Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Doug making his rounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking like a proud daddy, lol

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/16309...ZfSZNxsZ1A

Heard one of them saying,”congrats on the crazy run”
You can go a long way in life just being a nice person.
Well deserved. In 2023, pedal to the metal.
(03-02-2023, 05:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]You can go a long way in life just being a nice person.

How true. Nice guys don't always finish last!
Watching the draft this morning and they had Doug in with the commentary guys. Nice segment, they asked him again what areas he was looking for in this draft. He relied they were focused on resigning their free agents then they could really get into the draft and what they wanted out of it. They must have had someone write like 20 or responses for him and Trent in preparation for the combine. Our guy did good...
Really hope Doug makes this his home for MANY Years!
(03-02-2023, 05:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]You can go a long way in life just being a nice person.

Signed Gus Bradley
(03-06-2023, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status...79393?s=20

To be fair it was Bieniemy that stole it, not Reid, lol.
(03-06-2023, 12:04 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2023, 09:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status...79393?s=20

To be fair it was Bieniemy that stole it, not Reid, lol.

It's also nothing new.

Nate Hackett ran that same play here in Jax with Corey Grant and Dede Westbrook alternately - and had some nice gains with it.
(03-06-2023, 02:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2023, 12:04 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair it was Bieniemy that stole it, not Reid, lol.

It's also nothing new.

Nate Hackett ran that same play here in Jax with Corey Grant and Dede Westbrook alternately - and had some nice gains with it.

Yeah. I remember that. Especially with Grant. Me and Dad were wondering why they didn't run it more in the 2017 Championship game with the Patriots. It was working earlier on.
(03-06-2023, 02:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2023, 02:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It's also nothing new.

Yeah. I remember that. Especially with Grant. Me and Dad were wondering why they didn't run it more in the 2017 Championship game with the Patriots. It was working earlier on.

The pats were flummoxed by Grant and Fournette being on the field together. 
They unstacked the box and we could swing pass to either player or run either player effectively. 

Then... we... ummm...  we just, like, stopped doing it. 

I'm praying Belichick made some adjustment I'm unaware of and didn't see, because it sure looked like we could have continued gashing them over and over out of those formations. And, yes, that exact play was part of the package.
I just hope we aren't too broke to get a real defense.
(03-07-2023, 03:47 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]I just hope we aren't too broke to get a real defense.

That's what the first 2-3 draft picks are for.
(03-07-2023, 04:03 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2023, 03:47 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]I just hope we aren't too broke to get a real defense.

That's what the first 2-3 draft picks are for.

I still salivate for a premier Y TE like Washinton or Mayer, too.