Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Beetlejuice disenfranchises voters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lori-li...r-not-vote

The most powerful official in America's third largest city orders those who plan to vote against her to not vote at all.

Mikesez to mansplain to us all that this is not disenfranchisement in five, four, three.....

[Spoiler alert: he'll mansplain to us that it's not disenfranchisement because disenfranchisement is racist and she's not racist because she's not white and only whites are racist and all whites are racist and she's not white so she's not a racist so it couldn't be disenfranchisement.  Only he'll use a lot more words.]
(02-22-2023, 10:37 AM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lori-li...r-not-vote

The most powerful official in America's third largest city orders those who plan to vote against her to not vote at all.

Mikesez to mansplain to us all that this is not disenfranchisement in five, four, three.....

[Spoiler alert: he'll mansplain to us that it's not disenfranchisement because disenfranchisement is racist and she's not racist because she's not white and only whites are racist and all whites are racist and she's not white so she's not a racist so it couldn't be disenfranchisement.  Only he'll use a lot more words.]

It's awfully nice of you to offer me that space in your head rent free, but I but I'd rather live somewhere else, thanks!
(02-22-2023, 12:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2023, 10:37 AM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lori-li...r-not-vote

It's awfully nice of you to offer me that space in your head rent free, but I but I'd rather live somewhere else, thanks!

Forever homeless lolol
What's wrong with telling people who aren't going to vote for you not to vote at all? I don't see anything wrong with it.

Wait --- there's something wrong with telling those who plan to vote against a candidate not to vote at all ??   

Seems like Fox has gone woke and needs their safe space.  Not going to lie, my dems occupy most of them but we can make some room for ya.
If you people would read the article you would see it was Lightfoot's opponents disparaging her for "damaging the democratic process" in telling people to not vote at all if they don't vote for her. She backtracked, of course.
(02-25-2023, 01:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]If you people would read the article you would see it was Lightfoot's opponents disparaging her for "damaging the democratic process" in telling people to not vote at all if they don't vote for her. She backtracked, of course.

I still don't see anything wrong with what she said.
(02-25-2023, 03:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2023, 01:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]If you people would read the article you would see it was Lightfoot's opponents disparaging her for "damaging the democratic process" in telling people to not vote at all if they don't vote for her. She backtracked, of course.

And I bet you were one of the one's whining about Trump's mean tweets.
(02-25-2023, 03:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2023, 03:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't see anything wrong with what she said.

And I bet you were one of the one's whining about Trump's mean tweets.

Huh?
Is there anything wrong with what Lightfoot said? Not really. If there was a recent history of voter intimidation that would be a problem, but AFAIK, there is not.
Would some left leaning idiot [BLEEP] and moan if a Republican had said the same thing Lightfoot said? Certainly. But if you [BLEEP] and moan about this, you're just a right wing idiot, in my book.
Does anyone really listen to what this "woman" has to say?

I read the article and responded accordingly.  Heck, if Trump idiotically told republican voters not to vote in the Georgia election, I sure as heck don't see anything wrong with a Dem or Rep candidate stating if you are not going to vote for me then don't vote for me.  Call me crazy but I think that's a lot more sensible than what Trump did.
If you are stupid enough to listen to anyone telling you not to vote, then you probably shouldnt be voting anyway because you are most likely clueless about the candidates, what they claim to stand for, and what side of the issues they come down on.
(02-25-2023, 03:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

She told people who weren't going to vote for her to not vote at all. Her opponents, also democrats, decided she was interfering with the voting process.

Whatever. I don't live there and I don't care. People who wait for politicians to tell them what to do are sheep and deserve who they get.

(02-25-2023, 07:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

I read the article and responded accordingly.  Heck, if Trump idiotically told republican voters not to vote in the Georgia election, I sure as heck don't see anything wrong with a Dem or Rep candidate stating if you are not going to vote for me then don't vote for me.  Call me crazy but I think that's a lot more sensible than what Trump did.

Why is Trump brought into every. damn. argument? Honestly it's absurd. 

I care about what he says as much as I do about what Barefoot says.
(02-26-2023, 11:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2023, 03:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't see anything wrong with what she said.

She told people who weren't going to vote for her to not vote at all. Her opponents, also democrats, decided she was interfering with the voting process.

Whatever. I don't live there and I don't care. People who wait for politicians to tell them what to do are sheep and deserve who they get.

(02-25-2023, 07:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I read the article and responded accordingly.  Heck, if Trump idiotically told republican voters not to vote in the Georgia election, I sure as heck don't see anything wrong with a Dem or Rep candidate stating if you are not going to vote for me then don't vote for me.  Call me crazy but I think that's a lot more sensible than what Trump did.

Ask him about the bruises on his forehead..
(02-26-2023, 11:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]

(02-25-2023, 07:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I read the article and responded accordingly.  Heck, if Trump idiotically told republican voters not to vote in the Georgia election, I sure as heck don't see anything wrong with a Dem or Rep candidate stating if you are not going to vote for me then don't vote for me.  Call me crazy but I think that's a lot more sensible than what Trump did.

Because for every thread pointing out something stupid or abnormal being done by a democrat, there is always history of Trump (who is worshipped by many in this section) doing something 10x more idiotic.
(02-28-2023, 02:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2023, 11:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]She told people who weren't going to vote for her to not vote at all. Her opponents, also democrats, decided she was interfering with the voting process.

Because for every thread pointing out something stupid or abnormal being done by a democrat, there is always history of Trump (who is worshipped by many in this section) doing something 10x more idiotic.

[Image: trump-sledabda55f270fb0ae8.gif]

[Image: 3-Figure1-1.png]
(02-28-2023, 02:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2023, 11:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]She told people who weren't going to vote for her to not vote at all. Her opponents, also democrats, decided she was interfering with the voting process.

I think we can all agree that there is plenty of stupidity on both sides of the aisle. That doesn't justify any of it though.
(02-28-2023, 03:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2023, 02:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Because for every thread pointing out something stupid or abnormal being done by a democrat, there is always history of Trump (who is worshipped by many in this section) doing something 10x more idiotic.

[Image: trump-sledabda55f270fb0ae8.gif]

Trump delivering $1200 checks to dead people during Covid.
(02-28-2023, 05:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2023, 03:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ][Image: trump-sledabda55f270fb0ae8.gif]

Trump delivering $1200 checks to dead people during Covid.

As opposed to delivering votes of dead people?
Pages: 1 2 3 4