Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Have not seen this in years in Jaguar land.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The key to building a team and culture is to keep key players on the roster. The Jaguars have played musical chairs with the roster for so long it's strange to see the Jaguars bringing back so many players.  This is a sign of stability. This team may have a handful of players lasting more than a few years with the team.  I believe the dumpster fire days are over with. 

Got the GM, got the coach, got the Qb, retaining roster, these are all signs of a stable good team. 

Kudos to Baalke making the cap situation look easy. The people who were wearing the clown mask are really looking like clowns now.
We pretty much drafted bad players, landed bad free agents, had bad coaches and bad GMs. There really weren't many people that the Jags wanted to keep.
All of your points are valid, however, the only negative thing worth noting is the big buck$ we handed out last year.
I'm still cautiously optimistic about players "wanting" to sign here instead of overpaying.
This off-season will come as a big test for both Cosch Pederson and GM Baalke. I've come to like Baalke, but he is the main culprit for unloading so much money last year. As we all know, "Winning comes with a price," and by that I mean one eye in the now, and the other in the future, otherwise we could be reliving past nightmares.
"The future belongs to those who prepare for it today." ~ Malcolm X
《 Bless Up 》
The contracts of Zaye Jones and Christian Kirk are only 3 and 4 years respectively so there's not a lengthy commitment, considering they are a definitely must have entering their 2nd year of their contracts. Conversely, a team that commits 5 years and $230m ($160m guaranteed) to a QB like Kyler Murray is screwed.
(03-13-2023, 01:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]The contracts of Zaye Jones and Christian Kirk are only 3 and 4 years respectively so there's not a lengthy commitment, considering they are a definitely must have entering their 2nd year of their contracts.  Conversely, a team that commits 5 years and $230m ($160m guaranteed) to a QB like Kyler Murray is screwed.

Agreed about Kyler. I’m hoping the Jaguars get it right with Trevor.
A good football season is usually accompanied by a boring off season.
(03-13-2023, 07:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]A good football season is usually accompanied by a boring off season.

But is the team talented enough, without dipping into FA, to reach a Super Bowl?
(03-13-2023, 11:38 PM)wg171 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2023, 07:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]A good football season is usually accompanied by a boring off season.

But is the team talented enough, without dipping into FA, to reach a Super Bowl?

With a good draft yes.
(03-13-2023, 11:38 PM)wg171 Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't know, i'd say probably not this year but you never know. Hit a couple good draft picks, young players getting better and consistent coaching for once and you may just have something.
If they get to the Superbowl this season it would be impressive. This year's schedule on paper has a lot of primetime opportunities against teams that will more than likely be in the play-off's.

I still have my reservations and concerns. We're going to need massive step-up's from Walker and Lloyd as 2nd year players. We're going to need to keep a close eye on the offensive line. We're going to have to hope that Ridley comes in ready to rock and roll. There's depth concerns behind Engram and Etienne as well for me still.

We'll see. The fortunate thing is that we play in what appears to be a weak division that's currently going through a lot of change and overhaul. At the most important position in all of sports. So, that bodes well for us. We could very well sneak in as a 4th seed again with a 9 win season. I would rather see 11 wins or more though. Just to show they've grown from 2022.