Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: MSNBC Editor Trashes Film as it shows US Military in a positive light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SHe needs to realize that it's the US Military that provide her protection so she can shoot off her ill-informed big yap.......

'Top Gun: Maverick' is 'insidious' for portraying 'virtue' of U.S. military: MSNBC editor

Zeeshan Aleem called the film a 'poisonous kind of nostalgia' that 'smuggles love of endless war into a celebration of live action'

MSNBC opinion editor Zeeshan Aleem recently condemned "Top Gun: Maverick" as the "most insidious movie" at the Oscars" because it shows the U.S. military as a "beacon of virtue."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/top-gun-ma...nbc-editor
I think instead of the Oscars, I'm going to watch a double feature..

Top Gun then Top Gun Mav..
"it also beckons for a return to accepting the American war machine as a beacon of virtue and excitement."

If that's what he got out of that movie his mindset needs an enema.
People just need to let themselves be entertained and not worry so much about what it says.
Though it is true that if Russians or Chinese made movies about their militaries, we would probably call it propaganda.
Maybe our military bombed her family's village or something who knows. Or maybe Israel did. Doesn't mean we're the bad guys though. War is dirty business, but someone has to win.
Dude's own network is a cheerleader for war lolol

Gaslight much? lolol
Same ole same ole anti-military rhetoric. Compared to what many of us on here experienced during the Vietnam War, this is tame and lame. I'm sure he would have us to be unarmed and unprotected, taking all those hostile countries at their word via good faith. These people are naive and should be educated to the realities of the world.