Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ENough is Enough...... Illegal immigration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We need to quit pussyfooting around with illegals and the people that help them. Time to put Military units at the border with shoot on sight orders. With the number of illegals crossing the border under Biden's lax policies, it's nothing short of an invasion........

Texas grandma, granddaughter killed in crash involving human smuggler: 'Enough is enough'

Authorities say two of the 11 migrants being illegally smuggled in the driver's car were killed

A Texas grandma and her 7-year-old granddaughter were killed Monday in a car crash that involved a human smuggler evading arrest, authorities said.  

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has confirmed their identities as 71-year-old Maria Tambunga and Emilia Tambunga, a second-grader at Ozona Elementary School. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-grandma...n-smuggler
'I've got your border crisis right here!'

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdnn1.img.sputniknews.c...ipo=images]
(03-16-2023, 08:16 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]We need to quit pussyfooting around with illegals and the people that help them. Time to put Military units at the border with shoot on sight orders. With the number of illegals crossing the border under Biden's lax policies, it's nothing short of an invasion........

Texas grandma, granddaughter killed in crash involving human smuggler: 'Enough is enough'

Authorities say two of the 11 migrants being illegally smuggled in the driver's car were killed

A Texas grandma and her 7-year-old granddaughter were killed Monday in a car crash that involved a human smuggler evading arrest, authorities said.  

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has confirmed their identities as 71-year-old Maria Tambunga and Emilia Tambunga, a second-grader at Ozona Elementary School. 

The authorities were already chasing the guy.  "Shoot on sight" wouldn't have fixed this.  This human cargo came hidden in crates loaded in trucks.  They didn't walk across.
(03-16-2023, 08:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2023, 08:16 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]We need to quit pussyfooting around with illegals and the people that help them. Time to put Military units at the border with shoot on sight orders. With the number of illegals crossing the border under Biden's lax policies, it's nothing short of an invasion........

The authorities were already chasing the guy.  "Shoot on sight" wouldn't have fixed this.  This human cargo came hidden in crates loaded in trucks.  They didn't walk across.

Shoot on sight and harsh punishments for hiring will immediately stop it. They are coming here because there is no threat of anything happening to them. They can easily get jobs, if that goes away then they stop coming.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(03-16-2023, 11:01 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2023, 08:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The authorities were already chasing the guy.  "Shoot on sight" wouldn't have fixed this.  This human cargo came hidden in crates loaded in trucks.  They didn't walk across.

Shoot on sight and harsh punishments for hiring will immediately stop it. They are coming here because there is no threat of anything happening to them. They can easily get jobs, if that goes away then they stop coming.

Harsher punishments for hiring illegals should help.  It's obvious that many companies are bribing the right people so they don't get punished.  Then suddenly someone bucks that patronage system then they get raided.  Both parties are getting bribed this way.  But you'll still have them leaking in as day laborers, and subcontractors.
Idk, after hearing on Fox News etc about the whole border crisis. Last summer I visited the McAllen, TX area for a work trip. I had some time to myself and ate the best tacos I’d ever had. I also drove up close to the border because I just wanted to see the Rio Grande. I wanted to be able to see across the border maybe into an area of Mexico with some elevation, just to see it. I was unable to do this as every road that appeared on Google maps near the border was not a public road, it was an area where Border Patrol was doing just that, patrolling the border. Border patrol has all of that on lock. I understand it’s a very long border but you’d have to assume most of the illegal crossings are coming through the border cities, specifically Reynosa into McAllen and Matamoros into Brownsville, as these were the areas I was near. It’s a very harsh landscape especially considering the weather so I just can’t imagine the logistics of transporting people through rural areas, although im sure it happens. I also cannot speak as to the border patrol presence through the rural areas I didn’t visit them.

On the way back up and much to my surprise there are checkpoints on all roads leading back north. I was not aware of this. There is no doubt that drugs and people get across not only the border but also these checkpoints but I felt good knowing our guys are doing what they can about it.

Ultimately I know what the numbers say, 1000’s cross the border everyday but in my experience it does seem that border patrol is taking this very serious.

As long as the Central American countries remain in the state that they are in this will continue to happen. Recently I saw the news out of El Salvador which was the murder capital of the world. Their president had the largest prison in North America built in 7 months as they arrested 60,000 gang members. I can only hope that Mexico would follow suit and hopefully take care of the cartels, or perhaps let the US military take care of it.
(03-17-2023, 12:30 AM)Jagfan44 Wrote: [ -> ]Idk, after hearing on Fox News etc about the whole border crisis. Last summer I visited the McAllen, TX area for a work trip. I had some time to myself and ate the best tacos I’d ever had. I also drove up close to the border because I just wanted to see the Rio Grande. I wanted to be able to see across the border maybe into an area of Mexico with some elevation, just to see it. I was unable to do this as every road that appeared on Google maps near the border was not a public road, it was an area where Border Patrol was doing just that, patrolling the border. Border patrol has all of that on lock. I understand it’s a very long border but you’d have to assume most of the illegal crossings are coming through the border cities, specifically Reynosa into McAllen and Matamoros into Brownsville, as these were the areas I was near. It’s a very harsh landscape especially considering the weather so I just can’t imagine the logistics of transporting people through rural areas, although im sure it happens. I also cannot speak as to the border patrol presence through the rural areas I didn’t visit them.

On the way back up and much to my surprise there are checkpoints on all roads leading back north. I was not aware of this. There is no doubt that drugs and people get across not only the border but also these checkpoints but I felt good knowing our guys are doing what they can about it.

Ultimately I know what the numbers say, 1000’s cross the border everyday but in my experience it does seem that border patrol is taking this very serious.

As long as the Central American countries remain in the state that they are in this will continue to happen. Recently I saw the news out of El Salvador which was the murder capital of the world. Their president had the largest prison in North America built in 7 months as they arrested 60,000 gang members. I can only hope that Mexico would follow suit and hopefully take care of the cartels, or perhaps let the US military take care of it.

All facts.  The feds can search and seize pretty much anything within 100 miles of the border, and they do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_search_exception
But I have to believe bribes play a big role in this.
Of course, we should control the border a lot better, but actually, most illegal immigrants didn't come over the Mexican border. They are people who came here legally and just didn't go home. If you want to do something about illegal immigration, you have to do something about that.
(03-17-2023, 12:30 AM)Jagfan44 Wrote: [ -> ]Idk, after hearing on Fox News etc about the whole border crisis. Last summer I visited the McAllen, TX area for a work trip. I had some time to myself and ate the best tacos I’d ever had. I also drove up close to the border because I just wanted to see the Rio Grande. I wanted to be able to see across the border maybe into an area of Mexico with some elevation, just to see it. I was unable to do this as every road that appeared on Google maps near the border was not a public road, it was an area where Border Patrol was doing just that, patrolling the border. Border patrol has all of that on lock. I understand it’s a very long border but you’d have to assume most of the illegal crossings are coming through the border cities, specifically Reynosa into McAllen and Matamoros into Brownsville, as these were the areas I was near. It’s a very harsh landscape especially considering the weather so I just can’t imagine the logistics of transporting people through rural areas, although im sure it happens. I also cannot speak as to the border patrol presence through the rural areas I didn’t visit them.

What does border control patrolling do? What illegal immigration did they stop?

You know the illegals turn themselves in to the agents right? They can't get their free handouts and asylum without turning themselves in.

The only thing the agents are doing is to potentially catch someone stupid who is transporting drugs. The agents aren't allowed to do their jobs.

The Central and South American countries are all leftist hellholes. El Salvador seems to have gone against the plan and we will see how long the president is in power or alive. They are cutting the ties to all the WEF types and they will pushback to keep the power over the region.

(03-17-2023, 10:59 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]

What does border control patrolling do? What illegal immigration did they stop?

You know the illegals turn themselves in to the agents right? They can't get their free handouts and asylum without turning themselves in.

The only thing the agents are doing is to potentially catch someone stupid who is transporting drugs. The agents aren't allowed to do their jobs.

The Central and South American countries are all leftist hellholes. El Salvador seems to have gone against the plan and we will see how long the president is in power or alive. They are cutting the ties to all the WEF types and they will pushback to keep the power over the region.

The asylum thing is yesterday's news.  After Covid, you basically have to remain in Mexico for your asylum case to be judged, unless you're from Mexico and claiming asylum from Mexico. We're letting in Haitians and Venezuelans with relatively lax requirements but the central Americans have to stay in Mexico now.