrates the point quite well with his adjusted quarterback efficiency, which also notes that Lawrence played with a group of receivers that were subpar at getting open, per our Receiver Tracking Metrics, and had a high rate of drops.

I agree with him here. We need more help at receiver and O line.
(01-17-2023, 03:30 PM)cat bells Wrote: [ -> ]Oluokun wuz robbed

As The NFL's leading tackler, yes he was.
I couldn't care less about what some rat-brained fairytale media group has to say about the team I support. Just win, baby.
(01-17-2023, 03:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]8. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jaguars
Lawrence's numbers don't jump off the page, but I'm partial to the notion that Lawrence carried an offense without a ton of help. The Jaguars ranked 31st in pass block win rate, for example. Kevin Cole illustrates the point quite well with his adjusted quarterback efficiency, which also notes that Lawrence played with a group of receivers that were subpar at getting open, per our Receiver Tracking Metrics, and had a high rate of drops.

I agree with him here. We need more help at receiver and O line.

I think it's impressive. Not just for Lawrence, but, the entire team with what they've done offensively. Don't forget. This is Kirk, Zay and Engram's first year here in a new system with a new Quarterback. Despite what this analysis says or that analysis says. They're all having career years here. 

A rookie center. A revolving door at LG. A rotation at LT due to injury. That's not an easy thing to work with. The best part though is that most of these guys will be and should be back next season with even more chemistry and continuity established. That's the [BLEEP] scary part that people seem to forget about. 

Going 9 - 8 and winning the way in which they've essentially won out now? Holy [BLEEP]. Watch out!
How in the hell didn’t Oluokun make the list? He led the entire league in tackles.
(01-17-2023, 04:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]How in the hell didn’t Oluokun make the list? He led the entire league in tackles.

Tackling doesn't drive FF, Vegas, and analytics. Ya know, dork [BLEEP].
(01-17-2023, 03:30 PM)cat bells Wrote: [ -> ]Oluokun wuz robbed

Absolutely. Dude is the most prolific tackler in the league and in many ways is the heart and soul of the defense. But it's ESPN so who cares.
No one cares about the Jags. Even this year, as far as we’ve gone, because they’re expecting another collapse just like after 2017.

We will get accolades only when we start winning consistently.
(01-18-2023, 11:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]No one cares about the Jags. Even this year, as far as we’ve gone, because they’re expecting another collapse just like after 2017.

We will get accolades only when we start winning consistently.

That's on the horizon. As long as trevor is here and healthy we should be competing for the playoffs annually moving forward.
#8 overall in the league? That's pretty amazing
(01-18-2023, 12:47 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2023, 04:52 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]How in the hell didn’t Oluokun make the list? He led the entire league in tackles.

Tackling doesn't drive FF, Vegas, and analytics. Ya know, dork [BLEEP].

Top 100 ain’t based on ff. Right back on ya
A high number of tackles could mean a lot of things. That the opponent's offense is picking on you. That your team's offense has a lot of three and outs and gives up lots of first downs. Kirk Morrison had a lot of tackles when he was here. And those defenses were pretty bad those years.
(01-19-2023, 07:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]A high number of tackles could mean a lot of things.  That the opponent's offense is picking on you.  That your team's offense has a lot of three and outs and gives up lots of first downs.  Kirk Morrison had a lot of tackles when he was here.  And those defenses were pretty bad those years.

Real question: 

Have you watched a Jaguars football game this season?

Because it seems like you're trying to denigrate the play of Oluokun. 

If you watched Jaguars football games this year, it is highly unlikely you would do that.
I don't know how they get their stats, because Kirk, Jones, Jones, and Engram is not a bad set of WR's and TE's to throw too. Lots of speed and athleticism.
(01-19-2023, 07:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2023, 07:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]A high number of tackles could mean a lot of things.  That the opponent's offense is picking on you.  That your team's offense has a lot of three and outs and gives up lots of first downs.  Kirk Morrison had a lot of tackles when he was here.  And those defenses were pretty bad those years.

Real question: 

Have you watched a Jaguars football game this season?

Because it seems like you're trying to denigrate the play of Oluokun. 

If you watched Jaguars football games this year, it is highly unlikely you would do that.

Watched em all.  I've been pleased with Oluokun, but I'm not surprised he didn't end up on the top 100 list.  Top 200, sure.  Compare him with other tackling machines that didn't light up other stat categories.  Poz, Telvin, Mike Pete.  Those guys didn't make top 100 lists either.

A high number of tackles isn't an end all be all star but when a player has this stat on more than one defense, it's a trend. Also, just watching him play it's clear he's very important to this defense. Maybe the most important piece.
I'm still trying to figure out when this team went from a green-ish teal to a blue-ish teal..

I mean, I've noticed it the past season or so, just never really thought about it much until recently.
(01-20-2023, 01:12 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still trying to figure out when this team went from a green-ish teal to a blue-ish teal..

I mean, I've noticed it the past season or so, just never really thought about it much until recently.

This guy is asking the real questions. Why can’t we just have the jerseys from 1996. Team colors be like:
Pages: 1 2