Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: LYNYRD SKYNYRD Guitarist GARY ROSSINGTON Dead At 71
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The last original........

LYNYRD SKYNYRD Guitarist GARY ROSSINGTON Dead At 71

Guitarist Gary Rossington was the last remaining original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Sadly, he passed away today, March 5th, at the age of 71. A statement from Lynyrd Skynyrd reads: 

"It is with our deepest sympathy and sadness that we have to advise, that we lost our brother, friend, family member, songwriter and guitarist, Gary Rossington, today.

https://bravewords.com/news/lynyrd-skyny...dead-at-71
Not bad for a high school band. They all died way too young.
That group died the day Ronnie did. It's sad to watch it become a 'brand' with <<fill in name here>> Van Zant as the lead singer, guitarist, etc.
Can we officially stop playing Sweet Home Alabama as our theme song at Jags games now.
(03-06-2023, 04:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Can we officially stop playing Sweet Home Alabama as our theme song at Jags games now.

Yeah, i never understood the whole 'Sweet Home Alabama' thing anyway, since we're not in Alabama. As an anthem, I always thought that 'You Got That Right' made more sense for Jacksonville. It fits the fanbase better.
What a shame ... Saw him play a couple of years ago! I don't think anyone in the audience, (and probably even Gary) was conning themselves that it was Skynyrd circa 76' ... But I was pleased i saw him at least once all the same. The man wrote some wonderful songs, that have given me a lot of pleasure down the years so I'll certainly spare him a thought tonight!