Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colleges trains future teachers that Teaching is a political act......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just glad I graduated school back in 1979 and that my Daughter is no longer in school. She doesn't have kids and with stuff like this happening, I'm glad she doesn't.........

Progressive Course Being Used to Fulfill Teaching Certification Has Shocking Instructions for Educators

A University of North Texas course trains students to view teaching as an “ethical and political act,” according to a syllabus obtained by the College Fix.
“Teaching as Advocacy for Equity” can be taken to fulfill a teacher certification requirement for early childhood through sixth grade education and “explores the relationships between education, culture and society,” according to the university catalogue.
The spring 2023 syllabus includes sections on race, gender and sexuality, immigration and xenophobia, policing and restorative justice.

https://www.westernjournal.com/progressi...52DCbOhbCw
Stupid people take stupid courses..
This has been a thing for a while now. It's called critical pedagogy. I've mentioned it here several times.
(03-06-2023, 03:12 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]This has been a thing for a while now. It's called critical pedagogy. I've mentioned it here several times.

Tho lately certain portions of it have morphed into critical pederasy.
(03-06-2023, 03:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid people take stupid courses..

Yea, my freshman year I got unwillingly roped into a course called ''Interdepartmental Studies' by a 'counselor' who informed me that I was taking too many math / science courses for a 1st semester freshman. The course ended up being taught in the round; the concept was to 'rap' about the current issues of the day.. pollution, racism, the Vietnam war, etc etc while looking around at each other. Half the class didn't want to be there, and the other half didn't bother to be there. It would have been more productive if we had just played dodgeball sitting in those chairs. I ended up just making it my own personal study hall and caught up on my reading for my more 'traditional' courses. It's both sad and pathetic to think that there are college degrees out there that might have those kinds of courses as core curriculum.
(03-06-2023, 03:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2023, 03:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid people take stupid courses..

Yea, my freshman year I got unwillingly roped into a course called ''Interdepartmental Studies' by a 'counselor' who informed me that I was taking too many math / science courses for a 1st semester freshman.  The course ended up being taught in the round; the concept was to 'rap' about the current issues of the day.. pollution, racism, the Vietnam war, etc etc while looking around at each other.  Half the class didn't want to be there, and the other half didn't bother to be there.  It would have been more productive if we had just played dodgeball sitting in those chairs.  I ended up just making it my own personal study hall and caught up on my reading for my more 'traditional' courses.  It's both sad and pathetic to think that there are college degrees out there that might have those kinds of courses as core curriculum.

I gotta say, I think I benefited the most by going straight from High School to the workforce. And I barely graduated. I was a C-D student pretty much my whole HS educational career. I was more into girls and booze. Cutting classes and sometimes, not even showing up. It took me close to 10 years to lose interest in that 'Weekend Warrior' status. I finally figured out to work smarter and not harder.. Ended up enrolling into college, started off with my prerequisites first, and once I got those down I ended up graduating as an A-B student.. 

My point is, not every kid is ready for college immediately after High School. Some have those demons in them that they need to extinguish first lol

So, not attending college for about 10 years later allowed me to also think about what I really wanted to do and apply myself. 

Ended up working in the aerospace industry. Boeing and Grumman..

Retired now.