Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Transgender kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Here is an article from a surprising place about the state of science on dealing with transgender kids.

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2023/0...r-medicine

These guys aren't on anyone's side.  They're certainly not on mine.  You'll like the part where they say Democrars should be more skeptical of this stuff. You'll probably dislike the part where they say Republicans need to be more open minded.

As you know, I've been saying that there's no reason to prevent kids from taking puberty blockers if their parents agree.  This article says we should doubt that because, while we have data for the long term effects on kids who are actually too young to start puberty, we don't have any good data on what happens to kids who are at the normal age for puberty to start and then have it blocked.  Why is there so little data? Because most doctors that prescribe such medication also prescribe the cross-gender hormones at the same time or soon after.  

So this article is saying we need to actually do controlled experiments on these kids.  We need to take the claims that they might become suicidal seriously, and put some of them on treatment while others get placebo.  It's kind of distasteful when you put it that way, but apparently it's what the UK and Sweden are now doing.
Well I was only able to read a paragraph because of a paywall, so I'll give the nickel opinion.

Child abuse..
Transgender is an identity sickness, it's a mental disease and we are doing everyone adult and child a horrible disservice treating it like anything but a mental illness.
(04-06-2023, 09:43 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Transgender is an identity sickness, it's a mental disease and we are doing everyone adult and child a horrible disservice treating it like anything but a mental illness.
It's been a mental illness for a long time until recently. It was how they got insurance to cover it. The main issue is now they aren't treating it as an illness that needs to be cured but actually saying your illness is correct and your body is just wrong.

Maybe we should agree it's not a mental illness and drop all medical coverage for the elective treatment. I bet all the hospitals pushing it will stop and they will be begging everyone to call it a mental illness again.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Stop pedaling this crap. It's not natural and it's not healthy. Period.
How is it a good idea to freeze someone's development at age 12? So when he's 17 and in high school he's got the body of a 12 year old but surrounded by people with the bodies of 17 year olds? How is that a good thing? How is he going to engage in competitive sports at a high school level? Who's gonna wanna go to the prom with a guy who's biologically only 12? I mean besides mikesez.
Because he cares more about what his ingroup thinks of him than actual results. It doesn't matter who's scarred, so long as he can be seen to be compassionate and thoughtful.
(04-07-2023, 09:53 AM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote: [ -> ]How is it a good idea to freeze someone's development at age 12?  So when he's 17 and in high school he's got the body of a 12 year old but surrounded by people with the bodies of 17 year olds?  How is that a good thing?  How is he going to engage in competitive sports at a high school level?  Who's gonna wanna go to the prom with a guy who's biologically only 12?  I mean besides mikesez.

None of it is good but all of it is preferable to suicide.
Ah, the great boogeyman.
(04-07-2023, 12:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2023, 09:43 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Transgender is an identity sickness, it's a mental disease and we are doing everyone adult and child a horrible disservice treating it like anything but a mental illness.
It's been a mental illness for a long time until recently. It was how they got insurance to cover it. The main issue is now they aren't treating it as an illness that needs to be cured but actually saying your illness is correct and your body is just wrong.

Maybe we should agree it's not a mental illness and drop all medical coverage for the elective treatment. I bet all the hospitals pushing it will stop and they will be begging everyone to call it a mental illness again.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

+100 (if i could)
Honest question. Because it really involves my wife's childhood friend.

He's gay. He's into men. Now, check this out. He's currently talking to a man that's transgendered from previously being a woman. Suffers from PTSD due to serving in Iraq, as a woman.

He's into "him". So, does that make my wife's gay friend straight now or what? Keep in mind. This guy he's talking to is not even fully transitioned yet. So, he's got a split down there. Not a hammer hanging.

Somebody explain this [BLEEP] to me. I need answers. LOL.
(04-10-2023, 02:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Honest question. Because it really involves my wife's childhood friend.

He's gay. He's into men. Now, check this out. He's currently talking to a man that's transgendered from previously being a woman. Suffers from PTSD due to serving in Iraq, as a woman.

He's into "him". So, does that make my wife's gay friend straight now or what? Keep in mind. This guy he's talking to is not even fully transitioned yet. So, he's got a split down there. Not a hammer hanging.

The immutable laws of nature are at work here. A biological male is having sex with a biological female. Everything else is simply make believe.
(04-10-2023, 02:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Honest question. Because it really involves my wife's childhood friend.

lololol

I'm not touching that..

"That's what he said!"
(04-10-2023, 03:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

The immutable laws of nature are at work here. A biological male is having sex with a biological female. Everything else is simply make believe.

Best answer to the question(s).
(04-10-2023, 03:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

That's my take on it. I flat out said "Huh, so, he's straight now?". My wife chuckled. She agrees with me. I just find it fascinating really. 

Also, not to take any digs at the Alphabet Soup community. I have no issues with them. But, I hate to say this. Virtually every person I know of within that community that is apart of my wife's social group has some kind of medically defined mental illness or disorder. Not some of them. I mean, all of them. 

Which is a good chunk of her social circle. Obviously, us heterosexual's are not exempt from mental issues, etc. However, I just find it fascinating that this person, that person, a family member, etc. They ALL have some kind of medication to combat depression, manic like disorders, etc. or, they come from a pretty [BLEEP] up family.
(04-06-2023, 09:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Here is an article from a surprising place about the state of science on dealing with transgender kids.

These guys aren't on anyone's side.  They're certainly not on mine.  You'll like the part where they say Democrars should be more skeptical of this stuff. You'll probably dislike the part where they say Republicans need to be more open minded.

As you know, I've been saying that there's no reason to prevent kids from taking puberty blockers if their parents agree.  This article says we should doubt that because, while we have data for the long term effects on kids who are actually too young to start puberty, we don't have any good data on what happens to kids who are at the normal age for puberty to start and then have it blocked.  Why is there so little data? Because most doctors that prescribe such medication also prescribe the cross-gender hormones at the same time or soon after.  

So this article is saying we need to actually do controlled experiments on these kids.  We need to take the claims that they might become suicidal seriously, and put some of them on treatment while others get placebo.  It's kind of distasteful when you put it that way, but apparently it's what the UK and Sweden are now doing.

10s of millions of people died fighting against nazism and the degenerate work of Joseph Mengala.   7 decades later their great grandchildren are repackaging it in the dead carcas of John Money.  When u ad this to the 60 million children slaughtered the wombs of the freest richest most empowered women to ever live, you can male a strong case that we have completely squandered whatever was left of the legacy bequeathed to us by the greatest generation.  

This is NOT AMERICA...  

I need a bud light.
(04-10-2023, 03:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]

lololol

I'm not touching that..

"That's what he said!"

Just tons of questions. It's confusing but the math doesn't add up. Next time I see him I am going to bust his balls about it. I have known him for about 10 years now. Cool guy. Just has a tough time maintaining relationships with dudes. If this one works out he's cracked the code. Or nut, in this case. I have no idea anymore.
(04-10-2023, 04:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 03:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The immutable laws of nature are at work here. A biological male is having sex with a biological female. Everything else is simply make believe.

That's my take on it. I flat out said "Huh, so, he's straight now?". My wife chuckled. She agrees with me. I just find it fascinating really. 

Also, not to take any digs at the Alphabet Soup community. I have no issues with them. But, I hate to say this. Virtually every person I know of within that community that is apart of my wife's social group has some kind of medically defined mental illness or disorder. Not some of them. I mean, all of them. 

Which is a good chunk of her social circle. Obviously, us heterosexual's are not exempt from mental issues, etc. However, I just find it fascinating that this person, that person, a family member, etc. They ALL have some kind of medication to combat depression, manic like disorders, etc. or, they come from a pretty [BLEEP] up family.

Some of your contacts will blame their problems on their parents or childhood friends, for not being accepting of queerness.  That's why there's such a drive to change society, they hope that the next generation will have less mental health issues. 
But from what I can tell, from gay people I know, I doubt it will help much. Gay mental health seems to be one of those cluster things.  If one thing is abnormal about your brain, it's likely that other things will be abnormal too.  That, and gay people are often [BLEEP] to other gay people on the dating scene.  And gay people are much more likely to encourage each other to go to psychiatrists, than heterosexual people are. So, more brain abnormalities, more trauma inflicted by peers, less aversion to therapyp
(04-10-2023, 06:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 04:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]That's my take on it. I flat out said "Huh, so, he's straight now?". My wife chuckled. She agrees with me. I just find it fascinating really. 

Some of your contacts will blame their problems on their parents or childhood friends, for not being accepting of queerness.  That's why there's such a drive to change society, they hope that the next generation will have less mental health issues. 
But from what I can tell, from gay people I know, I doubt it will help much. Gay mental health seems to be one of those cluster things.  If one thing is abnormal about your brain, it's likely that other things will be abnormal too.  That, and gay people are often [BLEEP] to other gay people on the dating scene.  And gay people are much more likely to encourage each other to go to psychiatrists, than heterosexual people are. So, more brain abnormalities, more trauma inflicted by peers, less aversion to therapyp

I see you've done a lot of research on this..
(04-10-2023, 04:36 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2023, 09:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Here is an article from a surprising place about the state of science on dealing with transgender kids.

10s of millions of people died fighting against nazism and the degenerate work of Joseph Mengala.   7 decades later their great grandchildren are repackaging it in the dead carcas of John Money.  When u ad this to the 60 million children slaughtered the wombs of the freest richest most empowered women to ever live, you can male a strong case that we have completely squandered whatever was left of the legacy bequeathed to us by the greatest generation.  

This is NOT AMERICA...  

I need a bud light.

LOL, +1. Especially the Mengele part. I posted this very concept about a year ago in some other tranny post and it pretty much went unanswered / ignored. The irony.
Pages: 1 2 3 4