Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The DuvalPride Player Of The Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gd'ay all.

Ive accumulated all the votes across all 18 rounds for all the players.

i would like to thank everyone who has participated and contributed, means alot  Big Grin

anyways without further adieu , the winner of the 2022/2023 Jaguars forum player of the year and the recievier of the Fred Taylor medal.

Goes to None other than TREVOR LAWRENCE, who accumulated a whopping 204 points across the 18 rounds

The top 5 are as follows.

Trevor  204
ETN      86
Kirk      52
Allen      47
Engram  39

thanks once again for contributing  Cool
Josh Allen got more votes than Engram? Fraud.
(01-17-2023, 10:08 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Allen got more votes than Engram?  Fraud.

Some weeks more people voted and some weeks there were less

Overall tho I believe Lawrence won the most weeks
Josh Allen is more important to our team than Evan engram.
(01-17-2023, 10:48 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Allen is more important to our team than Evan engram.

At this point, nope. Engram has played a critical role in the resurgence of the offense. Allen is a good player and has been more effective as of late but not as important overall.
(01-18-2023, 11:12 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2023, 10:48 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Allen is more important to our team than Evan engram.

At this point, nope. Engram has played a critical role in the resurgence of the offense. Allen is a good player and has been more effective as of late but not as important overall.

He is far and away our best pass rusher. Without him we'd get almost no pressure. Engram has been awesome but we have other players in the pass game just as important.
Oluokun. He's been a rock, leading the NFL in tackles and dealing with several rookies in the LB corps (Lloyd, Muma, Walker) he got everyone lined up correctly constantly.

(01-18-2023, 11:12 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]

They're both equally important as both have played relatively well down the stretch. Allen has made some key plays on defense when the offense faltered and Engram just straight up took over drives and willed the offense into a first down or out of bounds to preserve time on the clock.

Wouldn't waste my time getting into a dick measuring contest. LOL. Both guys are equally valuable to this team's success. In fairness. Both were laying dormant for awhile. Both have awaken like giants from their slumber. That's all that counts.
(01-18-2023, 03:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]

(01-18-2023, 11:12 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]At this point, nope. Engram has played a critical role in the resurgence of the offense. Allen is a good player and has been more effective as of late but not as important overall.

They're both equally important as both have played relatively well down the stretch. Allen has made some key plays on defense when the offense faltered and Engram just straight up took over drives and willed the offense into a first down or out of bounds to preserve time on the clock.

Wouldn't waste my time getting into a dick measuring contest. LOL. Both guys are equally valuable to this team's success. In fairness. Both were laying dormant for awhile. Both have awaken like giants from their slumber. That's all that counts.

Make no mistake, I'm not knocking Josh but Engram is one of the top pass catching TEs in the business and should be in the pro-bowl. I'm not sure Allen is one of the best LBs in the business but he's made some important plays down the stretch.
As someone who voted for tyson campbell a lot, we snubbed him. Hes been one of our best players
Wait. Dewey didn't get an honorable mention?

Travesty! Blasphemy! I shall jump off the Modis building! (The next time I'm in Jax)

I've had too much caffeine today. Lol
My top 5 jags of 2022:

Trevor Lawrence
Tyson Campbell
Christian Kirk
ETN
Foye Oloukun

Evan Engram being my honorable mention, the reason he barely missed out for me is because foye has been good all season and engram came on strong late But hes definitely an integral part pf this team.
Waffle House
(01-18-2023, 04:00 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Waffle House

This is the way. Especially that one girl who caught a chair in mid air
There have been more impactful players over the course of our season and he'll never win this in a million years ... 

But if it ever came down to which player simply does his own job to the highest level I'd like to strike a vote for Logan Cooke
(01-18-2023, 04:08 PM)cat bells Wrote: [ -> ]There have been more impactful players over the course of our season and he'll never win this in a million years ... 

But if it ever came down to which player simply does his own job to the highest level I'd like to strike a vote for Logan Cooke

+1
(01-18-2023, 04:08 PM)cat bells Wrote: [ -> ]There have been more impactful players over the course of our season and he'll never win this in a million years ... 

Here's rhe funnt thing

On the weeks we lost, e.g.that Eagles game, lions etc

It was Cooke and Patterson who consistently lead the votes
(01-18-2023, 03:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]As someone who voted for tyson campbell a lot, we snubbed him. Hes been one of our best players

Campbell's so good at his job that you forget he's even on the roster. Nobody really tries to test him out there and he doesn't get many opportunities at INT's.

Agreed. I honestly feel he's the reason we won that game back in week 18. We did nothing offensively. It was all defense and mostly Cooke pinning them back inside the 15, 10 yard line that made it easier for the defense to scheme. 

Agnew as well. For taking everything out of the endzone and trying to make a play or set this offense up with tremendous field position. Both of these guys are going to more than likely play a pivotal role against the Chiefs.

I am willing to wager that Agnew at least takes one kick return or one punt return over the 50 yard line to flip the field. I don't know if he'll score a TD so to speak but I could see him getting us good field position on a series when we need it.

I am also willing to wager that Cooke, at some point, ends up booting one that ends up inside the 5 yard line for the Chiefs to start. It's going to happen and it HAS to happen if I am being honest.