Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wokeness going too far...........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm glad I have a box set of 007 DVD's now that hasn't been reworked...........

James Bond Books Get Woke Makeover - Here Are the Words 007 Can't Say in Updated Editions

It’s difficult to call the “Austin Powers” series of movies a one-joke franchise, but at least most of the first film derived much of its humor from a single gag repeated over and over again:

A 1960s super-spy, frozen in time and unfrozen 30 years later, would find the kind of things he could get away with — culturally, anyhow — severely curtailed.

https://www.westernjournal.com/james-bon...n=memelink
(02-27-2023, 06:43 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad I have a box set of 007 DVD's now that hasn't been reworked...........

James Bond Books Get Woke Makeover - Here Are the Words 007 Can't Say in Updated Editions

It’s difficult to call the “Austin Powers” series of movies a one-joke franchise, but at least most of the first film derived much of its humor from a single gag repeated over and over again:

A 1960s super-spy, frozen in time and unfrozen 30 years later, would find the kind of things he could get away with — culturally, anyhow — severely curtailed.

Finally those capitalist pigs will pay for their crimes! Eh, comrades? Eh?
Yep. No doubt smh
(02-27-2023, 07:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2023, 06:43 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad I have a box set of 007 DVD's now that hasn't been reworked...........

Finally those capitalist pigs will pay for their crimes! Eh, comrades? Eh?

Mikesez, we won!
(02-28-2023, 08:06 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1...79721?s=20

Who?
It was a fad. Would eventually run it's course or run itself out of the collective media. People vote with their dollars. Once the box office starts to tank you have no choice but to go back to the drawing board.

These scenarios are one off's that will slowly fade out. People can keep beating their drum all they want. I always found Dave Chapelle's take on this to be hilarious. By created characters that contradict the narrative.

His Superhero take is gold. "He "r" words but he also saves, the only way his powers work is if he can use sexual assault to activate them". Pick your poison. He [BLEEP] on everybody.
(02-28-2023, 10:13 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2023, 07:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Finally those capitalist pigs will pay for their crimes! Eh, comrades? Eh?

Mikesez, we won!

Oh, groovy, smashing.  Yay capitalism!
If they're going to do this then they need to change the title of each book they modify and take Ian Fleming's name off of the book, because if they modify any of his books in any way then they cease to be Ian Fleming's books as he wrote them.

To sell books that THEY wrote using Ian Fleming's name and title is at best disingenuos and worst fraudulent.

Yeah, I know; they're only changing a few things. But let's change the Mona Lisa into a PoC, cuz people might be offended b/c the most famous painting in the world is not representative of the world population. Is it still the Mona Lisa?
Am I the only one that never really cared for the whole 007 franchise?

I think I maybe saw like (3) 007 movies, one with Connery, one with Moore and one with Craig.. Just not a fan, I tried..
(03-01-2023, 11:51 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one that never really cared for the whole 007 franchise?

I think I maybe saw like (3) 007 movies, one with Connery, one with Moore and one with Craig.. Just not a fan, I tried..

You can add me to that list. Spoofs of that genre are much better than the genre itself, IMHO.
The Brosnan films were more fun than the Craig films. Those are the only ones I've seen. The Craig films went in too hard on the emotional realism while the plot twists remained totally ridiculous. You can get that from an episode of 24, if that's what you want. The vibe in the Brosnan films was much more swagger and bravado than existentialism and impending doom.
(03-01-2023, 11:51 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one that never really cared for the whole 007 franchise?

(03-01-2023, 04:38 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]

You can add me to that list.  Spoofs of that genre are much better than the genre itself, IMHO.

Same on my end. Honestly, outside of playing 007: Goldeneye on the N64 as a kid I couldn't tell you much about the series as a whole. I know my Dad was into it growing up but that's about it. He'll tell you Connery was the best Bond though. I hear Craig has been pretty good for the franchise but I have never seen him in a lot of movies to begin with. 

I think I have seen Craig in two movies. One was about aliens in the 1800's midwest. The other was a remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Which was pretty cool. Didn't know the chick in the flick is the granddaughter of the Rooney and Mara families. Talk about [BLEEP] football royalty. Rooney Mara is her name.