Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can somebody please tell me why Chargers DE Bosa is suddenly being treated by the media as if he is some sort of authority on referee abuses , partiality and bias?

A call does not go his way in Saturday's game, he says something to the refs that gets the ref charged up enough to chase after him, Bosa does not bak down, gets a flag that cost the Chargers a yard and a point (which turns out to be the difference in the game), has a helmet throwing tantrum on the sideline, then, after the game is over, goes on this wildly speculative conspiracy theory on what the refs talk about after the game, etc.

After this, somehow he's a sympathetic figure?!?

Did I miss something?  Was the play that was allowed because of the non call a 31 point play?

Zay Jones was mugged on key pass routes, one led to an INT, the other negated a 2 point conversion.  You didn't see Zay Jones throw his helmet, and if you did, you wouldn't have seen him portrayed as some sort of sympathetic figure for such an unhinged and out of control rant.

I'm not saying Bosa had no reason to be mad after the game.  I would, however, recommend more deserving recipients of his ire.

Justin Herbert, he of the one TD pass.

Joe Lombardi, Chargers OC (former as of today), who called all of 8 Chargers running plays in the second half despite having a 20 point lead.

The defense, who, except for Samuel, had a collective no show in the second half, the half where the  Jaguars erased the 27 point deficit.

Their kicker, who missed the potential gme clinching FG.

Last but not least, Bosa himself deserved his own ire, since he played and had ZERO positive impact on the game for the Chargers.  You could have picked any poster from this board at random, and they all had as much impact on the game as Bosa.

Yes from a fan' perspective, the officiating was bad.  But for Bosa to blame the refs for the loss given all of the failures outlined above is silly.
Bosa is being a child, he got held just as much as walker gets held and got pissy cause his team lost and he feels singled out. He had two unsportsmanlike penalties in this game and cost them the game on three plays, the helmet throwing, the swearing and the offside that brought a sack back.

I can't remember who said it but they said once you become a issue which he was to them with swearing at them they will look for something to call on you. So best to just shut up and play or they will call fouls on you just cause they can.
I just chalked it up to Bosa being a [BLEEP]. He lined up offside. Rarely called but they called it. Officiating sucked all night. 1st quarter, many in the game thread were calling it a fix. After the comebacks we’ve seen and watching the Jags come back, I still can’t argue the notion of such. But, hey, you cause a penalty, suck it up and get better. Bosa doesn’t strike me as the smartest man in football. More Braun than brains.
He's a buckeye.. He learned to whine from O-Cry-O State University.

Earned his degree in it.
It's the Roids that make him irresistible.
Jags did not get any home cooking. Most calls went against us until late in the game.
He is a prick, his brother is a prick, his parents are probably pricks too. Simple.
(01-17-2023, 09:09 PM)Butters Wrote: [ -> ]He is a prick, his brother is a prick, his parents are probably pricks too. Simple.

It runs in his family.

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/2019/10...r-mnf.html
(01-17-2023, 09:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2023, 09:09 PM)Butters Wrote: [ -> ]He is a prick, his brother is a prick, his parents are probably pricks too. Simple.

It runs in his family.

There ya go! Lol
The Bosa Bro's: Dumb and Dumber.
(01-17-2023, 08:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]He's a buckeye.. He learned to whine from O-Cry-O State University.

Earned his degree in it.

THE O-Cry-O State University

Coached up from the head ball coach.
(01-17-2023, 09:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]

It runs in his family.

Glad you posted that.

Had I done so, I would have been painted as a troublemaker again.

The races of the particulars involved-the T that shut him down for most of the game, the official that called the penalty/did not call the penalties Bosa wanted him to call and Bosa himself-did not escape my notice.
So his brother’s views, unrelated to football, are sufficient to condemn him?

What a world we live in.
(01-18-2023, 08:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]So his brother’s views, unrelated to football, are sufficient to condemn him?

What a world we live in.

First thing I thought of when I read this yesterday, just didn't waste the energy.
I get Bosa's frustrations. I really do. I watched the game. I try to be fair. There was a lot of nonsense they got away with in the 1st half, quite a few that lead to turnovers and points and in the second half, it looks like the calls started going our way to make up for it all.

Regarding Lombardi and the lack of run calls? Go look at the box score. They couldn't run it. Ekeler - 13 for 35 / Kelly - 7 for 20. Herbert couldn't get it done. Despite being spotted 27 points in the 1st half with the help of the stripes. They deserved to lose this game. I don't think ALL of it needs to be put on Lombardi.

Let's flip the coin on that. How is it that Staley, a defensive minded coach, has his star player on defense loose his cool? Have his defense squander what was honestly one of the greatest defensive efforts you could have asked for in one half of football? They collapsed. They couldn't adjust. They couldn't get us off the field. In the 2nd half we had 5 possessions. We scored TD-TD-TD-TD-FG all in a row to win that game.

That's on the Headcoach. Not Lombardi. Also, let's look at the fact that Staley got Mike Williams completely hurt in a meaningless week 18 game and also that he managed to get Bosa hurt and tweaked a bit. There's a reason Bosa struggled. Dude was battling through a hamstring or groin injury I believe. So, again. I get it.

Plenty of blame to go around. The way Bosa was acting in the 2nd half was exactly how I was losing my [BLEEP] mind in the 1st half when our offense was getting robbed downfield. However. I am not a multi million dollar athlete that has an entire team depending on me with multiple cameras on me and refs looking at me.

That's on coaching as well. Keep your guys cool. Keep your guys collected. Said it earlier this week or last week somewhere. Your team is a reflection, an extension of your headcoach and coaching staff. I only see Doug getting fired up when they make big plays. When they make mistakes? He's calm. He talks to his guys. He keeps their spirits up.

Staley gives off BAE. Bad Anxiety Energy. Staley has BAE. Pederson has BDE. It's obvious.
He smelled the loss coming
(01-17-2023, 07:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody please tell me why Chargers DE Bosa is suddenly being treated by the media as if he is some sort of authority on referee abuses , partiality and bias?

A call does not go his way in Saturday's game, he says something to the refs that gets the ref charged up enough to chase after him, Bosa does not bak down, gets a flag that cost the Chargers a yard and a point (which turns out to be the difference in the game), has a helmet throwing tantrum on the sideline, then, after the game is over, goes on this wildly speculative conspiracy theory on what the refs talk about after the game, etc.

Did I miss something?  Was the play that was allowed because of the non call a 31 point play?

Zay Jones was mugged on key pass routes, one led to an INT, the other negated a 2 point conversion.  You didn't see Zay Jones throw his helmet, and if you did, you wouldn't have seen him portrayed as some sort of sympathetic figure for such an unhinged and out of control rant.

I'm not saying Bosa had no reason to be mad after the game.  I would, however, recommend more deserving recipients of his ire.

Joe Lombardi, Chargers OC (former as of today), who called all of 8 Chargers running plays in the second half despite having a 20 point lead.

The defense, who, except for Samuel, had a collective no show in the second half, the half where the  Jaguars erased the 27 point deficit.

Last but not least, Bosa himself deserved his own ire, since he played and had ZERO positive impact on the game for the Chargers.  You could have picked any poster from this board at random, and they all had as much impact on the game as Bosa.

Yes from a fan' perspective, the officiating was bad.  But for Bosa to blame the refs for the loss given all of the failures outlined above is silly.

I was at the game.  Bosa has no basis to gripe.  He lined up off sides a lot of the night. His head was at the line with his hand across the line. He was not the only charger to do that. Also if you look at the ball moving as the center begins the snap and our tackle moving they appear to be the same.  (check it out for yourself)  He is frustrated because his defense  just choked big time on national TV. The calls favored the chargers all night.  (either that or the charger secondary were trying to date our receivers as they held hands as the routes were run) 

Also what about that flop Herbert pulled off?  It was a flop or maybe he needs a walker to keep from falling down.
(01-17-2023, 07:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody please tell me why Chargers DE Bosa is suddenly being treated by the media as if he is some sort of authority on referee abuses , partiality and bias?

He went to Ohio State. Them meatheads are the media's target audience Big Grin 

He was on tilt, and I loved every minute of it. You could say he probably cost them the game. We need Kelce to get just as emotional this week and shove a ref or something.
(01-18-2023, 03:14 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2023, 09:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]It runs in his family.

Glad you posted that.

Had I done so, I would have been painted as a troublemaker again.

The races of the particulars involved-the T that shut him down for most of the game, the official that called the penalty/did not call the penalties Bosa wanted him to call and Bosa himself-did not escape my notice.

I work from home, so I always have my TV on either ESPN or Fox Sports 1 just for sports talk in the back ground...  There was an interview with Joey Bosa and his nutritionist.  Dude, the way Joey Bosa speaks...  He was either born the stupidest/slowest mental person on earth, or he has CTE at a level never seen before.  The dude talks with a constant slow slurr....  It's rather off-putting to be honest...
(01-18-2023, 09:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I get Bosa's frustrations. I really do. I watched the game. I try to be fair. There was a lot of nonsense they got away with in the 1st half, quite a few that lead to turnovers and points and in the second half, it looks like the calls started going our way to make up for it all.

Regarding Lombardi and the lack of run calls? Go look at the box score. They couldn't run it. Ekeler - 13 for 35 / Kelly - 7 for 20. Herbert couldn't get it done. Despite being spotted 27 points in the 1st half with the help of the stripes. They deserved to lose this game. I don't think ALL of it needs to be put on Lombardi.

Let's flip the coin on that. How is it that Staley, a defensive minded coach, has his star player on defense loose his cool? Have his defense squander what was honestly one of the greatest defensive efforts you could have asked for in one half of football? They collapsed. They couldn't adjust. They couldn't get us off the field. In the 2nd half we had 5 possessions. We scored TD-TD-TD-TD-FG all in a row to win that game.

That's on the Headcoach. Not Lombardi. Also, let's look at the fact that Staley got Mike Williams completely hurt in a meaningless week 18 game and also that he managed to get Bosa hurt and tweaked a bit. There's a reason Bosa struggled. Dude was battling through a hamstring or groin injury I believe. So, again. I get it.

Plenty of blame to go around. The way Bosa was acting in the 2nd half was exactly how I was losing my [BLEEP] mind in the 1st half when our offense was getting robbed downfield. However. I am not a multi million dollar athlete that has an entire team depending on me with multiple cameras on me and refs looking at me.

That's on coaching as well. Keep your guys cool. Keep your guys collected. Said it earlier this week or last week somewhere. Your team is a reflection, an extension of your headcoach and coaching staff. I only see Doug getting fired up when they make big plays. When they make mistakes? He's calm. He talks to his guys. He keeps their spirits up.

Staley gives off BAE. Bad Anxiety Energy. Staley has BAE. Pederson has BDE. It's obvious.

He politely handed Bosa his helmet back which he then proceeded to slam to the ground again and then Staley did not immediately get in his face and tell him to sit his [BLEEP] down as he should have.  Not a good look.

It’s tough being the “boss” of people who many of whom make significantly more than you, but you have to assert yourself in that type of situation or any time your team is in a pickle and a guy or guys are losing their [BLEEP], you’re never gonna fight your way out of it.  You’re going to implode just like they did.
Pages: 1 2 3