Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Duval Proud
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a ride this season was. A season that could have gone very differently after the London game but ended up with a Divisional playoff game. Now I just want this to be a thread where we celebrate and talk about the positives of this season. Plenty of spaces on this forum to complain.

Firstly just got to say how proud I am of this team. The early season question was can they get on the winning side of these close games and we ended the season with great comebacks and fight from a Jags team we haven't seen for some time. Huge credit to Doug and his staff for achieving that so quickly.

Secondly, the emergence of Trevor Lawrence. The Lawrence debates dominated this site all year but there can be no doubt anymore that we have our guy. To see him grow into the leader of this team and everything about his game improving so much, its just been great to see.

Got more to add but its a long post already!

Go Jags. The future is Teal.
Winning season, bonus football..

Can't complain at all with how the season started..

Time to fine tune..
Simple next year. Super Bowl or Bust!!!!!!!!  yes this was a great season ,and ill make a video on that later on.
(01-21-2023, 09:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Winning season, bonus football..

Can't complain at all with how the season started..

Time to fine tune..

Absolutely. It will be nice not to have massive changes in the coaching department this off season and a bit of stability. I think Doug and his staff know what this team needs to add and will be telling Baalke. He's got a big offseason but got to credit the guy, most of his moves paid off this year. 

Improving the roster instead of rebuilding huge chunks will help too. I don't see any unit that needs multiple starters replacing but most can be improved with the right player.

(01-21-2023, 09:43 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Simple next year. Super Bowl or Bust!!!!!!!!  yes this was a great season ,and ill make a video on that later on.

Start saving for those tickets Wolfie!
(01-21-2023, 09:43 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]Simple next year. Super Bowl or Bust!!!!!!!!  yes this was a great season ,and ill make a video on that later on.

I agree. 2023 is Super Bowl run.
I feel like our effort in this game will be discredited because of Mahomes injury.. which, seems to always be the case when we play well. Either way we kept it close with the best in the conference twice this year.. counts for something in my book.
I really want to see the jags get to the Super Bowl. Next year’s schedule could be tougher looking at the opponents. The future is bright. We need to have a winning off season next.
(01-22-2023, 04:37 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]I really want to see the jags get to the Super Bowl. Next year’s schedule could be tougher looking at the opponents. The future is bright. We need to have a winning off season next.

if your a improveing team with a possbile bright furture you want to play the tougher teams. It will prepare you for the playoffs.
We'll have a first place schedule next year, so we have to get better. Then when playoff ball rolls around don't be making dumb mistakes (untimely penalties and turnovers).
(01-21-2023, 09:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ] Now I just want this to be a thread where we celebrate and talk about the positives of this season. 

clots: SCREWED (.500)
tinhorns: STREAK ENDED (.500)
tacks: BROOMED (1.000) HOW SWEET IT IS

AFC SOUTH: BENT THE KNEE

THE DIVISION RUNS THROUGH DUVAL, TAKE IT TO THE 'BANK

TREVOR LAWRENCE: THE PRINCE WHO WAS PROMISED, THE MAN OF THE 'HOUSE AND THE KING OF DA SOUF

ETIENNE: RECOVERED FROM  INJURY VERY WELL

PASS CORPS: THE TRIPLETS AND SCRAPPY ENGRAM. ALL CLOSE TO 1K YD SEASONS

DEFENSE: SCRAPPY AND IMPROVED. JELLED AS A UNIT DURING THE TOUGHEST STRETCH OF GAMES IN THE SEASON

DOUG PEDERSON: O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN, THE KHANS FOUND A GUY WITH SOME MCMAHON GRAPEFRUITS
(01-22-2023, 11:06 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]We'll have a first place schedule next year,  so we have to get better.  Then when playoff ball rolls around don't be making dumb mistakes (untimely penalties and turnovers).

This is what's really exciting to me.  I think if we can get 10 wins, win the AFC South with the schedule we have, we're gonna be in position to only play the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game.

That should be our goal next year...  Get to the 2nd or 3rd seed so we don't have to play the #1 seed untill the Championship game.

I think that would be signs that Baalke make great decisions in the offseason.
(01-22-2023, 11:22 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2023, 09:36 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ] Now I just want this to be a thread where we celebrate and talk about the positives of this season. 

clots: SCREWED (.500)
tinhorns: STREAK ENDED (.500)
tacks: BROOMED (1.000) HOW SWEET IT IS

AFC SOUTH: BENT THE KNEE

THE DIVISION RUNS THROUGH DUVAL, TAKE IT TO THE 'BANK

TREVOR LAWRENCE: THE PRINCE WHO WAS PROMISED, THE MAN OF THE 'HOUSE AND THE KING OF DA SOUF

ETIENNE: RECOVERED FROM  INJURY VERY WELL

PASS CORPS: THE TRIPLETS AND SCRAPPY ENGRAM. ALL CLOSE TO 1K YD SEASONS

DEFENSE: SCRAPPY AND IMPROVED. JELLED AS A UNIT DURING THE TOUGHEST STRETCH OF GAMES IN THE SEASON

DOUG PEDERSON: O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN, THE KHANS FOUND A GUY WITH SOME MCMAHON GRAPEFRUITS

Agreed. Winning the South feels big for this team and fans. Sets a new tone for the division and something for the players next season to maintain.

Etienne deserves a lot of praise. The linsfranc injury can be so hard for a RB to return from. I wasn't too happy when we traded Robinson to the Jets and was unsure if Etienne could carry a full workload but he proved my doubts wrong. His speed is such a weapon and I only see him getting better 

The WR group deserve praise too. Last season with Treadwell and Shenault was pure frustration with the drops and we needed to give Lawrence weapons and help. Full credit to Baalke for rolling the dice and getting guys in and they repaid those contracts. Add Ridley this offseason and we've turned that group around so quickly.
Going into the year, all I wanted was a team that was competitive every Sunday, and finished around .500. Well we got better than that AND some. I wasn't mad at all when we lost. I was just glad we made it that far. What an awesome season. I'll remember it forever. Hopefully we can build on it and compete again next year with an even better team!