Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: No need for a repo man now thanks to Ford Motor Company........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford Patent Application Reveals Secret Feature That Could Render Vehicle Absolutely Useless

In perhaps the best example yet of how “smart” systems can actually hinder consumers, a new patent application from American motor conglomerate Ford is raising quite a few eyebrows.

As first reported by the motorist enthusiast website The Drive, this patent document (which you can view yourself here) is labeled “Systems And Methods To Repossess A Vehicle,” and it’s as exactly customer-friendly for Ford owners as it sounds.

https://ijr.com/ford-patent-application-...manualpost
As a former repo man, I would rather the car come to me than hopping into a car and driving away while the hair stands up on the back of my neck waiting for gunshots to ring out. That’s the worst feeling.
Is there a built-in feature somewhere that lets you offer your Ford as a voluntary repo without the possibility of ruining your credit?
(03-03-2023, 01:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]As a former repo man, I would rather the car come to me than hopping into a car and driving away while the hair stands up on the back of my neck waiting for gunshots to ring out. That’s the worst feeling.

I'd never do that, no way no how.  It's not like you are repossessing cars from the nice neighborhoods with friendly owners who invite you in for tea and crumpets to ease your day.   lol
(03-03-2023, 06:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2023, 01:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]As a former repo man, I would rather the car come to me than hopping into a car and driving away while the hair stands up on the back of my neck waiting for gunshots to ring out. That’s the worst feeling.

I'd never do that, no way no how.  It's not like you are repossessing cars from the nice neighborhoods with friendly owners who invite you in for tea and crumpets to ease your day.   lol

WANTED: Rattlesnake
Need it before my grace period expires on Tuesday.
Will pay cash.  Will also consider skunk or large fire ant nest.
(03-03-2023, 06:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Snatching a car is the last resort. Most of the time people cooperate. Sometimes grudgingly, but that’s preferable to taking. Plus you don’t know what you’re driving away. I once grabbed a car with no brakes. All it had was the parking brake.