Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Really Interesting Conversation with Christian Kirk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Christian Kirk Explains The Jaguars' Turn Around | Podcast Interview - YouTube

After you get through the opening banter, it becomes a really fascinating conversation.
Great listen.

Kirk said the turn around happened when they started to let Trevor have more freedom.
I thought one of the most interesting things they talked about was "the process" and how the coaches put all the importance on the process: learning how to watch film better, learning how to practice better, learning more about things going on around them on every play, and how Kirk's game went to a new level when he acquired quarterback-level knowledge of the offense and of each play called. No matter what, no matter how many games they lost, the coaches always told them the most important thing was the process.

It really brought forward the fact that this is a great coaching staff.

And also, as Cleatwood said, when they started letting Trevor call plays at the line of scrimmage. Like the long TD to Zay Jones in the playoff game against the Chargers- Trevor saw the coverage, and changed the play at the line of scrimmage. Kirk knew he had to make Derwin James bite on the underneath route, so he ran hard at him, locked eyes with him, broke it off hard, and James took the bait, leaving Zay wide open.

There's a lot of interesting stuff in there.
(03-09-2023, 11:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Great listen.

Kirk said the turn around happened when they started to let Trevor have more freedom.

Interesting.  I thought it was freedom that lead Trevor to throw interceptions in the end zone on back to back weeks.
That was great!
Very insightful. Like when Kirk broke down the long TD pass.
And definitely,he said Trevor’s turnaround was they have him more freedom
Too long to watch right now.

Did he break down that dropped bomb in the Divisional game? A momentum killer.
(03-09-2023, 08:28 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Too long to watch right now.

Did he break down that dropped bomb in the Divisional game? A momentum killer.
Whewwww. Man coming in hot from the top rope! I like it. Lol.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Good stuff
Dropped footballs happen to all receivers. But you can put that Kirk’s drop right up there with Northcutt’s drop against NE and Matt Jones’ jump ball I think it was against CLE.

On the bright side, Kirk exceeded all expectations since he walked through the door. It helps that he has a top 5 QB, who was given Peyton Manning’s blessing saying the sky is the limit, throwing to him. Manning also said Jacksonville is here.

Kirk will be expected to become one of the premier WRs in the league next season.
Kirk has been an incredibly consistent receiver throughout his career.. The two 17 game seasons may have boosted his numbers slightly over the past 2 years but at the very least he's super consistent and has improved a tad bit each season. Will be interesting to see how much better he can be with Lawrence after a full year of working together..