Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lol .... Titans Promote Passing Game Coordinator to OC.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's about time.  Considering how well the Titans passing game has been, it was only a matter of time that their passing game coordinator (Tim Kelly) got promoted to OC.   

"I think what Tim is able to do is provide some familiarity and carry over to what we’re doing," Vrabel said.      ** Carry over what we're doing??? What, give the ball to Derrick Henry 30x per game?? ***

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/...882271007/
(02-08-2023, 12:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]It's about time.  Considering how well the Titans passing game has been, it was only a matter of time that their passing game coordinator (Tim Kelly) got promoted to OC.   

"I think what Tim is able to do is provide some familiarity and carry over to what we’re doing," Vrabel said.      ** Carry over what we're doing??? What, give the ball to Derrick Henry 30x per game?? ***

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/...882271007/

Laughing
They seem to love this hire....or not.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/45962...oc/page/2/

It's fun to see the tacks in free fall.
Love it, sounds like it will be a total train wreck.
Tanking for Caleb.
(02-08-2023, 01:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]They seem to love this hire....or not.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/45962...oc/page/2/

It's fun to see the tacks in free fall.

I like this post from the above link ...

"I'm not impressed, but if they fix the personnel issues with the OLine and receivers there should at least be improvement."

First of all, fixing issues with the OLine and receivers is pretty much 60% of the offense.  Oh wait, don't they also have a major QB issue, which represents ~ 20% of the offense.  So, based on that, they seem pretty secure with the remaining 20% of their offense which is their RB and TE.   Also, D Henry is not getting any younger and already has 2 billion carries in his career.  I don't see him maintaining that same level of play for more than another year or 2.
The tacks offensive future initially depends on what cuts they make this offseason to get under the cap.
Do they cut Robert Woods and Bud Dupree, or do they cut Tannehill?
Woods seems like a no brainer cut.

If I were Tim Kelly I'd probably want the GM to keep Tannehill, cut the other two plus any dead weight I could find and draft a WR early. Then build a play book that caters to what Tannehill has done well at as a game manager in the past.
Unless they really like a QB that will be there at 11, I'd try to get through this season with a proven game manager and look to draft one next year.

Their pass defense is bad and they'll need to steer attention there as well. They need starters from their first three picks and they need to trim enough roster and salary fat to add a free agent or two who can upgrade or compete to start at WR or one of their struggling secondary positions.

They probably won't replace AJ Brown's production this offseason, but they could build a mid-tier offense with what they have plus a rookie WR if they work it right.

I don't know their defensive scheme well enough to know what's wrong, but they can't give up 4700 yards and 29 TDs through the air and expect to compete for an AFC wildcard spot. And that type of defense certainly won't get them past the Jags for the division.
The Titans better fix their oline first if they want a chance at the playoffs next year.
(02-10-2023, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The Titans better fix their oline first if they want a chance at the playoffs next year.

They ended the year with three starting OL on IR and two backups there as well. 

Getting five starters on the field for most of the 17 games would be a good start.
(02-10-2023, 10:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 09:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The Titans better fix their oline first if they want a chance at the playoffs next year.

They ended the year with three starting OL on IR and two backups there as well. 

Getting five starters on the field for most of the 17 games would be a good start.
Yep, its a start but Lewan is likely to retire.  They need tackles regardless.
For me Derrick Henry's health still hangs over them like the sword of damocles. 
(02-12-2023, 05:49 PM)cat bells Wrote: [ -> ]

100% 

Until they revamp their passing attack to something viable, Henry's ever changing dynamic with injury and durability will make a major impact on their fate. 

They need him to have big performances more than they should for now.
(02-12-2023, 05:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

100% 

Until they revamp their passing attack to something viable, Henry's ever changing dynamic with injury and durability will make a major impact on their fate. 

Best thing for his health is to get out of Nashville, but I doubt that will happen.
(02-10-2023, 02:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2023, 10:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]They ended the year with three starting OL on IR and two backups there as well. 

Yep, its a start but Lewan is likely to retire.  They need tackles regardless.

Lewan has been trash once he tested positive for HGH.  Once he got off the juice, he was pretty much like Luke Joeckel.
(02-12-2023, 08:11 PM)Butters Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2023, 05:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]100% 

Best thing for his health is to get out of Nashville, but I doubt that will happen.

Getting out of Charlotte was certainly the best thing for McCaffrey's health. The Panthers were running him into the ground. He saw a lot of carries in SF but he wasn't getting his [BLEEP] handed to himself every game.
Am I the only one that isn't worried about Henry at all?

A running back with his style of play hits a wall and then never comes back. He can't catch passes and is so dependent on his Oline.

Henry is likely cooked in Tennesee and it wouldn't shock me to see him have a massive and quick decline.

Jags run the South.
(02-17-2023, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

A running back with his style of play hits a wall and then never comes back. He can't catch passes and is so dependent on his Oline.

Henry is likely cooked in Tennesee and it wouldn't shock me to see him have a massive and quick decline.

To be honest it was more just a general comment on the state of the 'titans' organisation and their recent lack of offensive balance, than necessarily being 'worried' about Henry. 

I'm not sure from a personal standpoint i get 'worried' about any player really so if agree with you there. Maybe it's an age thing but the older i get the more i realise it's not worth it. If we want to win it all we'll have to beat them all to do it anyways! As a white haired, silver tongues old sage once said... "If you want to be the man you've got to beat the man!"  Big Grin  

On Henry specifically, I know he obviously plays for a big rival but he's a player i have enjoyed watching (ahem ... Jags games and 99 yarders aside Wallbash ) Taking the fact that we'd happily take two wins over them every season out of it it would be difficult not to respect what he's done over the last few years. He's carried his team and done it with great style and as far as I'm aware conducted himself with a bit of class and decency. I think it's a shame he's never had a decent chance at a super bowl due to the fact he has played in such a lopsided offense. His career has deserved at least one good chance on a chiefs/bills/bengals/9ers standard roster. I'd agree with you he's probably not what he was but I think in the right offense he'd still  have significant success for another couple of years. 

It obviously wouldn't happen due to cost/cap but he'd be a damn useful on our current roster ... He wouldn't have to take the ball up 30 times a game, it would spell Ettiene, give us something extra in the run game and Trevor and Pedereson would probably be swinging from the chandeliers at the rpo options!

(02-17-2023, 05:20 PM)cat bells Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2023, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one that isn't worried about Henry at all?

To be honest it was more just a general comment on the state of the 'titans' organisation and their recent lack of offensive balance, than necessarily being 'worried' about Henry. 

I'm not sure from a personal standpoint i get 'worried' about any player really so id agree with you there. Maybe it's an age thing but the older i get the more i realise it's not worth it. If we want to win it all we'll have to beat them all to do it anyways! As a white haired, silver tongued old sage once said... "If you want to be the man you've got to beat the man!"  Big Grin  

On Henry specifically, I know he obviously plays for a big rival but he's a player i have enjoyed watching (ahem ... Jags games and 99 yarders aside Wallbash ) Taking the fact that we'd happily take two wins over them every season out of it it would be difficult not to respect what he's done over the last few years. He's carried his team and done it with great style and (as far as I'm aware) conducted himself with a bit of class and decency. I think it's a shame he's never had a decent chance at a super bowl due to the fact he has played in such a lopsided offense. His career has deserved at least one good chance on a chiefs/bills/bengals/9ers standard roster. I'd agree with you he's probably not what he was but I think in the right offense he'd still  have significant success for another couple of years. 

It obviously wouldn't happen due to cost/cap but he'd be a damn useful on our current roster ... He wouldn't have to take the ball up 30 times a game, it would spell Ettiene, give us something extra in the run game and Trevor and Pedereson would probably be swinging from the chandeliers at the rpo options!
Next season looking good for the Jags  Smile

not so good for the stinkin' tacks  Laughing
(02-17-2023, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

Jags run the South.

I've been saying this for a while too. It's starting to feel like talking about Brady being done those last few years in NE just for him to win another SB lol I'm staring to feel like Henry will never stop until he decides to
(02-20-2023, 12:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2023, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one that isn't worried about Henry at all?

Jags run the South.

I've been saying this for a while too. It's starting to feel like talking about Brady being done those last few years in NE just for him to win another SB lol I'm staring to feel like Henry will never stop until he decides to

Henry doesnt have the leverage or the winning history that Brady had that would allow him to choose to stay longer than his expiration date. Plus, RB's wear down faster. When they are wsahed, they are really washed.
Pages: 1 2