Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Players of the Match vs Cheifs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We were competitive right up to the end  , very proud

Shoutout to Jamal Agnew, he balled out , looked dangerous every touch.. that fumble did hurt tho

Cooke also was a consistent star and etienne had some nice touches

Scherff goes into the naughty corner
(01-21-2023, 10:19 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]We were competitive right up to the end  , very proud

Shoutout to Jamal Agnew, he balled out , looked dangerous every touch.. that fumble did hurt tho

Cooke also was a consistent star and etienne had some nice touches

Scherff goes into the naughty corner

I can't give it to Agnew because that fumble was so crucial.
I can't give it to Kirk because that 60 yarder in his hands was such a massive missed opportunity.

My picks:

ETN was explosive. I think we should of gotten many more carries in a close game.

Both outside corners had a no fly zone going for the major majority of the game.

Josh Allen was getting consistent pressure

Trevor Lawrence played well despite the offensive line trying to get him killed. He has little time most of the game. A few times blockers just missed their assignment and got Lawrence lit up.  I do not think anyone on the line played well today.

Jenkins also had a few good hits that set the tone.
Game ball goes to the entire special teams unit that again excelled. Excellent returns and a punt that pinned KC to the 2 yard line.
How much will it cost vs save to get rid of Sherff?
(01-22-2023, 04:58 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]How much will it cost vs save to get rid of Sherff?

It would be a $23m dead cap hit next season. He isn't going anywhere.

$5m dead cap hit in 2024.
(01-22-2023, 04:58 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]How much will it cost vs save to get rid of Sherff?

Get Scherff healthy and stop having him babysit a struggling center and he'll be fine for another year. 
Get a stud LG in place on the other side of said struggling center and let Bartch be your primary back-up to both guard spots. 

Scherff played well before injury, and three of the free rushers he let go in the past weeks came while he was shading toward Fortner. Whether mental error, or just following his assignment, or some combination, improvement at Center and LG will help. 

Shatley and Fortner were worse than Scherff by a good margin in my estimation. 

Fix LG, give Fortner an offseason to get strong and learn a bit, and have better depth ready in the wings. That could be enough for now.  Probably not enough money or draft capital to do more in one offseason even though I'd love a backup plan at Center in case Fortner doesn't come along.
(01-22-2023, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Get Scherff healthy and stop having him babysit a struggling center and he'll be fine for another year. 
Get a stud LG in place on the other side of said struggling center and let Bartch be your primary back-up to both guard spots. 

Scherff played well before injury, and three of the free rushers he let go in the past weeks came while he was shading toward Fortner. Whether mental error, or just following his assignment, or some combination, improvement at Center and LG will help. 

Fix LG, give Fortner an offseason to get strong and learn a bit, and have better depth ready in the wings. That could be enough for now.  Probably not enough money or draft capital to do more in one offseason even though I'd love a backup plan at Center in case Fortner doesn't come along.

You really have it against Fortner, and I'm concerned why I don't now.  To me, I thought he's played well throughout the season. I don't see plays where I consistently think it's Fortner that's the problem on the Line...
(01-22-2023, 01:52 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2023, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Get Scherff healthy and stop having him babysit a struggling center and he'll be fine for another year. 

You really have it against Fortner, and I'm concerned why I don't now.  To me, I thought he's played well throughout the season.  I don't see plays where I consistently think it's Fortner that's the problem on the Line...

I'll make a thread on it with clips to illustrate my points later. 
I don't "have it against" the kid. I just see him letting guys past him frequently and quickly in every game. 
I hope he develops.
You really have it against Fortner, and I'm concerned why I don't now.  To me, I thought he's played well throughout the season.  I don't see plays where I consistently think it's Fortner that's the problem on the Line...
[/quote]

I don't "have it against" the kid. I just see him letting guys past him frequently and quickly in every game. 
I hope he develops.
[/quote]

This off-season is gonna be important.  Every game I watch, I feel like Fortner is doing enough...

But maybe I'm not looking at it properly.  

I look forward to your analysis.  For me, it looked like it was always the fact that we lost Bartch that was the issue, and that Shatley was the replacement.  That always felt like it was the hole in the line....  And, as you know, Sherff has been injured since at least December 22, when he got banged up against the Jets.
(01-22-2023, 02:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2023, 01:52 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]You really have it against Fortner, and I'm concerned why I don't now.  To me, I thought he's played well throughout the season.  I don't see plays where I consistently think it's Fortner that's the problem on the Line...

I hope he develops.

The guy the Scherff was supposed to pick up ran free at Trevor at least twice and both times Scherff was paying attention to Fortner which looked to be the reason he missed his assignment.  I’ll be interested in watching your cut ups, but this last game seems to already support your assertion
Jamal Agnew, Riley Patterson, and Logan Cooke had a great game. Agnew didn’t fumble in my book. Dude has so much speed and flipped the field so many times this year. Patterson made some big time kicks. Cooke killed that punt on the 1 inch line.

I like the way Lloyd played vs KC too. He got after it.

Btw, that Henne to Kelce TD was a straight up illegal pick. Muma got picked. That was a blown call.
(01-22-2023, 08:01 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Jamal Agnew, Riley Patterson, and Logan Cooke had a great game. Agnew didn’t fumble in my book. Dude has so much speed and flipped the field so many times this year. Patterson made some big time kicks. Cooke killed that punt on the 1 inch line.

I like the way Lloyd played vs KC too. He got after it.

Btw, that Henne to Kelce TD was a straight up illegal pick. Muma got picked. That was a blown call.

It wasn't.  Tirico immediately explained that it wasn't although it probably needed further commentary than what he gave it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabU_rMEacw
It’s a GAME not a match.
It was a pick the receiver didn’t even run a route. He went to block. Did they bust out the yard stick or something.
(01-22-2023, 11:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]It was a pick the receiver didn’t even run a route. He went to block. Did they bust out the yard stick or something.

Yes, it was a pick and it was a legal one by design.  One of the referees is responsible for paying attention to this.  The play started on the 1 yard line and the pick didn’t happen in the end zone where it would have been a foul. No measuring stick needed.

This play taking place on the 1 yard line is probably the easiest spot on the field to tell whether it was legal or not at a glance. Thank you for drawing attention to it though, because it caused me to look into the rules around it.
Btw that’s Reid for you. I can envision him coaching the player on that play whenever they installed it into the playbook and drilling into his head, “now, when you engage the defender with the pick here you CAN NOT BE IN THE END ZONE. Got it?”
(01-22-2023, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

On the free rusher plays Fortner didn't look like he needed help. It's either a mental error or by play design and either way not a good look for whoever is at fault. Could be Fortner if he called that protection I guess.
(01-22-2023, 11:34 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]It’s a GAME not a match.

It's the little subtle hints that give away their location..

Match
Colour
Defence
Humour

Doesn't bother me, just something ya pick out here and there..
NGL the season being over really only hit me today, now i'm depressed.. gonna miss watching our silly kitties every week.
(01-23-2023, 12:12 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2023, 11:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]It was a pick the receiver didn’t even run a route. He went to block. Did they bust out the yard stick or something.

Yes, it was a pick and it was a legal one by design.  One of the referees is responsible for paying attention to this.  The play started on the 1 yard line and the pick didn’t happen in the end zone where it would have been a foul. No measuring stick needed. 

This play taking place on the 1 yard line is probably the easiest spot on the field to tell whether it was legal or not at a glance.  Thank you for drawing attention to it though, because it caused me to look into the rules around it.

So does this mean if the ball is spotted 1 yard and a blade of grass, does that mean it’s still 1 yard or does it become 2 yards? Is an official trained to see what a yard is by eye balling it. Does the rule book clarify that if the ball is spotted at the 1 yard plus a nano-blade of grass that it is still considered 1 yard?

The score card says a 1 yard TD reception but was it exactly 1 yard? What if the ball is lined up a cm away from the goal line and they run a pick play, is it legal?
Pages: 1 2